Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Would Supergirl fit with the Titans?

and i dont mean here

But on Dicks titans, or is starfire suppose to fill that role

I think Kara is too young for Dick's generation of Titans. They're all in their 20's, and were in the latter half of them by Flashpoint. Kara's a teenager, or at the absolute most, very early 20's.

But I think she'd fit nicely in Young Justice. I'd even be willing to see her replace Conner on the roster, as long as Conner had a worthy place to go to.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

She's what, 16 right now? Good age for the current crop of Teen Titans, and would allow her to get to know others outside the Super family. Make some friends that share the same hero experiences as her. Or even in Young Justice, whenever that pops back up (I swear to the Presence if they re-kill off Artemis again, all of the previous Crisis Events TOGETHER wouldn't be enough to match my wrath!).

But yeah, a bit too young for the original Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think Kara is too young for Dick's generation of Titans. They're all in their 20's, and were in the latter half of them by Flashpoint. Kara's a teenager, or at the absolute most, very early 20's.

But I think she'd fit nicely in Young Justice. I'd even be willing to see her replace Conner on the roster, as long as Conner had a worthy place to go to.
    In the comic books rebirth version of Supergirl she is a 16 year old girl so probably should be hanging out with people her age. The TV version would be the right age for Titans, but not sure how they would work that in.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

She fit in just fine with Arsenal's post-Zero Hour team...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I dunno, I love Supergirl but I don't think she should be on any Titans teams.

She feels kind of like a "cheat."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Nah, there's plenty of workarounds for Kryptonians. Justice League has shown that quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It would be like adding Superman to the Justice League. Is anybody else even needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It would be like adding Superman to the Justice League. Is anybody else even needed?
    Of course! Kryptonians are powerful, but they're not gods. They can't be everywhere at once, and there are things out there a lot stronger than them.

It was never a problem for Donna. She's not that far from Kara's power level.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Supergirl's place is with the Legion. It always has been.

Clark=JL
    Conner=YJ
    Kara=Legion
    Jon=Teen Titans (eventually)

Just MHO.

Sure, but Power Girl would be a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It was never a problem for Donna. She's not that far from Kara's power level.
    I think that's a very modern viewpoint, matched to the idea that Wonder Woman "has to" be as powerful as Superman. (Since I don't judge characters based on their power level, I never thought that was so important, myself.) Through most of Donna's run in, first, the Teen Titans, and then the Titans, I wouldn't say she was written as being as powerful as Supergirl. Especially in the Silver Age, when Superman's powers were through the roof, and Supergirl's not far behind. (Also, Kryptonians have a bunch of additional powers, like heat vision and x-ray vision.)

Of course, I have no idea how powerful Donna Troy is in the current day, or whether she is meant to be comparable to Diana in power. We didn't know much about her in The New 52 and, since "The Lies" and "The Truth," we know considerably less.

It's interesting to note that, when the Teen Titans were first created, and TPTB needed a "girl character," they went with Wonder Girl (even though the writers and editors involved didn't seem to know how she had been portrayed in Wonder Woman), rather than choosing Supergirl, who was available and better defined. She was no longer "Superman's secret weapon," having been "revealed to the world" (1962; the Teen Titans started in 1964). I think they probably considered Kara to be too powerful compared to the other O5 Titans. (Two didn't have superpowers, and one was "just Aqualad;" Aquaman hadn't really been powered up in those days, so Aqualad wasn't very powerful either. Kid Flash, of course, had incredible powers - but in limited areas.)

The difference with the JLA is that they had Green Lantern and J'onn J'onzz, bringing the power average up pretty high. The Teen Titans didn't have versions of those two.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Too many JL legacies there already.

I've no objections. only rule I'd want imposed is one Super character at a time, so if Connor or Jon were to join, she'd skedaddle.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Speaking about Supergirl Matrix back in 1995 she was member of the New Teen Titans along with Donna, Roy, Gar, Vic, Raven Kory etc.
    She was a great addition and i would appreciate if Kara joins Titans (Dick's generation).
    I'd like to see Kyle Rayner also join.