Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Sadly, it will get views with all the boycotters offended by the NFL allowing players to take a knee.
    It will get views that 1st week but a problem will be if it can maintain that. We have to remember that a big issue that the original XFL had was , ratings was good that 1st week. Til people saw how shitty the league was and players involved.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Yah, I can't imagine just being patriotic and less criminal-y will help them if the football sucks. I'm hoping whoever sets it up this time will make sure the gameplay is more interesting than last time round (not fun, we don't really want fun).
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It will get views that 1st week but a problem will be if it can maintain that. We have to remember that a big issue that the original XFL had was , ratings was good that 1st week. Til people saw how shitty the league was and players involved.
    Exactly. We’re talking about a league that will be composed mainly of undrafted college players, Arena League castoffs and NFL has-beens and never-weres. While the novelty will attract the curious at first, the lack of quality will inevitably turn people off.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Exactly. We’re talking about a league that will be composed mainly of undrafted college players, Arena League castoffs and NFL has-beens and never-weres. While the novelty will attract the curious at first, the lack of quality will inevitably turn people off.
    I mean when Johnny Manziel wants in , you know your league is fucked already.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

All this & how much mileage they think they can get out of Tebow when they desperately throw enough $$$ at him to be their "big white football star". Eventually, when the ratings/empty stadiums begin to make Vince desperate it will quickly devolve to a freak show when he starts introducing "heels" to generate they hype.

Respectable sports media/news will only "report" when Vince unleashes the freaks into the sport. Then the XFL will be good for the LULZ.

A XLB could be fun though, with wrestling type characters playing some over the top baseball.

Not a as sport you know, as a spectacle. Like wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    All this & how much mileage they think they can get out of Tebow when they desperately throw enough $$$ at him to be their "big white football star". Eventually, when the ratings/empty stadiums begin to make Vince desperate it will quickly devolve to a freak show when he starts introducing "heels" to generate they hype.

Respectable sports media/news will only "report" when Vince unleashes the freaks into the sport. Then the XFL will be good for the LULZ.
    Oh, I have no doubt Vince will park a Brink's truck outside Tebow's house to sign him up. Never mind that the guy's been playing baseball (New York Mets' single-A team I think) the last year or so, and had been a college football studio analyst before that. Lord only knows how long it's been since he actually played football, but that won't stop McMahon from lusting for him. More proof of how XFL 2.0 is going to be a train wreck like the first version.

Oh, I have no doubt Vince will park a Brink's truck outside Tebow's house to sign him up. Never mind that the guy's been playing baseball (New York Mets' single-A team I think) the last year or so, and had been a college football studio analyst before that. Lord only knows how long it's been since he actually played football, but that won't stop McMahon from lusting for him. More proof of how XFL 2.0 is going to be a train wreck like the first version.
    Honestly, there could be XFL entertainment to be had if Vince just made it a live action version of the NFL Blitz arcade games from the 90's LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Honestly, there could be XFL entertainment to be had if Vince just made it a live action version of the NFL Blitz arcade games from the 90's LOL.
    Isn't that basically what it was the first time?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

As a NY'er I despise anything Mets. However, it's insanely smart bringing in Tebow to watch his legion of fans fall over themselves to get his Mets related merchandise & pack the stands while wailing constantly for his appearance.

I saw this happen also to the Jets with hilarious results. P.T. Barnum was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Isn't that basically what it was the first time?
    It sorta was like that but I feel like he could go all the way this time with the more outlandish elements ha.

I'd rather just see him bring back Rock and Jock.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

The issue is what does Tebow value more: money or self respect? Because any professional Football organization publicly showing interest in him would
    set off all kinds of red flags even when he was in his prime (cough-Jets-cough).

And even Tebow must realize this by now.

This isn't an issue with Manziel given his previous antics.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    As a NY'er I despise anything Mets. However, it's insanely smart bringing in Tebow to watch his legion of fans fall over themselves to get his Mets related merchandise & pack the stands while wailing constantly for his appearance.

I saw this happen also to the Jets with hilarious results. P.T. Barnum was a genius.
    I still remember Tebow’s hangar presser after the Jets flew him in. I mean, nowhere on earth would there be a press conference for the backup quarterback than New York. Yeah, hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The issue is what does Tebow value more: money or self respect? Because any professional Football organization publicly showing interest in him would
    set off all kinds of red flags even when he was in his prime (cough-Jets-cough).

And even Tebow must realize this by now.

This isn't an issue with Manziel given his previous antics.
    Manziel will sign with anyone who offers him a steady paycheck. Tebow? I’d say that depends on how much he still wants to play professional football.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I think it can work for a couple different reasons

- the Arena league is done after this year
    - while NFL ratings are down, college football ratings are up, people love football...hell the Legends (formerly Lingerie) Football League is expanding
    - he is running this as an entirely separate entity from the WWE, unlike last time
    - he will not be the public face of the league
    The top College teams field better products than the XFL did basically the best College Players go to the NFL, the next best go to the CFL, then of the remaining that don't go into other lines of work go into the XFL. And of those if any of them show enough promise, they then try to get into the NFL or CFL. The fact of the matter is that a league where the average salary is $45,000 a year(not a typo, forty five) can't compete with virtually any other pro sports league for real talent. The XFL last time essentially boiled down to boring football, don't see why anything changes this time