Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

imagine not liking Monet but stanning Havok

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    No Empathy

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    I agree with your greater point entirely.

I believe there is a single person of color, I think the bald woman in the bottom left corner of the Powers of X cover is apparently Karima Shapandar, one-time X-Man, human-turned cyborg Omega Sentinel, and an East Indian former police officer.

Attachment 80952

That being said, it in no way invalidates the observation of the overall excessive whiteness and exclusion of the majority of POC in the X-pantheon of characters presently and throughout most of these promo pieces/covers.

yes it's quite disheartening to see a franchise that supposedly is built around diversity is perhaps one of the least diverse groups in the mu. It seems these stories are always centered around white people with a focus on the white male lead character. your word excessive is such a spot on term for what is happening but until the pook of xwriters change I dont think we will ever truly see a more diverse cast of xmen that focus on the stories other than those that orbit around the white characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    It is troubling that in these preview images it is mostly white folks. I recall the criticism from the start of Morrison's run for the same thing. In some ways it got better and in other ways it was mostly an all white cast (I love GM's run but this is a fair and legitimate criticism).

The X-men should always reflect diversity and inclusion and it would be nice to have more minority writers at the helm on these books. Time and time again we have white male writers who center white male characters. As most of us are aware, some of the white male writers do not write women, minority women, or lgbt characters very well.
    i.agree with all of this. perfectly said
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the lack of black characters and other poc on these covers are expected yet still disappointing:

Yeah, Marvel has a pretty persistent decades-long problem of creating and abandoning diversity characters. Some could dismiss that as "most new characters end up with that fate," but it still does Marvel no favors that they can't seem to continue supporting any one diverse character unless they were a highly used character in the perceived "golden age."

I mean, there's Dust that I think of immediately. Trinary's probably done. Georgia from ANXF is probably never gonna get used again. List goes on.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Very unlikely, he's either white, jew or POC, no middle ground
    white, JEW or POC? Huh?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Yeah, Marvel has a pretty persistent decades-long problem of creating and abandoning diversity characters. Some could dismiss that as "most new characters end up with that fate," but it still does Marvel no favors that they can't seem to continue supporting any one diverse character unless they were a highly used character in the perceived "golden age."

I mean, there's Dust that I think of immediately. Trinary's probably done. Georgia from ANXF is probably never gonna get used again. List goes on.
    why do you think this has been such persistent problem?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

A nightmare....literally a nightmare
    where is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    where is this from?
    The first panel of Loa's death is from February's Uncanny #11, the second of Warpath getting stabbed is from last month's X-Force #4, he'll live but it was a wack way to end a great issue, and the last is the cover for Uncanny #22 or whatever for July.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the cover for Uncanny #22 or whatever for July.
    Damn forreal that is just terrible....I thought it was fan made as joke about how uncannily white the real cover/team is
    smdh X-Men I'm gonna need you to do BETTER!!

BANNED

that Uncanny cover looks super fun

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    that Uncanny cover looks super fun
    Maybe but how anyone can have a fun anything with Juggernaut, Havok, Cyclops, and Wolverine are your main guests is beyond me lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    how anyone can have a fun anything with Juggernaut, Havok, Cyclops, and Wolverine are your main guests
    because I like the X-Men

Dani, Karma, Hope all missing so Rosenburger can put his white favs + the Bros is far beyond fun. Even if it’s jsut a cover, it’s indicative of what’s been going on in the run so far and I doubt it’ll change anytime soon.

Dani, Karma, Hope all missing so Rosenburger can put his white favs + the Bros is far beyond fun. Even if it’s jsut a cover, it’s indicative of what’s been going on in the run so far and I doubt it’ll change anytime soon.
    If only, there was some kind of figure, some kind of overseer and curator responsible for a certain number of titles, with the power to work with writers during the development of books to make the story they want to tell the best it can be by helping form things like a diverse cast. But alas, such an individual is only a phantom of my imagination. So we must rely on every single writer being willing to actually care about doing this themselves, and grieve when that is often not the case.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Imagine liking Havok at all.