Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It would make sense. His (Nate’s) focus is on individualism and Storm has such a deep connection with her family and friends that he could be actively making her weaker. Didn’t she hurt him pretty bad in a previous issue? I think with a lightning strike.
    yes she did. which is why when the user made that suggestion it made a bit more sense to me. maybe she was so nerfed due to hurting him in the uncanny issue 10 encounter. And yes u make a great point about individualism. I may have jumped the gun. i will give a few issues and see how it resolves. I hope she can break through his manipulation though and really unleash.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This is a media problem in general. No matter then genre or venue, the white character or people get most of the attention, praise and push. And the minorities...not so much.

Society in general has done a big regression with race. You saw more diversity in the 70's than you do today. lol

Like black female characters not being allowed to have anything other than straight or wavy hair. Then the curls and braids get reserved for the ugly villainous black women. lol

Not an Xample, But the 70's, you had the interracial coupling of Danny Rand x Misty Knight.
    Attachment 61203
    A dark-skinned attractive black woman with natural hair. Dating a white guy on top of it. You don't see much of that today. And Hell Misty & Danny were finally broken up for good, and I don't think their relationship got any attention except the Secret Love story in 2015.
    Of course, Warren is blue here but he's got the blond hair.

All-New Member

Sign of Hope for Loa? Or just more weaselly dissembling?61F485C7-34DE-4FB1-A8EF-590F4CD3A391.jpg

If Loa's death is a fakeout like Rictor then it'll be the second time Rosenberg has pretended to kill a minority character just for the sake of giving his white protagonists survivors guilt.

Learn another trick

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    If Loa's death is a fakeout like Rictor then it'll be the second time Rosenberg has pretended to kill a minority character just for the sake of giving his white protagonists survivors guilt.

Learn another trick
    what white protagonist?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what white protagonist?
    Scott, Logan, and Madrox in Uncanny 11. They all had some sort of contact with Blindfold and felt they failed they save her

Magik in Dead Souls when Rictor's fake funeral was all about how she failed as a leader

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Scott, Logan, and Madrox in Uncanny 11. They all had some sort of contact with Blindfold and felt they failed they save her

Magik in Dead Souls when Rictor's fake funeral was all about how she failed as a leader
    You wrote Loa though. None of those characters interacted with her and I dont see how her death can be linked to survivor's guilt to those men. Thats a stretch

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You wrote Loa though. None of those characters interacted with her
    My bad, kinda conflated Ruth and Alani in my head since they both died in the same issue.

Though you could argue that Blindfold was the one who felt survivor's guilt from Loa's death and that contributed to the her suicide.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the lack of black characters and other poc on these covers are expected yet still disappointing:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

First there was the Legacy virus. Then there was M-Pox.

And then came the honkitis.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

A nightmare....literally a nightmare

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the lack of black characters and other poc on these covers are expected yet still disappointing:
    I agree with your greater point entirely.

I believe there is a single person of color, I think the bald woman in the bottom left corner of the Powers of X cover is apparently Karima Shapandar, one-time X-Man, human-turned cyborg Omega Sentinel, and an East Indian former police officer.

Karima Bald.jpg

That being said, it in no way invalidates the observation of the overall excessive whiteness and exclusion of the majority of POC in the X-pantheon of characters presently and throughout most of these promo pieces/covers.

It is troubling that in these preview images it is mostly white folks. I recall the criticism from the start of Morrison's run for the same thing. In some ways it got better and in other ways it was mostly an all white cast (I love GM's run but this is a fair and legitimate criticism).

The X-men should always reflect diversity and inclusion and it would be nice to have more minority writers at the helm on these books. Time and time again we have white male writers who center white male characters. As most of us are aware, some of the white male writers do not write women, minority women, or lgbt characters very well.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Given Rosenberg's track record, I hate he's got a hold of one of my favs already.

But LORD< I hope he stays away from Monet. I think he mentioned he didn't like her. What a shock *sarcasm* So she'd just be another POC he kills off to rid the X-world of these brown mutants.

Who in the X-Office opened the Casket of Ancient Winters? XavierFiles is literally the only one who can get us answers.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate