Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1148
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    needs more POCs being leaders
    indeed all the main black characters are soon to be led by kitty. smh.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    indeed all the main black characters are soon to be led by kitty. smh.
    *Pirate Kitty

Tbh for me it's not even the fact that she's leading them. It's just her in general.

I'd be fine with Kitty being on the team if it was Storm as captain and financier under the auspices of Mutantes Sans Frontières , which still has a slush fund courtesy of Wakanda's former Queen.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    *Pirate Kitty

Tbh for me it's not even the fact that she's leading them. It's just her in general.
    Agreed. I don’t even mind that Storm isn’t leading. I just wish it wasn’t Kitty.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I had to laugh at this. Nothing big.

But if they're gonna greenwash, they need to at least be thorough. The kid's lip is still brown here.

lmao
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-24-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

Lol, well, nothing says fictional green characters can’t have a brown-pink lip.

I’m not sure about kitty as leader again either...not really sure what draw is with her as leader...

I created a "Minority Report" on the recently-announced wave of X-Books.

My very conservative scoring system is as such:

All scores are calculated by multiplying the percentage of members by the max points (ie 50% women * 50 max points = 25 pts).

Women on Team
    To score any points women must:
    - Make up at least 37% of the team
    - Have more than one woman on the team
    - Max Points: 50

LGBTQ+
    - Max Points: 50

People of Color
    - Max Points: 100

The highest possible score is 200, but I consider passing to be 80-200, fair is 60-79, and poor is anything below 59.

This sounds so nitpicky and is soooo very SJW of me, but Hickman got me all in my 'making charts' feels.

Astonishing Member

Charts for everyone! it’s even color coded, easy to read. I laugh that the ‘summer’s family’ book got the loser score.

In defense of X-men, It is pretty clearly explained that roster is going to rotate and that group of characters isn't the permanent roster. Which mean X-force is the worse book in terms of diversity

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I can agree on X-Men. Though it may have been better to lead with different characters on the cover. lol

But Hickman SEEMS like he takes characters of color seriously and it was a good few pictured on the rotating roster.

Monet
    Frenzy
    Storm

Depends if he really will bring back Synch & Skin. lol He'll have Psylocke.

So while it may not be overflowing with color, it is still doing better than what we're used to.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Charts for everyone! it’s even color coded, easy to read. I laugh that the ‘summer’s family’ book got the loser score.
    I...duplicated colors and I just noticed it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    In defense of X-men, It is pretty clearly explained that roster is going to rotate and that group of characters isn't the permanent roster. Which mean X-force is the worse book in terms of diversity
    Oh yeah for sure. That one is hard to judge--hoping the Summers Family Reunion + Sometimes Daddy Logan is just a #1 gimmick/opening arc sort of thing because there is nothing I care about less than their overgrown family tree lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I can agree on X-Men. Though it may have been better to lead with different characters on the cover. lol

But Hickman SEEMS like he takes characters of color seriously and it was a good few pictured on the rotating roster.

Monet
    Frenzy
    Storm

Depends if he really will bring back Synch & Skin. lol He'll have Psylocke.

So while it may not be overflowing with color, it is still doing better than what we're used to.
    lol I feel like he is bringing back Angelo and Everett or at least one or the other. He's hyped them/Gen X too much to not do right by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post

Oh yeah for sure. That one is hard to judge--hoping the Summers Family Reunion + Sometimes Daddy Logan is just a #1 gimmick/opening arc sort of thing because there is nothing I care about less than their overgrown family tree lol.
    As X-fan it is cool to see them finally interact . We even get Cable at an age where he can parented by his mom and dad without it being awkward. As a one time thing it is cool. The only thing I am worried about is the floating roster(who is confirmed to appear)

Frenzy,Maggot, Forge, M

Polaris ,Dazzler, Boom Boom, Hope,Lifeguard ,Husk

Nightcrawler,Archangel,Strong Guy,Madrox,Banshee,Pete Wisdom,Cannonball,Northstar and Doop

The students Armor, Surge, Anole, Rockslide, Shark Girl, Gold balls,Ernst, No girl ,Mercury, Genesis, Scout, Oya, Cuckoos

I don't see next arc of X-men being all that diverse unless they are pulling from other books which is possibility. Most of the names feel like cameo but I will wait and see

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yeah, I hope more diversity of thought is considered more often. Character is arguably as important as skin color after all.

Can we talk about the whitewashing of Karima Shapandar? Not exactly (only) Hickman/Larraz's fault, but still pretty upsetting:

Her initial appearance in CC's Excalibur

Drawn by Ramos during Carey's run

After that there was some sort of course correction when she returned to human form in Wood's X-women title

But now in HoX she's back to being whitewashed

Yeah under Coipel too