Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Judaism isn't a skin color or race, it's a religion... Just FYI.
    FYI I’m Jewish, thanks very much. And it’s more than a religion.

FINALLY, we are getting some respect on Nezhno's name. Hope he isn't just a token or the "empty, strong guy cliche". Now if we could get Prodigy and Loa (replacing Namor) on Jean's team, I'll be beyond set.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    FINALLY, we are getting some respect on Nezhno's name. Hope he isn't just a token or the "empty, strong guy cliche". Now if we could get Prodigy and Loa (replacing Namor) on Jean's team, I'll be beyond set.
    As much as I like Namor, he seems very out of place here lol. Storm would be best imo but your suggestions aren’t bad either

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    As much as I like Namor, he seems very out of place here lol. Storm would be best imo but your suggestions aren’t bad either
    -Jean Grey
    -Storm (replaces Gambit)
    -Pixie (replaces Kurt)
    -All-New Wolverine
    -Dust
    -Gentle
    -Loa (replaces Namor)
    -Prodigy (man in the chair/replaces Trinary)

Honey Badger, Iceman, Polaris, Gambit, Namor, Emma Frost and Black Panther can all be supporting characters. Red would be significantly more compelling to me if Jean co-lead a team with Storm comprised of the next generation of mutants fighting for their own rights.

-Jean Grey
    -Storm (replaces Gambit)
    -Pixie (replaces Kurt)
    -All-New Wolverine
    -Dust
    -Gentle
    -Loa (replaces Namor)

Honey Badger, Iceman, Polaris, Gambit, Namor, Emma Frost and Black Panther can all be supporting characters. Red would be significantly more compelling to me if Jean co-lead a team with Storm comprised of the next generation of mutants fighting for their own rights.
    It would tank, imo.

The known guys appear to have been very carefully chosen for several reasons -- popularity (you have the top runners on solo sales, aside from a male Wolverine or Magneto), the era they represent and I think another poster might be onto something in that they're all damaged or broken or healing in some way.

Laura already stands in for her generation, so tossing in four more characters from that would just be another young mutant book. (I believe I read that Marvel is looking to do that with Iceman.)

Trinary is a complete unknown, so I'm reserving judgement on her, and hoping she'll be developed. I could see Honey Badger being replaced, but I'm guessing the dynamic he's going for with her is a kind of innocence in attitude, maybe.

They're in Atlantis, thus Namor showing up.

I do agree that Storm should eventually show up in this title as a guest or regular supporting -- maybe their contact for the surface world -- and I think Cecelia Reyes or Forge would be strong choices for someone that stays at the base.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 02-01-2018 at 09:35 PM.

-Jean Grey
    -Storm (replaces Gambit)
    -Pixie (replaces Kurt)
    -All-New Wolverine
    -Dust
    -Gentle
    -Loa (replaces Namor)

So basically you want this to be New X-men with Jean and Storm serving as the mentors/leaders. No thank you

-Jean Grey
    -Storm (replaces Gambit)
    -Pixie (replaces Kurt)
    -All-New Wolverine
    -Dust
    -Gentle
    -Loa (replaces Namor)

I'd rather have this be another book called Xmen Legacy
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

-Jean Grey
    -Storm (replaces Gambit)
    -Pixie (replaces Kurt)
    -All-New Wolverine
    -Dust
    -Gentle
    -Loa (replaces Namor)

Maybe replace Gentle with Indra to keep the Indian/South Asian representation that will be lost by removing Trinary. Though I guess the case can be made that Trinary is the better representation (at least visually) as she has the skin color of real life minorities.

Astonishing Member

Red's line up is kinda random, but at least give it an arc before you want to replace everyone.

#savebishop- bring back bishop as a regular. He was already a new character that caught on, was part of the main team and had some good selling solos. Bringing him back (yes I know he's in Astonishing but that temporary) That's 'simple' easy fix that could definitely help representation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    FYI I’m Jewish, thanks very much. And it’s more than a religion.
    Yes, it's an ethnic heritage.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Yes, it's an ethnic heritage.
    i thought your thread was about POC, not ethnoreligious groups. Did i miss something?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    i thought your thread was about POC, not ethnoreligious groups. Did i miss something?
    It is. Acknowledging one heritage doesn't take away from what this thread is about. As long as we focus on the experiences of poc, their exposure, the prejudice they face in the X-office we're good.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    It is. Acknowledging one heritage doesn't take away from what this thread is about. As long as we focus on the experiences of poc, their exposure, the prejudice they face in the X-office we're good.

and there you have it!!! with prevalent Jewish characters such as magneto (who has been featured heavily in the films) and kitty who is now the savior of the 616 xmen it would be kinda hard to argue the xoffices are being prejudiced towarda jewish characters.. but agreed acknowlegment is fine as long as it doesn't take away from the points you mentioned. the xoffices have a long way to go in terms of better treatment of their POC characters.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Red's line up is kinda random, but at least give it an arc before you want to replace everyone.

#savebishop- bring back bishop as a regular. He was already a new character that caught on, was part of the main team and had some good selling solos. Bringing him back (yes I know he's in Astonishing but that temporary) That's 'simple' easy fix that could definitely help representation.
    Agree. I think he did as well as he did because he's an adult character, verses a teen. He'd be much easier to place and make relevant again.

YES the X-offices do have a long way to go with their 'treatment' of characters in general and especially in regards to their 'treatment' of POC characters and individuals bracketed into representing any group of people. An individual is diverse. Making a character's ethnicity, sexual orientation and/or as in the case of Legion, psychological state of being the primary 'quest' or 'struggle' of their being is damaging, counterproductive, dull, calloused and typical.

It's long overdue that being a mutant or X-Man doesn't mean being 'this' kind of societal outcast. It has come all the way around to the point where this very sort of conceptualization of the 'mutant' concept has already broken free of such simplistic and status quo enforcing modes of perception. The whole is the self and the self is never fixed or warehoused as a concept that can be appropriated like a commodity or fetish.

In many ways the fissures, in-fights, civil wars, schisms etc...that have become the 'group' identity are telling of a spiritual struggle with the X-books themselves to come together with the momentum generated from decades of strong becoming and break the old molds in order to become something greater and more sustaining and true to the many of us all: as 'we are' is 'the many' of ourselves - each unique in and of ourselves and each aspect of ourselves unique and dynamic. Isn't this 'unknown' the X gene...this which we share...this unbridgeable separation that serves the very potential to bridge!? And isn't to bridge the impossible...to mutate...to alter...and to fight against perceptions like hate, sympathy, fear, force and containment...?
    Last edited by sungila; 02-02-2018 at 05:04 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote