Page 41 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    You don't seem to grasp the concept between race and minority. You're equating them and quietly largely all you're saying is that any POC is black in a comic book and yet you'll still pick apart what's wrong with them and what the artist & writer isn't doing right.

Be honest. You don't want diversity you just want to be right which is worse because you're just pretending to be offended to get attention and could care less how minorities are depicted in comics.

40 pages of the same hypocritical bulls**t.
    No one is saying that lol.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    No one is saying that lol.
    Agreed. I can't recall anyone saying that. Rogue looks brown sometimes, but I don't think she's black. lol

However, Monet & Sunspot, I do believe are. Supposedly Scott Lobdell said Monet was. And I am gonna check the letters pages to see if he mentioned it there.

But on the flip, it seems some don't want any POC to be black, and will try to use nationality or Ethnicity to say they aren't.

Some even saying that Bishop is not black for crying out loud.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-26-2018 at 01:03 PM.

You don't seem to grasp the concept between race and minority. You're equating them and quietly largely all you're saying is that any POC is black in a comic book and yet you'll still pick apart what's wrong with them and what the artist & writer isn't doing right.

Be honest. You don't want diversity you just want to be right which is worse because you're just pretending to be offended to get attention and could care less how minorities are depicted in comics.
    lol
    If we were all being honest in this thread I a few less people would have to repeat themselves.
    Lol
    40 pages of the same hypocritical bulls**t.
    lol what's really bullsh!t is my inability to figure out if you're seriously not getting it or purposefully tryna be the Iggy Azalea of X-Fans
    Sometimes I feel being from waaaaaay LowerAlabama I have higher expectations for people who are from elsewhere only to have them dashed :/
    lol

I'd very much like to see you go to the Bronx and tell someone Puerto Rican what they are and what they aren't. LOL that's an Instavideo I'd like to see
    yeah and they'd tell you being pueto rican is not a race. plenty of afro boricua exist and self identify as afro latin like princess nokia, lala anthony, carmelo anthony, irene cara, aideliz hidalgo, kevin gates, juano hernandez, young ma, tato laviera, alfred lee, sonia manzano, syesha mercado, don omar, naya rivera, zoe saldana and etc

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Nitpicking about one character's colorism issue is ridiculous in consideration of the bigger picture here. X-office is savage in the way they are muting or just plain cutting out mutants that happen to be persons of color especially males. This argument only serves to camouflage the complete apathy to non- white characters.
    but colourism goes hand in hand with lack of representation?

There are literally 30 some years between that first scan and those photos...so where are all the other images of from all the other books? What source material is Fox/Marvel using?

What gets me is that you're willing to use those really old pages, but not willing to see how blatantly racist and stereotypical characters were portrayed by white male writers. But yet you're USING that as how someone should be portrayed. It's staggering!
    The mental gymnastics you're doing right now....... Roberta Da Costa was created by his creator as being afro latinx and that's integral to his identity and origin of his powers. A character of colour being written with racial stereotype doesn't erase their ethnicity/race and it sure doesn't mean it can't be improved on. Yeah berto was written as being hotheaded but that wasn't the only aspect of his personality. He also has a heart of gold, witty and is extremely loyal. Roberto is also one of the few latin character of colour in comics who isn't from "the ghetto" or slums.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    The mental gymnastics you're doing right now....... Roberta Da Costa was created by his creator as being afro latinx and that's integral to his identity and origin of his powers. A character of colour being written with racial stereotype doesn't erase their ethnicity/race and it sure doesn't mean it can't be improved on. Yeah berto was written as being hotheaded but that wasn't the only aspect of his personality. He also has a heart of gold, witty and is extremely loyal. Roberto is also one of the few latin character of colour in comics who isn't from "the ghetto" or slums.
    On some Simone Biles level
    Last edited by BroHomo; 06-26-2018 at 08:02 PM.

BANNED

yeah and they'd tell you being pueto rican is not a race. plenty of afro boricua exist and self identify as afro latin like princess nokia, lala anthony, carmelo anthony, irene cara, aideliz hidalgo, kevin gates, juano hernandez, young ma, tato laviera, alfred lee, sonia manzano, syesha mercado, don omar, naya rivera, zoe saldana and etc
    Never said it was. This is a thread about minorities I'm not the one making it about skin color. Other people are using how a character is colored to identify which minority or race that character belongs to which is superficial and doesn't necessarily identify which minority group they belong.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez just won the democratic nomination in New York for her Congressional district. She's a minority and she's Puerto Rican.
    The thread is about minorities, not just skin color.

The mental gymnastics you're doing right now.......
    If you can't differentiate between what's on the page and what's in your head cannon I can't help you. Or the ability to know the difference between race and minority.

The fact that all ya'll want to do is argue rather than brain storm solutions says a lot about how much you really don't give a shit.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Never said it was. This is a thread about minorities I'm not the one making it about skin color. Other people are using how a character is colored to identify which minority or race that character belongs to which is superficial and doesn't necessarily identify which minority group they belong.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez just won the democratic nomination in New York for her Congressional district. She's a minority and she's Puerto Rican.
    The thread is about minorities, not just skin color.

If you can't differentiate between what's on the page and what's in your head cannon I can't help you. Or the ability to know the difference between race and minority.

The fact that all ya'll want to do is argue rather than brain storm solutions says a lot about how much you really don't give a shit.
    I'm really not trying to be rude but do you even know what you arguing about? Why do you have issue with people pointing out Celicia is Black when that is absolutely correct?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Cecilia is supposed to be as dark as Storm

She is undeniably an afro-Latina

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

please continue to douse ignorance with unadulterated facts!

thank you
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Smh. I don't even know what to say anymore. Why are we not allowed to discuss skin color in a thread about minorities?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Her hair also makes it pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Smh. I don't even know what to say anymore. Why are we not allowed to discuss skin color in a thread about minorities?
    I would just ignore anyone making that arguement that skin color cannot be discussed here. that is simply foolish.

I'm....not understanding the argument, either. Is WQEF (white queen yaddayadda) trying to say that Cecilia isn't black? Are we gonna have to start fighting trolls saying Bling! or Frenzy aren't black too?

The deep-seeded antiblackness & vile ignorance jumped out.