Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

You are overexxagerating. I don't think marvel is anti asian just not as able to move forward that well.

Dc and marvel are more about nostalgia than progress so dont get your hopes up.

Marvel has tried with silk and ms marvel and a few others so its not completely hopeless.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-15-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Should've been more diverse. Why aren't there any A lister Asian in X books, huh? (Betsy is White female B/C Lister)
    idk why mods removed my thread about Asians and Marvel. as I wrote in the deleted post
    the fact that you don't know why your thread was removed is kinda worrying, even if there wasn't already a minority thread, the toxic posts from other posters were enough to warrant deletion.

Should've been more diverse. Why aren't there any A lister Asian in X books, huh? (Betsy is White female B/C Lister)
    I agree with wholeheartedly man. Asian males def need a stronger presence in the Xverse. buuut to play devil's advocate they're still doing getter than AA makes. So far Sunfire, Red Lotus, Thunderbird III have all been on/featured on a main XTeam
    Hope had Kenji
    Team Cyclops had Hijack
    Gen X has Hindsight
    There's Been ONE. AA male on an XTeam and that was Triage in 2013

agree.

Marvel puts out female-lead books but POCs still underrepresented, particularly Asians.
    Just curious on what happened to all the Asian males in the MU? was there an event that wiped them out, leaving just those wanting to be sidekicks?
    Diversity does not only include Whites Blacks, LGBT right?
    Nice to see Black people getting the spotlight in Hollywood cinema, especially in a marvel franchise. To bad many others such as Asians or Hispanics aren’t getting like any spotlight at all though.
    it would be really awesome if Marvel made more Asian (Korean, Chinese or Japanese) male superheroes (or just more Asians in general).
    Hollywood needs to stop whitewashing movies, and stop giving the “nerdy extra” parts only to Asians. Have yet to see marvel or big movies casting Asians as the main characters smh.
    Always replacing Asians with White people and/or brown-facing to look Indian.
    There are plenty of Asian actors who could fulfill the roles, but ofcourse, Hollywood has no interest in looking for one.
    It's so outdated + offensive. You think in 2018 they'll have it together but nope.
    When are Asians and Latinos getting their Marvel Super Hero comic book/movie?
    Does Marvel's definition of diversity only include Blacks, gays and females?
    Simply feel Asian, Latino males and females are being overlooked.

Is anti-asian racial prejudice really that strong in Marvel? or am I tripping?
    I don't see how any of this had to do with the X-Men
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    There's Been ONE. AA male on an XTeam and that was Triage in 2013
    Prodigy and Synch were both African American and were on offshoot X-teams.
    Gentle is Wakandan and is currently on Jean's team.
    Maggott was South African and was an X-man.

Sunspot is half-Black. Or at least he was originally intended to be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Sunspot is still half black. It is impossible to retcon away his 80s comics.
    I have always liked Jesse Bedlam, most people remember him for his Age of Apocalypse version. He died with Skin crucified (the 2 characters who died were non white males)

Alpha Flight has some black mutant characters in Limbo.
    Windshear was depowered in M-Day and has Leukemia too

And the Dean sisters, Goblyn and Pathway, have been in limbo since the mid 90s, it was never confirmed if they were depowered.

BANNED

I need to see real representation of Nehzno within the X-verse. This is a must! Wakanda forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

I meant on any team with Xmen-named team. Acadeny X, Gen X, X Force, XFactor don't count
    Gentle, sunspot, Maggot are African-American
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Yes, I love it!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I know the thread has died down, but just posting this.

Provided he's not joking, Pak says he's working on new projects with Asian leads.
    https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/968694813511077893

TBH I thought this thread got d*l*t*d or something lmao. I hope Pak brings that diverse heat to the X-Office. Cause so far, "Marvel: Fresh Start" looks disappointing and embarrassing to look at.

Be cool.if it's X-Men related
    GrindrStone(D)

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    TBH I thought this thread got d*l*t*d or something lmao. I hope Pak brings that diverse heat to the X-Office. Cause so far, "Marvel: Fresh Start" looks disappointing and embarrassing to look at.
    Yes, the obligatory Reboot, Public Relations tour, with minimal surface changes, nothing substantial or revolutionary backing up the "change in direction" as we are about to hit the year 2020.
    These comics really do not reflect the reality surrounding us.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I know the thread has died down, but just posting this.

Provided he's not joking, Pak says he's working on new projects with Asian leads.
    https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/968694813511077893
    Thats awesome news!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Asian leads...? You see, that there? Thats what we call a "gimmick". Instead of pigeonholing, why not just make a book with A Asian lead and build from there? Actually build. Everyone in the darn book doesnt have to be "______". Asian, black, gay, women or otherwise. Bad @#@$@$@ decisions and horrid, completely out of touch ideas.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member

If Alpha Flight ever returns they should have some Asian member, it may not have been the case when the book was created by Byrne, but I think now Canada has a pretty big Asian minority.