Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    "Yes. Yes. Her Contributions will never be forgotten... now toss her body over there with the others" - Phaage the untouchable
    Kinda funny. kinda sad a this point. I actually did think highly of that character, but... since I really loved Basilisk and Frenzy... I felt the FALL OUT from that should have a way bigger deal.
    But Scott is a made man, and frenzy is not, I guess.
    Well, I think that was the main reason she left Utopia and went with Wolverine to NY. I think it was that or break Emma's neck. Frenzy isn't the type to wear her emotions on her sleeve. She'd rather remove herself from the situation that let it fester and drive her to do or act in a way she may now feel is unbecoming.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Wasn't Synch resurrected zombie? I would like to see the Marvel writers bring back Synch, Neil Sharra(Thunderbird), Sunfire, and Mimic from the Exiles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Umm... huh???
    She's Canadian...

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Actually the term POC is used to send conversations towards oppression of blacks and dismiss an ever growing antisemitism in America, it excludes Jewish people and their history in dealing with oppression

Actually Jews don't see themselves as whites, they see themselves as Jews. And white is pretty much an incorrect term, the appropriate term is Caucasian and Jews don't include themselves in that
    Line them with other White Americans what is distinctly different? This is honest question.
    Last edited by dkrook; 01-31-2018 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Wasn't Synch resurrected zombie? I would like to see the Marvel writers bring back Synch, Neil Sharra(Thunderbird), Sunfire, and Mimic from the Exiles.
    Seriously...there's 2 versions of Beast, Iceman (3), Angel, until recently Cyclops, Jean (time will tell if BloodStorm sticks around) then there's OML, lil Wolvy, Jimmy Hudson, Soon to be a Resurrected Wolverine, not to mention Daken, Laura, Gabby Doug came back, Ariel, Blink
    What's the excuse to not bringing Synch and Skin back?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Seriously...there's 2 versions of Beast, Iceman (3), Angel, until recently Cyclops, Jean (time will tell if BloodStorm sticks around) then there's OML, lil Wolvy, Jimmy Hudson, Soon to be a Resurrected Wolverine, not to mention Daken, Laura, Gabby Doug came back, Ariel, Blink
    What's the excuse to not bringing Synch and Skin back?
    I actually would have liked to see them a few others come back from one of the SW battle world's rather than OML. I think it would have been more interesting rather adding another Wolverine to the mix, all the while making Laura's claim to the name that much more pointless.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Line them with other White Americans what is distinctly different? This is honest question.
    White Americans don't face the same prejudice than Jews, nor were victims of holocaust or other genocidal crimes against them

White Americans don't face the same prejudice than Jews, nor were victims of holocaust or other genocidal crimes against them

Also not all Jews are white passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Also not all Jews are white passing.
    Judaism isn't a skin color or race, it's a religion... Just FYI.
    Guild Member

You can’t tell that from a lineup of people

BANNED

Whether you can tell them apart from a line up or not this thread isn't about white Jewish people. Jews face tremendous discrimination, they have for millennia. Then you go to Israel and they have been discriminating against Beta Israel the entire time. Ethiopian Jews face widespread racist discrimination based on skin color. Besides that the thread isn't about anti semitism. If you want to talk about the racism black Jewish folks face then knock yourself out but this thread is about all people of color and the discrimination they face in the x office. Can we please keep the tangents to a minimum when the pressing issue is being purposively ignored?

We have real pressing issues of discrimination, white washing and deconstruction happening in the x office. Right now kitty, a Jewish woman is leading the X-men and being painted as their only voice. So let's focus on the actual stuff going on in the comics. If you want to make a thread about anti semitism great but this thread isn't about anti semitism, it's about people of color.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 02-01-2018 at 11:54 AM.

BANNED

And more focus on lorna, she's mags daughter after all. It's also sad that iceman Jewish roots have been treated as an afterthought

Minority displacement thread, so Jews = minority
    Go read the first post on this thread and then tell me what this thread is about.

BANNED

I have a real problem with Dani being just a Valkyrie. This piece explains why.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Whether you can tell them apart from a line up or not this thread isn't about white Jewish people. Jews face tremendous discrimination, they have for millennia. Then you go to Israel and they have been discriminating against Beta Israel the entire time. Ethiopian Jews face widespread racist discrimination based on skin color. Besides that the thread isn't about anti semitism. If you want to talk about the racism black Jewish folks face then knock yourself out but this thread is about all people of color and the discrimination they face in the x office. Can we please keep the tangents to a minimum when the pressing issue is being purposively ignored?

We have real pressing issues of discrimination, white washing and deconstruction happening in the x office. Right now kitty, a Jewish woman is leading the X-men and being painted as their only voice. So let's focus on the actual stuff going on in the comics. If you want to make a thread about anti semitism great but this thread isn't about anti semitism, it's about people of color.
    Yes it's just exceptionally convenient that every Jewish person or Jewish related person in the x-books are as white as bed sheets. The X-Men have a problem with darker-skinned non primary colored humanoids.
    We talked about minority displacement we really need to take Jewish people out of the bubble because they're not necessarily displaced in any American Media whatsoever.
    If you want to have a jewish-american character blah blah blah blah blah great, but if we're being intellectually honest, it doesn't seem like they're the people in the Xbox being killed off and essentially not the Crux of this thread at all
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    I have a real problem with Dani being just a Valkyrie. This piece explains why.
    I agree completely hate the Valkyrie non sense that's was grafted of to her. Roll my eyes anything I see it on her or O..