Page 30 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    The xmen started with white people. But the popularity and success started with giant-sized xmen #1 and the xmen became a legendary team in the 90s.

I
    I agree with most of your post ...but the Xmen started with the mistrust of the majority being replaced/subservient to minorities
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

The xmen started with white people. But the popularity and success started with giant-sized xmen #1 and the xmen became a legendary team in the 90s.

I want Bishop to lead a team. Perhaps an xforce team, instead of always making Cable the leader of that team.
    For once you had a good idea.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I want Bishop to lead a team. Perhaps an xforce team, instead of always making Cable the leader of that team.
    I think Bishop leading an X-Men team following his last major arc, sadly is still Messiah Complex/ Cable, would be as misplaced as Kitty returning to lead the X-Men after ditching them for a space adventure with her lover while her friends and species died back on earth just to return and replaced a functional, proper leader in Storm (victim of a bad story with bad writing). He's been back a while since Uncanny X-Force, but he hasnt had that "redemption" arc yet. IMO, being possessed or twisted or whatever, he hasn't earned back the trust of the people around him for them to put their lives in his hands, which is essentially what they'd be doing by following his lead. I think he'd be better served on a team where this is explored as a subplot (thats like a curse word these days). Perhaps 15 issues (LOL) in of it actually being addressed, perhaps with a single member as his confidant, Bishop is then presented with or forced into the role of "leader" or at least "the last man standing" at which point he's faced with his fighting his demons and coming to terms with the man he was and who he is now. ON PANEL. Not just "we find him studying in a library in self-inflected banishment". In short, I dont think he's there yet. But he can be with actual work.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 02-11-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I think Bishop leading an X-Men team following his last major arc, sadly is still Messiah Complex/ Cable, would be as misplaced as Kitty returning to lead the X-Men after ditching them for a space adventure with her lover while her friends and species died back on earth just to return and replaced a functional, proper leader in Storm (victim of a bad story with bad writing). He's been back a while since Uncanny X-Force, but he hasnt had that "redemption" arc yet. IMO, being possessed or twisted or whatever, he hasn't earned back the trust of the people around him for them to put their lives in his hands, which is essentially what they'd be doing by following his lead. I think he'd be better surved on a team where this is explored as a subplot (thats like a curse word these days). Perhaps 15 issues (LOL) in of it actually being addressed, perhaps with a single member as his confidant, Bishop is then presented with or forced into the role of "leader" or at least "the last man standing" at which point he's faced with his fighting his demons and coming to terms with the man he was and who he is now. ON PANEL. Not just "we find him studying in a library in self-inflected banishment". In short, I dont think he's there yet. But he can be with actual work.
    I sort of agree. They need to retcon his time in messiah complex. They did with alcohol Tony and a host of other people. Bishop needs the same treatment.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    I sort of agree. They need to retcon his time in messiah complex. They did with alcohol Tony and a host of other people. Bishop needs the same treatment.
    Well, that's just a lazy workaround that would further the trend of sweeping characters and their aspects under a rug to serve a narrative (story over continuity). The bad story happened, I'd rather it'd be worked out properly than ignored. It makes the character shallow otherwise and turns the books into a collection of illconceived short-stories... There's nothing wrong with character development. Retcons are just shortcuts and tells readers one of two things; we don't care enough to stick around for a proper story to fix a bad one or we're too dumb to notice that they just changed the history of a character. The Tony-thing was more of corporate thing. Just how Marvel/Disney will NEVER bring up what happened between Janet and Hank Pym... or even the later half of Ultimate Marvel.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member

Just say evil bishop was a mummundrai (or whatever they're called.) it's a bit lazy, but the original story was lazy and stupid, so this is still better.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I am smelling a thread drift here.
    ...yes, but of course, in so many ways the mess of this thread is the mess of this itself. It is as it is, talks like it talks, smells like it smells...so it's good to see, hear and smell it I think...but...agh.

Thanks for the keen senses Anthony Shaw, because, honestly I was beginning to think it was just me I was smelling and it IS just me but not just me...it's also us.

meanwhile right here and now there is displacement happening...nothing in this melting pot melts...it's just uncomfortable for everybody...like, um, Inferno...and those 90's uniforms!
    Last edited by sungila; 02-11-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    ...yes, but of course, in so many ways the mess of this thread is the mess of this itself. It is as it is, talks like it talks, smells like it smells...so it's good to see, hear and smell it I think...but...agh.

Thanks for the keen senses Anthony Shaw, because, honestly I was beginning to think it was just me I was smelling and it IS just me but not just me...it's also us.

meanwhile right here and now there is displacement happening...nothing in this melting pot melts...it's just uncomfortable for everybody...like, um, Inferno...and those 90's uniforms!
    It must reek of confusion cause...huh?
    Last edited by BroHomo; 02-11-2018 at 08:38 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Looks like colorists are getting lax with Sunspot's skin color again.....

I know this isn't the X-Office but I felt it was something that had to be discussed. Especially with Bobby being a mutant and having a huge history of being whitewashed with the X-Editorial crew.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post

this comment almost gave me a stroke

Why does Sunspot have Rogue streaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Short answer: M-Pox.

Long answer:

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nothing says Leadership material than highlights!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

I know this isn't the X-Office but I felt it was something that had to be discussed. Especially with Bobby being a mutant and having a huge history of being whitewashed with the X-Editorial crew.

It's especially confusing given the 'diverse' team of Avengers Bobby has built around himself.
    I hope Falcon is prepared for whatever "feeling" Rulk is about to unleash lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Just sad that Sunspot & Monet will forever be in flux. Some creative teams, and fans just do not want those 2 to be black / brown.

I recently wrote to Marvel to complain about the use / directional ruts some of the characters have fallen into. But I brought up how Monet was clearly black (or brown Arab for some) when she first came on the scene, and how her coloring should remain consistently brown, rather than having her bouncing from brown to white constantly.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-11-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Astonishing Member

this may be a controversial opinion, but in terms of personality and intellect, Ewing's Sunspot is pretty much an original character that doesnt have much in common with classic Sunspot.

Short answer: M-Pox.

Long answer:

Has it been mentioned post IvX? Has he been cured?