Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Please stop posting in this thread when you are trying to take it off topic. It's not about skin lightening or your desire to have a Filipino character or about religion. This thread is about non white characters being ignored killed off and written into limbo. This thread isn't for your warped views on racist ideology or a celebration of your colonialist heritage. Stop trolling
    Lol...come on what's the fun without going up against possible agents. This is a microcosm of America itself they can talk about having a race problem, but they don't want to TALK about a race problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    No sure how folks are misinterpreting this.

Given how wonderfully diverse the X-Line was by the early 1990's, and the fact that most of the mutants that fell off the map, or found themselves wearing red shirts were POC since then should be a blatant eye-sore.
    Yes, if you happen to somebody that's woke, of I'm sure we can count the amount woke people on x-books on no hands!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol...come on what's the fun without going up against possible agents. This is a microcosm of America itself they can talk about having a race problem, but they don't want to TALK about a race problem.
    The problem is this is a global problem that black people around the world face as evidenced by a citizen of the Philippines feeling like they ever had a point, while promoting white supremacy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yes, if you happen to somebody that's woke, of I'm sure we can count the amount woke people on x-books on no hands!
    If that's true, why do post here?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Just seems Guggenheim doesn't care for Storm. I forget, but isn't Storm supposed to be a omega level mutant? If so, you wouldn't know it from her treatment as a jobber. Fellow jobbed-out Creed could probably defeat her the way she is now. But more than power, it just sucks when characterization is bad. At least keep the character's personality traits and not just strip them down to a cardboard cut-out.

I think the Storm solo is still happening. Lets hope that gives her back some dignity. And lets also hope Guggenheim will never get her back after this book.
    And this is why i have so much frustration with how she is presented in the comics and wish her powerset would be explored (much like Coates is doing in BP). and agreed to everything you said. death would honestly be better for the character than the crap he has written.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    And this is why i have so much frustration with how she is presented in the comics and wish her powerset would be explored (much like Coates is doing in BP). and agreed to everything you said. death would honestly be better for the character than the crap he has written.
    I prefer limbo, death is too much.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

^
    I guess limbo is better. The character isn't around to be treated like crap, and they can be brought back & done justice by a competent writer who understands & likes them. And you don't have to come up with a story, or have the elephant in the room for why they're not dead. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    ^
    I guess limbo is better. The character isn't around to be treated like crap, and they can be brought back & done justice by a competent writer who understands & likes them. And you don't have to come up with a story, or have the elephant in the room for why they're not dead. lol
    It makes more sense and less effort. Scott will probably stay dead for a hot minute, Jean was dead for 15 years.

Reading some back issues of Gen X. In a perfect world, Synch and Monet would have been an A-List power couple by now, leading the X-Men into exciting new possibilites.

Instead we still getting same old white people drama which is reductive and just going through the motions at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Reading some back issues of Gen X. In a perfect world, Synch and Monet would have been an A-List power couple by now, leading the X-Men into exciting new possibilites.

Instead we still getting same old white people drama which is reductive and just going through the motions at this point.
    but we got different white people leading the teams now with Jean, Polaris and Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Mmmmm. That would have been nice!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but we got different white people leading the teams now with Jean, Polaris and Kitty
    Kitty is Jewish and polaris is half Jewish, only Jean is Caucasian

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Kitty is Jewish and polaris is half Jewish, only Jean is Caucasian
    I said what I said

Astonishing Member

Jews are Caucasians.
    The term Caucasian comes from the typical skulls of people of the Caucasus like Armenians or Georgians, who arent that different or far away from Jews.
    Jews may not be white according to the American definition of white, white is a concept that changes depending of the country.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I said what I said
    So did I, Jews are part of a minority in America