Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    whyyyyy???
    when we cant even get 2 black.... Asian.. Etc X-Men to date/live
    makes more sense than Sabertooth and M
    I respect your opinion. But I disagree and still ship Cronet. If they were to set sail and become toxic, then sure. Abandon ship. Fast.

In any case, it's unknown if it'll even survive Pak. Creed's inversion is probably history in issue 27.

But they're still my OTP for now, with a pretty good following that I see on other sites. Besides him & Synch, Monet has dated nobody I liked. Creed had good love interests that I liked, but they're dead. Leaving only one woman he keeps getting thrown to, which I am sick of. Along with her entire character, for that matter.

Far as things go, I haven't cared for Domino's characterization the past two years. So she & Warpath are tainted by that, for me. Plus the fact Warpath has annoyed the piss out of me in WX. I think they can work great if they're written less obnoxiously.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-25-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I respect your opinion. But I disagree and still ship Cronet. If they were to set sail and become toxic, then sure. Abandon ship. Fast.

In any case, it's unknown if it'll even survive Pak. Creed's inversion is probably history in issue 27.

But they're still my OTP for now, with a pretty good following that I see on other sites. Besides him & Synch, Monet has dated nobody I liked. Creed had good love interests that I liked, but they're dead. Leaving only one woman he keeps getting thrown to, which I am sick of. Along with her entire character, for that matter.

Far as things go, I haven't cared for Domino's characterization the past two years. So she & Warpath are tainted by that, for me. Plus the fact Warpath has annoyed the piss out of me in WX. I think they can work great if they're written less obnoxiously.
    Eh, It makes sense to be involved with someone who hasn't killed you/your friends it makes less sense you want to start a relationship with someone who's partcipated in more than one genocide

Eh, It makes sense to be involved with someone who hasn't killed you/your friends it makes less sense you want to start a relationship with someone who's partcipated in more than one genocide
    1. No different than Buffy's 2 major loves, who've both murdered more people than Sabretooth.
    2/ Or Xander with Anya, who's murdered more people than everyone.
    3. Sesshoumaru was a casual murderer, committed genocide, and had deep & prejudice toward humanity before meeting Rin. Doesn't lessen his morale.
    4. Wolverine has murdered numerous people, but nobody's slapping his wrist for it.
    5. Mystique is a serial killer & rapist, who just had a one-shot dedicated to the fact she's a sociopath who screws people over & murders just for the Hell of it. Yet people still call her an anti-hero & want Destiny back for her -who could arguably do better.
    6. Daken, same as above, a serial killer & rapist whom people were shipping with Iceman not long ago.

Speaking as a fan, to me, it makes no sense to ship characters that never interacted & aren't guaranteed the imagined wonderful dynamic fans gush over (M x Sunspot). But I don't judge or argue over people shipping that. I see no issues with it. It's just not for me.

Far as things go, plenty of pairings don't make sense. The only thing that varies is how fans respond. Some love the dynamic & think it works. Others think it's completely ridiculous and see nothing but the flaws in it. Spuffy is iconic in status, and I hate the Hell out of that pairing. Because Spike was still evil when Buffy started hooking up with him, it was an abusive + toxic mess, and imo, it destroyed Buffy's character. Contrary to her with Angel, who was repentant & good when Buffy started seeing him. If she'd hooked up with Angelus, I would've had a problem. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-25-2018 at 11:47 PM.

1. No different than Buffy's 2 major loves, who've both murdered more people than Sabretooth.
    2/ Or Xander with Anya, who's murdered more people than everyone.
    3. Sesshoumaru was a casual murdered & prejudice toward humanity before meeting Rin. Doesn't lessen his morale with other characters or fans.
    4. Wolverine has murdered numerous people, but nobody's slapping his wrist for it.
    5. Mystique is a serial killer & rapist, who just had a one-shot dedicated to the fact she's a sociopath who screws people over & murders just for the Hell of it. Yet people still want Destiny back for her -who could arguably do better.
    1. None of
    2.These people Are
    3. Warpath and Domino
    4.Or Sabretooth and M
    Speaking as a fan, to me, it makes less sense to ship characters that never interacted & aren't guaranteed the imagined wonderful dynamic fans gush over (M x Sunspot). But I don't judge or argue over people shipping that.
    As a fan makes more sense to ship those on the same side of the law, within the same generation, How many times gabe and Creed interact with each other??? Half their dialogue in GenNext is Creed threatening to eat or wishing to eat her lil sister's
    FACTS
    THE fact Bobby and M have yet to meet is another example of the eurocentric vision the X-Men has

1. None of
    2.These people Are
    3. Warpath and Domino
    4.Or Sabretooth and M
    But the point still stands. Sabretooth & M are not some kind of unheard of situation. They make as much sense as any other pairing in fiction where it's been a former killer or villain with a hero or anti-hero.

My initial point of Domino & Warpath was to show how a lot of pairings in Marvel start now. There's not oodles of time spent on building them up and showing tons are earth shattering moments. They'll be enough clues to show the attraction -if even that, then they'll hook up. But dragging it out isn't done much. It's like Iceman x Pyro.

I never dissed Domino x Warpath as a couple. But because you know I happen to ship Creed x Monet, you decided to throw down the gauntlet for a pairing war which I didn't start. I never said Cronet was better than Domino x Warpath. So I don't see what the argument is, other than you just hate that some like Cronet. I don't get how people like Spuffy, but I don't constantly argue with Spuffy shippers bout how I feel Spike ruined her character.

I mentioned Domino x Warpath as an example of modern Marvel couples. And your stance was

"Nah nah nah, it's better than Creed x Monet."

Did I ever make a comparison that one was better or worse than the other? Or that one was more logical? I don't think I did. So why has the argument started?

I know you HATE the idea of the ship. You know I like the idea of the ship. We'd have to agree to disagree. My opinion is still the same on M-Spot. Which is, they have no relationship or dynamic, so I am indifferent to until they do.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-26-2018 at 01:10 AM.

But the point still stands. Sabretooth & M are not some kind of unheard of situation. They make as much sense as any other pairing in Marvel.
    So I literally can name couples who have not tried to kill each other as proof How common War+Doms are. If I did I gurantee they'd be more than the ones you could name. Lol
    MY intitial point of Domino & Warpath was to show how a lot of pairings in Marvel start now. There's not oodles of time spent on building them up and showing tons are earth shattering moments.
    Sabre and M would have worked
    I never dissed Domino x Warpath as a couple. But because you know I happen to ship Creed x Monet, you decided to throw down the gauntlet for a pairing war which I didn't start.
    I wasn't trying to REALLY harass you. But dam. It I'm sick Andi want to challenge you to make me think how M and Creed would realistically work out
    Lol ....you really don't have to
    We've had the Cronet argument before. And nobody's mind has changed. Same with the arguments on Monet's race with other posters. After a while the debate is pointless when no side plans to relent.
    Whoa!Whoa! I don't think of you in that way

So I literally can name couples who have not tried to kill each other as proof How common War+Doms are. If I did I guaranteed they'd be more than the ones you could name. Lol
    Creed x Monet never tried to kill each other. They fought in Limbo when Monet was lost to Emplate. But in that state, she tried to murder Chamber, Husk, and Jubilee too. And Emplate outright noted Sabretooth was pulling his punching in their fight because he didn't want to hurt her, despite him being the weaker one.

There's stable pairings.
    There's troubled / difficult pairings.
    Then there's the toxic pairings.

I put CM in the middle category for now. With other pairings of the same nature.

Sabre and M would have worked
    I don't think they work as an example. To repost from my edit on how I saw that.

Getting back to the original question that sparked my response. Cronet is an example of a failed-to-launch ship because Bunn took too long getting anything established. He hinted at the attraction & recently said it was a torturous love -which implies he was writing them as being in love, rather than just simply attraction. But we never got a development on them. He kept things in tease-mode, then didn't get to sail it. Now they're in Weapon X, and Pak is doing the same thing. He's showing stuff that HINTS they could have romantic feelings for each other. But it's been 4 chapters, and nothing has been delivered. This has been dragged out in two books, and not launched before they kill it in 3 more chapters. Compared to Warpath x Dominoth or even RoguePool who got further in a shorter amount of time, and as such have more of a fanbase & get more noticed because there wasn't a lot of sitting on the toilet & not delivering.
    Domino and Warpath had one tease, which was Cho telling them to kiss later. Then they were snogging it up in chapter 12. Creed & Monet haven;t even held hands in 2 books. Pak & Bunn tease them as a pairing, but it stops there. So despite being a supporter of the teased ship, nothing of real note has happened yet. I could name all the teases. But they never hooked up. It could've been, and was intended to be a pairing. But it's not. Like how Mystique could've been & was intended to be Kurt's father. But that isn't the case anymore -along with a lot of Claremont's ideas. lol

Far as the question for IR couples. I list Creed x Monet as one Bunn was going for, but didn't deliver on.

I wasn't trying to REALLY harass you. But dam. It I'm sick Andi want to challenge you to make me think how M and Creed would realistically work out
    Lol ....you really don't have to
    Honestly, I see it as crack that they'd work. Like if I said they could've gotten married & started a family. I'd be lying. lol But having a difficult relationship like Buffy x Angel had I could see.

I could see the attraction. I can see some similarities with the two. Such as they possess a lot of Bravado & brag on themselves a lot, but they have insecurities & even self-destructive thoughts. Both have suffered traumatic abuse from their family which could bring them closer. In Bunn's run, I think both would've had a dark side to try to fight. And amusing opposites of them is their similar in reverse. Monet comes from wealth & takes much pride in it, but can also fit in on the rougher side of town & brawl with the best of them. I can see her going to elegant parties, or chilling at the rough bar and getting into bar-fights spending on her mood. Creed is opposite. He's born in the Southern lower class spectrum and thrives more in the rough places, but has shown to dress up in suits, drink wine, and live the high-life when he's in the mood. So both are versitile enough to switch things up. They can be Cliff x Claire one minute or Kincaid x Sonya (The Hitman's Bodyguard) the next. lol

But things would not have been perfect. Like Buffy x Angel, the inversion is like Angel's soul. Neither is permanent & that would have strained the relationship if / when he starts to revert. Which we're probably heading for in Weapon X, given the cover for chapter 27. There also would've been difficulties with regards to how people respond & what it does to her status as a member of the X-Men. There was already a similar problem with how she'd justifiy working with the HFC who have been known enemies of the X-Men for years. Then becoming the White Queen at that. Her HFC involvement shows her going down a darker path & leaves her of questionable status. Hell, Psylocke noted that she couldn't trust Monet since she's been linked up with the HFC who who knows how long and hiding it from everyone. Then she mentioned Creed being the most legit teammate she had -compared to Magneto & Monet.

So in the long run, I don't think Monet x Creed would last the test of time of settling down, having a family, and Monet dying of old age with him by her bedside. lol But a relationship with it's difficulties for a while, I could see.

Whoa!Whoa! I don't think of you in that way
    NO hard feelings there. We tend to agree 100% when the racial debates come up. We're just polar opposites on pairing ideas.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-26-2018 at 01:18 AM.

Pak & Bunn are TEASING them as a pairing, but failing & failed to deliver
    Waaaait so what's the romantic stats of Sabre and M? How far has their "teammateship" gone?

NO hard feelings there. We tend to agree 100% when the racial debates come up. We're just polar opposites on pairing ideas.
    Ha I admire your resolve on your X Men knowledge Been sick stuck in bed for 2 days wanted to test it

Waaaait so what's the romantic stats of Sabre and M? How far has their "teammateship" gone?
    Pretty much everything you saw in Bunncanny. The flirtations, Monet ogling Creed and offering to check him out while he lifts heavy stuff, her jealousy at Creed working with Rachel Grey, and them running off together the last issue.

The most we got for the longest was recent tweet from Bunn to a Cronet fan who says that they were a "torturous love."
    (Cronet Confirmation).jpg

Then Monet pops up in Weapon X. The teasing examples we've gotten so far.

1. Deathstrike calls Monet Sabretooth's ex-girlfriend.
    2. When Monet is mind-controlled into following Mentallo's cult, she says she wants to share "the gift" with someone else, and it was Sabretooth, who she lured there -saying that she was saving him.
    3. When she's cured, Sabretooth asks her who's saving who. She says she was gonna thank him, but he makes it hard, then he grins & tells her that he knows she loves him.
    4. He gets shy when he tells her how good it is to see her & Domino thinks it's cute & gushes at them. Then she tells Monet about how nobody believed Creed when he said she was just a friend. Meanwhile Creed is behind her with his hand over his face in annoyed-embarrassment.
    5. Chapter 24 has them finally having a conversation. Creed apologizes for getting her into a worse mess, and Monet tells him not to apologize because it sounds weird. Then Creed apologizes for abandoning her during her curse, saying she was one of the few people to treat him decently & work with him when nobody else trusted him. But when she was in trouble, he wasn't there. Monet says it's not his fault because she was a monster.
    6. Then he wants to tell her something, but gets interrupted by Omega Red. During said scene, that could very well be a giant heart behind them. The bubbles make it hard to tell.
    WX 24 (3).jpg
    7. Some thought the cover for chapter 27 had romantic undertones to it.

But at the same time. Sabretooth told Mystique in chapter 22 that he cares about Monet like the little sister he never had. That may be the case. Or he could've been lying. We don't know. It seems like there's tons of hinting that they have feelings for each other. But all of what I listed could easily be red-herrings or mistaking for romantic by a shipper.

So the idea of romance with them was first teased in Bunncanny in 2015. It's almost 2019, and they still haven't really gone anywhere or had anything definitive shown about their relationship. Neither has confessed anything. They haven't held hands, kissed, or been shown in bed together. Like with the little sister comment. Someone could easily retcon their relationship to a platonic friendship since Bunn didn't do anything too overtly romantic or sexual with them. The most was Monet's ogling incident. And far as confirmation, Bunn's comment states things were romantic. But Bunn also stated that Sabretooth & Mystique weren't on good terms, yet Pak has them working together & flirting with no problems here.

Also, get well soon. One of the most annoying things is being sick & stuck in bed resting it off.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-26-2018 at 02:49 AM.

I wish that there were some adult black male X-Men back in the 1980s. Could have been cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wish that there were some adult black male X-Men back in the 1980s. Could have been cool.
    Make one. What would you have made and when would you have brought them in?

BANNED

The other thing with Monet & Sabertooth is that her first interaction with him was when Emma, Sean, and Sabes were fighting against the Phalanx and the next interaction was Bunn's Uncanny, so she's never been shown to know what he's like other than being heroic. First impressions and all that.

For a book that's about diversity and acceptance they sure do like to segregate.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The other thing with Monet & Sabertooth is that her first interaction with him was when Emma, Sean, and Sabes were fighting against the Phalanx and the next interaction was Bunn's Uncanny, so she's never been shown to know what he's like other than being heroic. First impressions and all that.

For a book that's about diversity and acceptance they sure do like to segregate.
    That was M's sisters during the Phalanx Covenant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    That was M's sisters during the Phalanx Covenant.
    You know GenX never did do a "who the hell are you people" thing with Monet after the reveal. She behaved a lot like she did the entire series. Logically she could've telepathically "caught up" from Claudette and Nicole.

Still then....he treated her sisters well

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    You know GenX never did do a "who the hell are you people" thing with Monet after the reveal. She behaved a lot like she did the entire series. Logically she could've telepathically "caught up" from Claudette and Nicole.

Still then....he treated her sisters well
    Yeah. He did make that comment about eating them. But Hell, Creed is just like that. The heroic AoA version joked about killing Betsy twice, with Morph telling her that's just how he is. Didn't stop her from sleeping with him.