Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    LOL, kidnapping children, trying to murder your mentors because your kidnapped & raised by demons sister says they are selfish and actually getting innocents they are trying to protect killed is sympathetic and heroic? Billy was the worst regular character on any show I watch until Felicity Smoak came along.
    The Charmed Ones didn't exactly disprove accusations of them being selfish. It had been an issue with them since at least season 5. Hell, they actively tried to stop Billie from protecting innocent people because it somehow posed an inconvenience for them. Yes she was led astray but she never would have been if her so called mentors actual mentored her and didn't treat her like a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Even that didn't last long. For all the issues with Billie's character, she was the only protagonist who was still sympathetic and heroic at the end. i think the reason Prue's ghost never visited them (well aside from Shannon Doherty not reprising the role) was because she couldn't stand to see what asshats her sisters had become.
    True, it didn't last long, but she at least lasted longer than Piper (not surprising) and Phoebe (though for all of her selfishness, I think she also tried to stay close to Billie). Even during the final montage Paige vanquished a darklighter and saved an innocent while Piper cooked and Phoebe married Coop (ugh) and had the babies she's wanted for years.

As far as Prue goes, I feel bad, because I never appreciated her as a character until my recent rewatches. Sure, she can be annoyingly prideful and know-it-all-like, but, when it came down to it, she really cared about the people she was saving. Even though Phoebe (during the early seasons) had the most enthusiasm for being a witch, Prue was the one who really appreciated the good that it allowed her to do.

LOL, kidnapping children, trying to murder your mentors because your kidnapped & raised by demons sister says they are selfish and actually getting innocents they are trying to protect killed is sympathetic and heroic? Billy was the worst regular character on any show I watch until Felicity Smoak came along.
    She crossed quite the line when she kidnapped Wyatt and used his powers. I think Piper was a little too eager to vanquish her and her sister before they took Wyatt, but I can understand any negative emotions she had towards her after the fact.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Mighty Member

The Charmed Ones didn't exactly disprove accusations of them being selfish. It had been an issue with them since at least season 5. Hell, they actively tried to stop Billie from protecting innocent people because it somehow posed an inconvenience for them. Yes she was led astray but she never would have been if her so called mentors actual mentored her and didn't treat her like a chore.
    Wow, I cannot believe you went there. You totally excused the whole "They are selfish lets kill them." let em spell it out for you.

Killing people because they are selfish is MURDER and wrong, fact not opinion.

If someone wants to kill people because they are selfish they are evil or crazy, fact not opinion.

If someone agrees with that person they have to be evil, crazy or incredibly stupid, fact not opinion.

Do you get it now?

Wow, I cannot believe you went there. You totally excused the whole "They are selfish lets kill them." let em spell it out for you.

If someone wants to kill people because they are selfish they are evil or crazy, fact not opinion.

If someone agrees with that person they have to be evil, crazy or incredibly stupid, fact not opinion.

Do you get it now?
    Hey remember when Phoebe deliberately became queen of the underworld just to be with Cole? Or when Piper almost destroyed the world because Leo got a promotion and couldn't be with her? Or when in the season preceding this one the Charmed Ones sided with the Avatars for their own selfish gain? Or how they got Billie's parents killed? And these were grown ass women in their 20s/30s not an impressionable girl barely out of her teens.

Excuse me as I play the worlds smallest violin for the Holier-Than-Thou Halliwells.

Oh and who was the one who destroyed Christy again? Oh yeah, Billie. I'm sticking with what I said, for all her mistakes, she was the only sympathetic character left on that show.

Do you get it now?
    Hey remember when Phoebe deliberately became queen of the underworld just to be with Cole? Or when Piper almost destroyed the world because Leo got a promotion and couldn't be with her? Or when in the season preceding this one the Charmed Ones sided with the Avatars for their own selfish gain? Or how they got Billie's parents killed? And these were grown ass women in their 20s/30s not an impressionable girl barely out of her teens.

Excuse me as I play the worlds smallest violin for the Holier-Than-Thou Halliwells.

Oh and who was the one who destroyed Christy again? Oh yeah, Billie. I'm sticking with what I said, for all her mistakes, she was the only sympathetic character left on that show.

Mighty Member

Tell you what, go to your local police station and tell them that you want to kill your neighbor because they are selfish. Let me know how that works out for you.

Tell you what, go to your local police station and tell them that you want to kill your neighbor because they are selfish. Let me know how that works out for you.
    If I include the fact that said neighbor almost destroyed the world and has covered up at least two murders, that might help.

Seriously, you keep harping on about the legality of Billie's actions as if that had anything to do with what I said or the Charmed Ones weren't self centered, hypocritical jackasses by the end.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-30-2018 at 04:11 AM.

BANNED

It's Charmed.

Murdering some guy because he's really a supernatural whatever who wants to corrupt people is what the heroes do. It was daft beyond the telling of it most of the time.

I liked the original. I Hope they do this rebooted right.

Hell, sometimes the guy doesn't have to be supernatural. There was an episode in the sixth season where Phoebe set up a mortal man to be killed by demons. Granted, the guy was a murderer (if memory serves me right), but, they practically vanquished him as if he were a demon. Phoebe, of all of the sisters should have known that that was a bad move since she got burnt at the stake for killing a man.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Mighty Member

If I include the fact that said neighbor almost destroyed the world and has covered up at least two murders, that might help.

Seriously, you keep harping on about the legality of Billie's actions as if that had anything to do with what I said or the Charmed Ones weren't self centered, hypocritical jackasses by the end.
    Because that is the reason that Billie was persuaded to kill them, that is all it took thus all that matters about her actions. You keep harping about selfishness like that justifies anything.
    Last edited by regnak; 01-30-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's Charmed.

Murdering some guy because he's really a supernatural whatever who wants to corrupt people is what the heroes do. It was daft beyond the telling of it most of the time.
    That is not what is involved here. What happened was this.

1The demon raised sister told Billie her mentors were selfish.
    2They put them into a magical sleep while Paige was protecting an innocent and allowed a demon to kill said innocent, oops!
    3Then they kidnapped a child and tried to kill the sisters.

And Agent Z says Billie is heroic. Hello lunacy.

BANNED

That is not what is involved here. What happened was this.

1The demon raised sister told Billie her mentors were selfish.
    2They put them into a magical sleep while Paige was protecting an innocent and allowed a demon to kill said innocent, oops!
    3Then they kidnapped a child and tried to kill the sisters.

And Agent Z says Billie is heroic. Hello lunacy.
    It was Charmed. It was a pretty daft show at the best of times, and this was not one of those times. There often was no sense of right or wrong beyond what the plot arbitrarily said was right and wrong.

Singling out this one instance because you dislike a character seems petty.

Because that is the reason that Billie was persuaded to kill them, that is all it took thus all that matters about her actions. You keep harping about selfishness like that justifies anything.
    Actually, iirc Billie never actually was convinced to kill them. She was shown making excuses for them even after turining on them and mostly suggested simply taking away their powers but leaving them alive.

I called Billie herioc (but not perfect learn the difference) because she was the only one in that season that gave a damn about protecting innocent people by the end.

Another thing they need to keep is that theme song.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"