Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1148
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

That is worrisome. Monet's coloring was questionable on HOX 3 as well.

I am only hoping Hickman won't have too many oversights and characters who started as people of color will stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    That is worrisome. Monet's coloring was questionable on HOX 3 as well.

I am only hoping Hickman won't have too many oversights and characters who started as people of color will stay that way.
    Yeah almost hope it was a mixup/choice on colorist Marte Gracia and not an editorial decision like it has been in the past :/

Mighty Member

Also where are Hijack, Thunderbird 3(he needs a new name), Gold Balls, and Bedlam.. Men of color really get that secondary mutation of invisibility. Warpath was doing good and now he is gone. I was hoping he would be in the New Mutants book. At this point, I will take him in any book. Gentle also needs to show up regularly.

And I talked to someone who worked at marvel about Monet's coloring. She attributed some of the error to try to get the work out as fast as possible.I was like they gotta do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Also where are Hijack, Thunderbird 3(he needs a new name), Gold Balls, and Bedlam.. Men of color really get that secondary mutation of invisibility. Warpath was doing good and now he is gone. I was hoping he would be in the New Mutants book. At this point, I will take him in any book. Gentle also needs to show up regularly.
    Gold Balls is shown to be on the X-Men rotating poster with Monet, Frenzy, and Bishop. Though he didn't look too black when I glimpsed at him.

And I talked to someone who worked at marvel about Monet's coloring. She attributed some of the error to try to get the work out as fast as possible.I was like they gotta do better.
    Now In some cases I am willing to give them SOME benefit of the doubt for rushing. But only with cases like GenX where she was a woman of color most of a chapter, but had certain segments where there was a WTH case.

But with cases like X-Factor and X-Men, there was no excuse. She was whitewashed plain & simple.

Again David Yardin, who did most of the X-Factor covers said he started making Monet darker because she was getting shades lighter than her original look. Then he said he'd be doing the same for Sunspot if he were drawing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post

I hope Bedlam, Manifold, Synch, Xorn, Thunderbird, Indra, Hikack, and Goldballs all get play. If we get new characters, I do hope for more men of color.

Hickman did say he mentioned Goldballs a couple of times during his Dawn of X panel that no one picked up on. I hope that means he gets some good appearances. As far as that giant rotating cast goes:

Surge, Goldballs, Storm, Jubilee, Oya, Armor, Mondo, Karma, Forge, Sunspot, Psylocke, Monet, Frenzy, Mirage, Bishop, Shark Girl, Genesis, Maggott, and Rictor all make it on. And in House of X #1: spoilers:
    Shen and Kuan-Yin Xorn are both revealed to be alive.
    end of spoilers Hopefully the same will eventually be said of Skin, Synch, Loa, Thunderbird, Daken, and Triage.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I hope Bedlam, Manifold, Synch, Xorn, Thunderbird, Indra, Hikack, and Goldballs all get play. If we get new characters, I do hope for more men of color.
    Desmond is a few new character of color. Based on his earlier look and name they are going the afro latino route.. they love this two for one special ala Miles Morales and PowerMan 2..
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I can agree on X-Men. Though it may have been better to lead with different characters on the cover. lol

But Hickman SEEMS like he takes characters of color seriously and it was a good few pictured on the rotating roster.

Monet
    Frenzy
    Storm
    where'd you see they'll be appearing?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    where'd you see they'll be appearing?
    ulp nevermind.
    i notice that some fans complain how humans are portrayed in X-Men comics namely "all bloodthirsty/hateful of mutants" Those same fans are stiiiiiiilll confused/lost about how Mutants are hated but not all Supers... I cant help but think the minority metaphor is tooo light for some and Marvel could really hit it home once and for all with a few stories (not a whoole 10 issue story arc) with some minority Mutants

Looks great. Again I prefer Monet with the black hair, but everyone looks great here! Very good piece.

Bishop looks better without the stupid M tattoo

Astonishing Member

I miss Darwin
    And I also miss seeing Shark Girl in Brazilian girl form. I am beginning to think many artists and writers don't know she is like Rahne and think she is 100% a Shark looking mutant.
    It could become a problem like what happened to Sauron and Sasquatch. They were only used as Sauron and Sasquatch for years, because writers/artists didnt know of their Dr Karl Lykos and Langkowski look. Ewing and Pad recently had them as humans for the first time in years, and Ewing being the continuity nerd he is, created an explanation for Sasquatch not being in his human form for so long, to excuse the mistake of the previous writers.

Since this thread is open again, I wanted to take the time & bring some receipts on earlier convo regarding Peter David and his whitening of Monet..

So should the topic some up elsewhere, I can link here.

PAD on the whitening of Monet. Asked about it in a letters page in 2006.

Then after some half-assed "darkening" with a still very white Monet, he displays an attitude when questioned about it.

His racial bias (racism) is very obvious. Hell in GenX, she was darker than Storm on a good few occasions and nobody complained. But he's pissed he's called out on his whitening of a formerly black character while claiming to like her. Then trying to play off that it doesn't matter what characters look like. Pft.

He just didn't want Monet to be black, but when called out on it, he had to have some half-assed damage control done, while still not making her "too black" looking.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-12-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Can we talk about the whitewashing of Karima Shapandar? Not exactly (only) Hickman/Larraz's fault, but still pretty upsetting:

But now in HoX she's back to being whitewashed
    ho.jpg

Well, at least she's colored a little darker than Gregor...