Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Have to say, I had absolutely no idea Blink is Afro-Jamaican until that Exiles series.
    Uhmm not every island in the Caribbean is Jamaica , Blink is from the Cartusia, Bahamas. She is Bahamian.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Uhmm not every island in the Caribbean is Jamaica , Blink is from the Cartusia, Bahamas. She is Bahamian.
    Ha, memory failure.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the xoffices yet continue undercut all the unique attributes Claremont gave to Marvels premiere female character of color in the marvelous issue today. none of the none-black characters seemed to experience this. wake me when this age of x event is over.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the xoffices yet continue undercut all the unique attributes Claremont gave to Marvels premiere female character of color in the marvelous issue today. none of the none-black characters seemed to experience this. wake me when this age of x event is over.
    How so...??

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Zac Thompson nerfed everyone to make Nature Girl look good.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    How so...??
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    pretty much this and there seemed to be more emphasis on highlighting what storm couldnt do versus the other characters. but I'm hopeful after this event writers can get back to writing her in a less devaluing manner.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Huh? Is that what actually happened? I'm not home yet.
    "Cable was right!"

I can't take that character serious. Whenever I see that name I think teenage female Ric Flair.

Huh? Is that what actually happened? I'm not home yet.
    nature girl was shown in a very respectable manner and even had to manage storm a bit during the crisis. u were not too far off

pretty much this and there seemed to be more emphasis on highlighting what storm couldnt do versus the other characters. but I'm hopeful after this event writers can get back to writing her in a less devaluing manner.
    To be fair, no-one’s done anything of worth with Storm since Claremont, who seemed to find her contradictions endlessly fascinating. They must have a crib sheet that says “Imperious. Aloof. Calls Kitty “Kitten”. Kind of over-powered so find ways to knock her out of action.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    To be fair, no-one’s done anything of worth with Storm since Claremont, who seemed to find her contradictions endlessly fascinating. They must have a crib sheet that says “Imperious. Aloof. Calls Kitty “Kitten”. Kind of over-powered so find ways to knock her out of action.”
    I would respectfully disagree. Hudlin wrote her as being a queen of the Wakandan nation and Coates recently wrote her as being an actual goddess. Both writers gave her development by exploring ties to a community and family outside the xmen. All in all, these writers wrote to elevate her status within the marvel universe beyond just being the token black chick.

I guess it’s late enough to post this now:

I agree with you on this. I didn’t have a problem with nature girl getting a push but Storm did seem actively nerfed. It was so obvious that it took me out of the story, I found myself thinking “why can’t Storm just turn up the rain” when I should’ve been able to just read the book.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I agree with you on this. I didn’t have a problem with nature girl getting a push but Storm did seem actively nerfed. It was so obvious that it took me out of the story, I found myself thinking “why can’t Storm just turn up the rain” when I should’ve been able to just read the book.
    I'm trying to have an open mind. another poster mentioned that Nate may purposefully be negating the powers of the mutants who he deems to be the bigger threats. of course this remains to be seen but if this is the case I wouldn't mind this as a storm fan.

I'm trying to have an open mind. another poster mentioned that Nate may purposefully be negating the powers of the mutants who he deems to be the bigger threats. of course this remains to be seen but if this is the case I wouldn't mind this as a storm fan.
    It would make sense. His (Nate’s) focus is on individualism and Storm has such a deep connection with her family and friends that he could be actively making her weaker. Didn’t she hurt him pretty bad in a previous issue? I think with a lightning strike.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.