Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1080
  1. #976
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    It was probably done quickly, because seriously, some of the very first comments about that pic was is he jean and bishop’s kid. If the story came out and he was just random kid #7, they were afraid of getting yelled out for ...what’s the racial version of queer baiting, lol, it’s too early in the morning...

  2. #977
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    It was probably done quickly, because seriously, some of the very first comments about that pic was is he jean and bishop’s kid. If the story came out and he was just random kid #7, they were afraid of getting yelled out for ...what’s the racial version of queer baiting, lol, it’s too early in the morning...
    race baiting lol
    what was the big problem with people thinking he was JeanxBishops kid? Not like the X-Men are super traditional parents (Shatterstar... Longshot)

  3. #978
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yep. Bad color job with that. But that's Marvel for ya.
    You've probably posted this a million times and I've missed them but what are your expectations for our girl Monet going to HOX/POX?
    Reading list: Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Marvel), Ironheart (Marvel), Champions (Marvel), Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter (Marvel), Runaways (Marvel), Young Justice (DC), Naomi (DC), Justice League Odyssey (DC), My Hero Academia (VIZ), Bitter Root (Image), Quincredible (Lionforge), Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reboot (BOOM!)

  4. #979
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    You've probably posted this a million times and I've missed them but what are your expectations for our girl Monet going to HOX/POX?
    I posted a few, but not millions. Lol So no issues

    For now, I'm not sure what to expect. Marte Gracia is doing the coloring for HOX/POX and so far, I like that her skin has melanin in it. The first cover she was on was questionable, but she's nicely brown in the second. So I like that, and hopefully he will be consistent and not make her white in certain panels.

    Far as her actual character. I find it worrisome she hasn't been on many covers. Husk was on 1 variant, and was shown on covers for HOX 3 and 4, then POX 6. So she's got Monet 4-2. Any time new art is released, she's the first thing I look for, but no luck seeing her in anything. Yet I have seen more of Mystique than I care to see. I am hoping variants for HOX 3 and 4 will have more Monet since that's the book covers she appeared on.

    Hickman seems to be a fan of Generation X. He says Monet & Emma are his favorites, then listed Synch & Skin as mutants who never got their fair shake. So I was happy to hear that. In a recent interview, he was asked about a favorite story, and he said Generation Next and that he'd just red it not long ago. So being a fan of the GenX cast, I expect him to do them all good justice and have voices that are appropriate for their characters today.

    Wishful thinking I am hoping he can elevate Monet like he did with Sunspot & Cannonball. Monet has good potential. She has a decent fanbase, but is still not generally known. When she appeared in Pak's Weapon X, there were enough fans who didn't know who she was. And since Hickman is such a big fan of GenX, he may show more of the St. Coix family and will have the perfect voice for Monet. Namely I don't wanna see PAD's Monet again. He made me hate the character.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-19-2019 at 12:23 PM.

  5. #980
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    race baiting lol
    what was the big problem with people thinking he was JeanxBishops kid? Not like the X-Men are super traditional parents (Shatterstar... Longshot)
    Really, I thought that meant something different, lol, oh well, like I said it was too early...

    There’s no objective ‘harm’ in thinking that, but if the story came out and he turned out not to be bishop’s kid,(and is possibly only there for a few panels) then they run the risk of people being upset that he wasn’t and that panel was ‘misleading’. Like how people were upset when the force awakens came out and Finn was on the posters with a lightsaber, but in the movie wasn’t a Jedi, Rey was instead.

  6. #981
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I posted a few, but not millions. Lol So no issues

    For now, I'm not sure what to expect. Marte Gracia is doing the coloring for HOX/POX and so far, I like that her skin has melanin in it. The first cover she was on was questionable, but she's nicely brown in the second. So I like that, and hopefully he will be consistent and no make her white in certain panels.

    Far as her actual character. I find it worrisome she hasn't been on many covers. Husk was on 1 variant, and was shown on covers for HOX 3 and 4, then POX 6. So she's got Monet 4-2. Any time new art is released, she's the first thing I look for, but no luck seeing her in anything. Yet I have seen more of Mystique than I care to see. I am hoping variants for HOX 3 and 4 will have more Monet since that's the book covers she appeared on.

    Hickman seems to be a fan of Generation X. He says Monet & Emma are his favorites, then listed Synch & Skin as mutants who never got their fair shake. So I was happy to hear that. In a recent interview, he was asked about a favorite story, and he said Generation Next and that he'd just red it not long ago. So being a fan of the GenX cast, I expect him to do them all good justice and have voices that are appropriate for their characters today.

    Wishful thinking I am hoping he can elevate Monet like he did with Sunspot & Cannonball. Monet has good potential. She has a decent fanbase, but is still not generally known. When she appeared in Pak's Weapon X, there were enough fans who didn't know who she was. And since Hickman is such a big fan of GenX, he may show more of the St. Coix family and will have the perfect voice for Monet. Namely I don't wanna see PAD's Monet again. He made me hate the character.
    I def have my fingers crossed for melaninated Monet and for Ev being brought back to life.. I am still to this day very confused as to way it has taken so long for him to return. His first scene was with him with guns pointed at him.. As a child I did not understand the significance of that image but after everything that has happened in the last few years, it really hit me that the minority as a mutant metaphor when it comes to race/racism has barely been fleshed out(but that it really could do something with the proper writer).. After Ferguson, it would have made so much sense for them to revisit Everett Thomas. He could have had a 3 or 4 book limited series. Hopefully Hickman does great things with Gen X and other fan favorite characters that are neglected.

  7. #982
    Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Weird, I swear that kid was always green. Mandala Effect confirmed in 616.
    Nah he was brown from the get go, cause I thought he was gonna be Jean and Bishop’s mistake baby.

  8. #983
    Comic maker Evil Means's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Humanity's too big of concept for people to unite behind and forget about race in the 616 mutants, gods, aliens, robots are almost human looking and can be identified along general racial lines and for many people that that qualifier(s) that makes them...them carries an unfair sometimes unwelcome bias in favor of the traits they themselves have. Humans create Their world's on mych smalker scales.... their nationality, home state, city their from, street they lived on, school mascot....a family moving into a neighborhood who happen to be different in every possible way than the other neighbors can be seen a threat to the existence of the individual people's lil world they have created

    maybe the social concept on how we view certain races has changed, but noticing someone's skin color and using that to form a physical description or identity of that person is pretty much with humanity from the start(im assuming have no idea)Buuuut why specifically race being the one Social construct wiped out? Why not sexes? or countries? sexuality? or religions? monetary system?
    Other than actual biological sexuality as it pertains to mating, attraction and breeding, I think all the things you mentioned would absolutely be impacted, to a massive degree.

    Countries? Largely obliterated. Genders? Unimportant. Religions -- they would take a significant impact.

    The concept of race was invented just 500 years ago. We might have some innate evolutionary drive to seek out sameness and familiarity, but we just as equally might have a drive to do the opposite, to ensure biodiversity in our species.

    The main point I'm making is that all of our meager social constructs would largely fall by the wayside once under the boot heel of a Lovecraftian interference. Heck, a SINGLE alien invasion would probably wipe out most of the social constructs we cling to as a civilization. Marvel and DC writers like to play around still taking the (sorry) dullard approach that none of this would really change mankind at all. The Marvel Universe would still be "the world outside our window". It's kind of infantile and laughable IMO. It's not that I think the people who consider it to be laughable or infantile, only that because it's comic books, I think most people have never actually really paused and considered that very little of what we know and do would remain in a Marvel comic book universe. I mean, at the very least, there would be guaranteed basic income. These creatures can literally make gold and diamonds from nothing. The Marvel Universe is not our earth, it is a hostile and ALIEN world filled with constant catastrophe. Literally no one left alive would care about Maggie's pigment or Dave's homosexuality.

    That's just my opinion, tho.

  9. #984
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Means View Post
    Other than actual biological sexuality as it pertains to mating, attraction and breeding, I think all the things you mentioned would absolutely be impacted, to a massive degree.

    Countries? Largely obliterated. Genders? Unimportant. Religions -- they would take a significant impact.

    The concept of race was invented just 500 years ago. We might have some innate evolutionary drive to seek out sameness and familiarity, but we just as equally might have a drive to do the opposite, to ensure biodiversity in our species.

    The main point I'm making is that all of our meager social constructs would largely fall by the wayside once under the boot heel of a Lovecraftian interference. Heck, a SINGLE alien invasion would probably wipe out most of the social constructs we cling to as a civilization. Marvel and DC writers like to play around still taking the (sorry) dullard approach that none of this would really change mankind at all. The Marvel Universe would still be "the world outside our window". It's kind of infantile and laughable IMO. It's not that I think the people who consider it to be laughable or infantile, only that because it's comic books, I think most people have never actually really paused and considered that very little of what we know and do would remain in a Marvel comic book universe. I mean, at the very least, there would be guaranteed basic income. These creatures can literally make gold and diamonds from nothing. The Marvel Universe is not our earth, it is a hostile and ALIEN world filled with constant catastrophe. Literally no one left alive would care about Maggie's pigment or Dave's homosexuality.

    That's just my opinion, tho.
    my faith in humanity just ain't that strong #smdh

  10. #985
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I posted a few, but not millions. Lol So no issues

    For now, I'm not sure what to expect. Marte Gracia is doing the coloring for HOX/POX and so far, I like that her skin has melanin in it. The first cover she was on was questionable, but she's nicely brown in the second. So I like that, and hopefully he will be consistent and not make her white in certain panels.

    Far as her actual character. I find it worrisome she hasn't been on many covers. Husk was on 1 variant, and was shown on covers for HOX 3 and 4, then POX 6. So she's got Monet 4-2. Any time new art is released, she's the first thing I look for, but no luck seeing her in anything. Yet I have seen more of Mystique than I care to see. I am hoping variants for HOX 3 and 4 will have more Monet since that's the book covers she appeared on.

    Hickman seems to be a fan of Generation X. He says Monet & Emma are his favorites, then listed Synch & Skin as mutants who never got their fair shake. So I was happy to hear that. In a recent interview, he was asked about a favorite story, and he said Generation Next and that he'd just red it not long ago. So being a fan of the GenX cast, I expect him to do them all good justice and have voices that are appropriate for their characters today.

    Wishful thinking I am hoping he can elevate Monet like he did with Sunspot & Cannonball. Monet has good potential. She has a decent fanbase, but is still not generally known. When she appeared in Pak's Weapon X, there were enough fans who didn't know who she was. And since Hickman is such a big fan of GenX, he may show more of the St. Coix family and will have the perfect voice for Monet. Namely I don't wanna see PAD's Monet again. He made me hate the character.
    Thanks for letting me know what covers she was on because I hadn't seen them yet. I'm also glad he voiced his love for Gen X, that makes me even more optimistic for this run. i just hope he delivers, even just a little bit. I wonder if he's going to push her so we can see the full extent of her powers. Even if he doesn't doesn't do much for her, I atleast hope she's stays brown. We can't have this happen again
    Reading list: Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Marvel), Ironheart (Marvel), Champions (Marvel), Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter (Marvel), Runaways (Marvel), Young Justice (DC), Naomi (DC), Justice League Odyssey (DC), My Hero Academia (VIZ), Bitter Root (Image), Quincredible (Lionforge), Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reboot (BOOM!)

  11. #986
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Thanks for letting me know what covers she was on because I hadn't seen them yet. I'm also glad he voiced his love for Gen X, that makes me even more optimistic for this run. i just hope he delivers, even just a little bit. I wonder if he's going to push her so we can see the full extent of her powers. Even if he doesn't doesn't do much for her, I atleast hope she's stays brown. We can't have this happen again
    a damn travesty if i ever saw one.....
    who DaFuq cares what happens to sabertooth??

  12. #987
    Bad Guy CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Ugly Arizona
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Wow what'd they do to Monet?

  13. #988
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Wow what'd they do to Monet?
    She walked into a salon one day and asked for the "Michael Jackson"
    look (she wanted a loose jheri curl) and she walked out like that. When Sunspot wanted to bring back the "S Curl" in the mid 90s he got the same treatment.

    That's why i implore Black & Brown people to wear their hair naturally. No one wants to see another Sammy 'Cream Soda' Sosa

  14. #989
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Thanks for letting me know what covers she was on because I hadn't seen them yet. I'm also glad he voiced his love for Gen X, that makes me even more optimistic for this run. i just hope he delivers, even just a little bit. I wonder if he's going to push her so we can see the full extent of her powers. Even if he doesn't doesn't do much for her, I at least hope she's stays brown. We can't have this happen again
    Yeah, that was not the best moment. But that book was terrible overall, so no wonder even Monet's skin didn't stay right. Chris Robinson is the editor, and he's black but let this happen. And when asked about why Monet was white, neither he nor Pak responded to the poster who asked. Because they had no excuse.

    Monet was white a whole lot during that series.
    JjdFLhG.jpg

    Now that we have the books for Wave 1, I hope she's in Hickman's X-Men. Though I suppose she could be included in any, except Marauders -depending on what theme they want / have for the cast.

    We'll know the rosters in a few more hours. The Panel is 1:45 - 2:45 PST. So whatever that is for everyone respectively.

  15. #990
    Fantastic Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Thanks for letting me know what covers she was on because I hadn't seen them yet. I'm also glad he voiced his love for Gen X, that makes me even more optimistic for this run. i just hope he delivers, even just a little bit. I wonder if he's going to push her so we can see the full extent of her powers. Even if he doesn't doesn't do much for her, I atleast hope she's stays brown. We can't have this happen again
    I could have sworn she had green hair before. And was asking about Havok. Must be the Mandela Effect again.
    “Tell me, are you an Avenger now? The brand is not what it once was” - Mr. Sinister, Uncanny X-Men (2019) #19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •