Page 28 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

I've always viewed Judaism as a combination of nationality/culture/religion. There are Jews in parts of Africa (east, west and south) India, America and Israel (I'm sure there are more but thats just off the top of my head.) I've never thought of Jews as a race

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Jews are Caucasians.
    The term Caucasian comes from the typical skulls of people of the Caucasus like Armenians or Georgians, who arent that different or far away from Jews.
    Jews may not be white according to the American definition of white, white is a concept that changes depending of the country.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leoseek View Post
    I've always viewed Judaism as a combination of nationality/culture/religion. There are Jews in parts of Africa (east, west and south) India, America and Israel (I'm sure there are more but thats just off the top of my head.) I've never thought of Jews as a race
    I never thought of them as a race either, and most of them don't see themselves as white because white don't see them as white

BANNED

Being Jewish has nothing to do with this thread unless we are talking about the non White Jewish characters. Right there aren't any. Let's get back to what this thread is about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    So did I, Jews are part of a minority in America
    And have nothing to do with this thread. Create another thread for them if you so choose but this thread is about POC.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but we got different white people leading the teams now with Jean, Polaris and Kitty
    Jeen, Jean, Polaris (temp), Illyana (temp), Kitty.

Not sure who's the fraud running Weapon X though.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

That's Mary Sue Logan's team. Old Man Logan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Reading some back issues of Gen X. In a perfect world, Synch and Monet would have been an A-List power couple by now, leading the X-Men into exciting new possibilites.

Instead we still getting same old white people drama which is reductive and just going through the motions at this point.
    That's what I thought....way back when.

I was wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Honor our goddess of truth Maat.
    My apologies. I stand corrected. Gret Goddess Ma'at bless us all with enlightenment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    So Storm was unconscious again, let's discuss.
    This writer is truly terrified of the greatness in the power lies within Storm. And I'm not just talking about her mutant or divine power. The power she represents as the personification of black girl magic dating back to the dawn of humanity in 616 MU. There is something about Storm's status that truly bothers this man. He's very reminiscent of Bryan Singer in that way. These men are really in fear of her greatness and it's abundantly clear. Cowardice belies their faint praise and lackluster portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

I forgot about Illyana and teen Jean and ha only makes things look worse

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    So did I, Jews are part of a minority in America
    They may be part of a religious minority but they still fall under white when it comes to race. You will never convince me that Kitty and Polaris are not white characters. You are deflecting any way as that had nothing to do with my original post and what I responded to
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-08-2018 at 12:19 PM.

They may be part of a religious minority but they still fall under white when it comes to race. You will never convince me that Kitty and Polaris are not white characters. You are deflecting any way as that had nothing to do with my original post and what I responded to
    Do you realize that not all Jews are Ashkenazi (meaning of European descent?) There’s also Mizrahi, Sephardi, etc. the side of my family that’s Jewish are Sephardi and I doubt anybody would think they’re white just by looking at them.

I will grant you this, the Jewish characters in comics all seem to be Ashkenazi. But to sit there and say “All Jews are white” is ignorant.

I think Jewish people get pretty good representation in comics right now thanks to characters like Kitty Pryde, Magneto, etc getting a lot of face time. So, yeah, not really on topic for the purposes of this thread and I don’t know why it keeps coming up.
    Last edited by Beaubier; 02-08-2018 at 12:34 PM.

BANNED

The Jewish X-men are white and have nothing to do with this thread.

Extraordinary Member

I am smelling a thread drift here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Do you realize that not all Jews are Ashkenazi (meaning of European descent?) There’s also Mizrahi, Sephardi, etc. the side of my family that’s Jewish are Sephardi and I doubt anybody would think they’re white just by looking at them.

I will grant you this, the Jewish characters in comics all seem to be Ashkenazi. But to sit there and say “All Jews are white” is ignorant.

I think Jewish people get pretty good representation in comics right now thanks to characters like Kitty Pryde, Magneto, etc getting a lot of face time. So, yeah, not really on topic for the purposes of this thread and I don’t know why it keeps coming up.
    Im referring to two specific characters and as you acknowledge, most comic ones (which they are) fall under Ashkenazi

BANNED

Unless these Jews develop some melanin let's keep it moving.