Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I am so excited for the team that consists of Starfire, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Sinestro and Starro.

Huh...so it looks like each of the Trinity, and Flash, will be leading their own separate Justice League teams post-Metal and this "No Justice" mini, which reminds me of the current "No Surrender" weekly the Avengers books are doing.

I guess anyone who was tired of the Big 7 main team finally gets their wish.

So we've got Superman leading a cosmic Justice League called "Team Mystery" of Starfire, Martian Manhunter, Starro, and Sinestro. Maybe Synder's book.

Batman leading a mishmash League or "Team Entropy" consisting of Beast Boy, Lobo, Lex, and Deathstroke. Maybe Snyder's book.

Wonder Woman leading a magic-oriented team of Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Raven, and Etrigan. I feel like this is going to be Tynion's book.

And Flash leading an eclectic team "Wisdom" consisting of himself, Atom, Harley, Robin, and Cyborg. I'm betting this is Williamson's.

I guess the biggest question is where the GL's and Aquaman are, and what this means for the Teen Titans if 4 of their members are now in the League. Is this where Young Justice's Rebirth comes in?
    Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I'm not even sure if these are the actual teams for the series, or just the four teams talked about in the mini (although I would imagine they would spin off those).

I really have no idea how you pick a flagship when Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash are each leading a team. Given it's Snyder the Batman one would probably be the flagship I guess?
    Yeah, are these teams all part of the new "family" titles or are they just going to be part of the mini?

BANNED

I already miss the big 7 lol. So I guess Snyder will write the one with Batman, Williamson the one with Flash, Tynion will handle the magic team which leaves the Super team.

Wouldn't be surprised if Teen Titans is cancelled too. They've adjusted everyone save Aqualad and Kid Flash. The former can easily end up in a Young Justice relaunch.

The dynamics however dont jump out to me. Sure Batman, Deathstroke and Luthor can be interesting for example but I'm not jumping up and down for these characters interacting.

I dont think this idea is sustainable but I do applaud DC for trying to fix their JL and possibly team books.

However this does really give away DC editorial's favortism. These rosters pretty much show who DC is willing to push.

I feel bad for Nightwing. He could've made it to one of these teams but he's stuck in that rut called Titans.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Could be interesting. More than likely will be another Bat-love fest, but oh well.

I don't mind the other villains being added, as long as Harley f*cking Quinn doesn't stick around....
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Sinestro? Harley? Starro? Jesus just when I thought the Justice league books could not get any worse. This just looks like a bad joke. And since when does Brainaic of all beings give a shit about the Earth in the first place?!?

Hard sell for me on this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This better be good because, not counting MM, it doesn't sound very interesting. We've seen villains in the League many times before. And here we have Sinestro playing a hero yet again. What the hell is it with Johns' obsession with this guy.
    Is he anymore surprising then Luthor, Harley, and Deathstroke?

I'm surprised Captain Cold isn't on Team Wisdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Could be interesting. More than likely will be another Bat-love fest, but oh well.

I don't mind the other villains being added, as long as Harley f*cking Quinn doesn't stick around....
    Harley Quinn is finally on a Justice League team. God help us all .
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Sinestro? Harley? Starro? Jesus just when I thought the Justice league books could not get any worse. This just looks like a bad joke. And since when does Brainaic of all beings give a shit about the Earth in the first place?!?

Hard sell for me on this mess.
    Depends which Brainiac we're talking about.

This is nice and all, but can we get Priest doing a story with those remaining on Earth? I think I'd find that to be far more interesting. Earth's still going to need its protectors while the other teams go cosmic!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh...so it looks like each of the Trinity, and Flash, will be leading their own separate Justice League teams post-Metal and this "No Justice" mini, which reminds me of the current "No Surrender" weekly the Avengers books are doing.

So we've got Superman leading a cosmic Justice League called "Team Mystery" of Starfire, Martian Manhunter, Starro, and Sinestro. Maybe Synder's book.

Batman leading a mishmash League or "Team Entropy" consisting of Beast Boy, Lobo, Lex, and Deathstroke. Maybe Snyder's book.

Wonder Woman leading a magic-oriented team of Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Raven, and Etrigan. I feel like this is going to be Tynion's book.

And Flash leading an eclectic team "Wisdom" consisting of himself, Atom, Harley, Robin, and Cyborg. I'm betting this is Williamson's.

I guess the biggest question is where the GL's and Aquaman are, and what this means for the Teen Titans if 4 of their members are now in the League. Is this where Young Justice's Rebirth comes in?

Yeah, are these teams all part of the new "family" titles or are they just going to be part of the mini?
    Yep. They're hoping they can team their four most popular characters each with a group of unpopular characters and sell four new comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    This is nice and all, but can we get Priest doing a story with those remaining on Earth? I think I'd find that to be far more interesting. Earth's still going to need its protectors while the other teams go cosmic!
    This whole story's only going to last four weeks, so not sure there's any time or point for doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Maybe that's what Aquaman is doing .

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I just went back and re-read the article. I thought I must've missed the part about this all being done to coincide with an upcoming video game and/or toy line...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Yep. They're hoping they can team their four most popular characters each with a group of unpopular characters and sell four new comics.
    I think the teams with Batman and Flash will have selling power. Wonder Woman and Superman though not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing66 View Post
    Which one will be the flagship team though?
    I can see the flagship title being an overarching Justice League book that is similar to the "Justice League Unlimited" animated series. So you'd still have the "Big 7" in that book.

Maybe the other books will be offshoots of the flagship title, where the entire league faces a giant crisis and needs to split into mini teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm willing to bet that it'll be the Classic Four GLs and they just dont want to reveal that too early.

Hal with Barry's Team
    Guy with Batman
    John with Clark
    Kyle on Diana's Team

I dont think Sinestro is long term, however Lobo and (possibly) Slade will be.
    It wont affect YJ however I think Aqualad will move there and Teen Titans will end.

I also think the Teams will expand outside the Mini- 5 members per team doesnt really feel like a 'League' so I'm reckoning Ollie and Dinah, Aquaman, Ray Palmer and hopefully Booster Gold, Ted Kord and Wally West

I'm glad Manapul brought back Starfire's Perez collar. Probably the most covered-up costume she's had in a while.

Can I ask why Manapul thought it would be a good idea to give Zatanna chaps to break up the fishnets? It just looks weird.

Why is it so hard for Robin to be on the same team as Batman?

I honestly didn't recognize Atom with all that red in there.