Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

The green kid grew from the hox/pox seeds that create the broccoli people from the planet that Was destroyed back in dark Phoenix saga.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Means View Post
    Oh, it's certainly possible, I just personally don't think it's likely. I think Storm actually would not identify as black -- a lot of africans in general don't even define themselves as black in our own reality, so it seems even further unlikely that Storm would.

Funnily enough, there's an episode of the old X-Men 90s cartoon where they go back in time and a guy hassles Storm for the color of her skin. She laughs and says, "How quaint." It's only Wolverine who gets upset that the guy was being racist -- probably because Wolverine survived decades in a reality wherein our version of racial prejudice still existed.
    Storm was born in Harlem.Spend some times on the streets of Cairo and was worshipped as a goddess in a area of Africa before joining the X-men and living in the U.S. for years.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Means View Post
    Oh, it's certainly possible, I just personally don't think it's likely. I think Storm actually would not identify as black -- a lot of africans in general don't even define themselves as black in our own reality, so it seems even further unlikely that Storm would.

Funnily enough, there's an episode of the old X-Men 90s cartoon where they go back in time and a guy hassles Storm for the color of her skin. She laughs and says, "How quaint." It's only Wolverine who gets upset that the guy was being racist -- probably because Wolverine survived decades in a reality wherein our version of racial prejudice still existed.
    her father is an African American born in Harlem and her mother is Kenyan. why wouldnt she refer to herself as black?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well We have Green-washing taking place in HOX.

another poster suggested that The Green kid would face even more prejudice for. being. green #ikr Guessing the thought process is that his non 'traditional' human hued skin would allow the metaphor to be applied to an umbrella of different races.
    buuuuut in Hickman's "who's who" of the mutants featured in his upcoming arc there's like 4or 5 untraditional hued people... with Storm and Monet representing different sides of the same token
    well see Hickman... we'll see

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    another poster suggested that The Green kid would face even more prejudice for. being. green #ikr Guessing the thought process is that his non 'traditional' human hued skin would allow the metaphor to be applied to an umbrella of different races.
    buuuuut in Hickman's "who's who" of the mutants featured in his upcoming arc there's like 4or 5 untraditional hued people... with Storm and Monet representing different sides of the same token
    well see Hickman... we'll see
    That's true tho. Jason aaron said green females are constantly sexually harassed in 616. Hickman knows what he's doing.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That's true tho. Jason aaron said green females are constantly sexually harassed in 616. Hickman knows what he's doing.
    The sexualization of green women has dominated human culture since Star Trek TOS.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    BRO-Coli is a boy tho

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    BRO-Coli is a boy tho
    Don't tell General Ross then.
    "Cable was right!"

And just so we're all clear Jean isn't going to eat the broccoli child right? She gave him a weird look in the preview.

I'd hate to lose another already.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Going by solicits saying things will get deadly for Xavier's pupils, all these kids may get killed. To fuel Wolverine.

Tch. No wonder 1 and a half are black. Lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-19-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Weird, I swear that kid was always green. Mandala Effect confirmed in 616.

Isn't it Mandela Effect? Or are you planning to eat the kid too?
    "Cable was right!"

Please no one eat this poor child.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Still can't believe they made the entire panel look paler in a what I can only assume was an attempt to downplay the green-washing, lol.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Still can't believe they made the entire panel look paler in a what I can only assume was an attempt to downplay the green-washing, lol.
    Yep. Bad color job with that. But that's Marvel for ya.