Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I'm really worried about it and i'm starting to be tired of Snyder cannibalizing the entire DCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Yes please tell me how my view is unnecessary, I don’t like Kids (Damian is 13 and therefore a kid) on teams that are meant to be the best of the best. The simple fact that when I asked why he was there I was told he is awesome that’s it no reason as to why he is awesome he just is, he is a former Gary sue creator’s pet who was slowly leaving it in the rearview mirror and I don’t think this will help. However it you go back you will not that Damian inclusion is the only thing I had problems with but I also said I would wait and see (hoping he goes back and creates a new teen titans with wally and jon while Starfire and Raven go to either the JL or Titans a guy can dream)

The fun is open to debate, personally I would love to see JL teams with a certain flair for example
    Clark, Kara, J’onn Starfire and a few other alien allies
    Dianna, Donna, Cassie and a few mytholodgy or magic based heroes
    Batman with Dick, Tim, Barbara and a few street level detective heroes (including Question and Batwoman)
    Flash with OG Wally and a few other science

That to me would be fun for a limited series but that might not suit you or a lot of others but I still have the right to like it (btw not saying you were saying that)

I never said that they couldn’t only that I can think of quite a few characters who I feel should be there instead of him. I’m a believer in having a good story that makes sense without needed to Gary Stu anyone.

As much as it sucks, I’m a trade waiter so I haven’t read all of his current solo quite yet so that could be a reason too, heard about some team during metal is that what you were talking about.

Which is why I said I would wait and see but I’m just stating for the record, I’m not a fan of 13 year olds being on the JL. Same issue I have with Marvel and the avengers as well.

Wait what this is why I think DCU is messed up, do we even know what is and isn’t in the records. Because Dick is older right I always though Kori was 22/23 similar to Barbara and Dick was maybe 25. I don’t know anymore. This also says what the hell happened to the missing ten years, does that mean Damien is going from 13 to 23,

As for the Jon think I was stretching it a bit, my understanding was if you put Damian in there sooner or later within the next two years it could happen to Jon.

This is what I’m talking about however Martian Manhunter has been confirmed as being a league member post No Justice. I wouldn’t mind seeing any of these guys on the League again over Robin anyway.
    I didn't say your view was unnecessary, I said us debating about this was unnecessary because it is. These teams are for a special crossover in May that's it. They've created a roster of heroes, villains and teens deliberately. Damian as Robin was never gonna sit out something with young heroes in it. Dont put words in my mouth. You can grasp at straws over what it takes to qualify to be a JL member. Truth is that there are no qualifications, DC will put whoever they want. If you dont like it dont bother with the books. Then you take an unnecessary dig at Morrison (what the heck is a former Gary Stu creator?).

You talk about how kids shouldn't be in JL and then go on to list Tim, Kara and Cassie you also talk about the best of the best but then mention Batwoman, Starfire and Donna all utterly redundant on those teams, okay LOL whatever.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    New plan (according to me):
    Since Vic's human appearance will no longer be nanite-based but rather a hologram, boot him to the Titans.

Bring in the Martian.

Pull Vixen in.

Drop Simon.

Add Black Lightning.

Call it a day.
    I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I didn't say your view was unnecessary, I said us debating about this was unnecessary because it is.
    I’m sorry but that’s your opinion, the only reason that we are debating this well it seems to me anyway is because my opinion of Damian is not the same as yours. You think that you know the facts but we don’t, yes I have a problem with kids who can’t legally drive or even vote being on the league but that’s my opinion and I don’t find it unnecessary to defend that stance when you seem to be doing nothing except tell me things.
    Damian is awesome
    This debate isn’t necessary because its temporary teams which consist of a wide variety of heroes so shut up and like it how about no I won’t.

These teams are for a special crossover in May that's it.
    No we have no idea about how the league looks after the event but we do know a family of books will be spun out of the event, we have no idea which of the team members will stay or go

They've created a roster of heroes, villains and teens deliberately.
    Right I don’t have to like it.

Damian as Robin was never gonna sit out something with young heroes in it.
    As I explained this is what I feel is a mess because to my mind Starfire should be older than 20, same could be said for Raven and Beast Boy. BTW Damian is the youngest there and I did say I had a problem as I could see him being treated like a peer, had the same issue with Valeria, Moon Girl and Riri Williams and I’m sure I could think of others heck Duke Thomas springs to mind.

Dont put words in my mouth. You can grasp at straws over what it takes to qualify to be a JL member. Truth is that there are no qualifications, DC will put whoever they want.
    Well yeah I know that which is why I have always said to me and that I don’t agree with kids being on the JL team, never said that they couldn’t do it just that I didn’t like it, could you please explain how I was putting words in your mouth cause I was confused by that bit.

If you dont like it dont bother with the books.
    Maybe I won’t, maybe I will, I won’t be getting it till Sept anyway. Trade wait remember.

Then you take an unnecessary dig at Morrison (what the heck is a former Gary Stu creator?).
    Seriously could you stop telling me what is and isn’t uneccessary especially if you don’t know what I’m saying but hey I’m feeling generous so here you go
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MartyStu
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...Pet/ComicBooks

You talk about how kids shouldn't be in JL and then go on to list Tim, Kara and Cassie you also talk about the best of the best but then mention Batwoman, Starfire and Donna all utterly redundant on those teams, okay LOL whatever.
    Really, so what Starfire on a team with Superman and Martian Manhunter is ok but add in Supergirl and all of a sudden she is utterly redundant WTF. Anyway to answer your point question one I think its wrong that Kara is only 16 in current comics but I digress I could be wrong but where I’m from (UK) at 16 you can vote, drive, get a job and even have sex (the same I’m sure could be said for some states in American) however at 13 you don’t vote, you aren’t allowed to gain employment, you certainly legally can’t drive so while Tim, Kara and Cassie from what I understand are over 16 and therefore in quite a few places can legally look after themselves Damian cant. Is it right probably not but it’s what I believe.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    The fun is open to debate, personally I would love to see JL teams with a certain flair for example
    Clark, Kara, J’onn Starfire and a few other alien allies
    Dianna, Donna, Cassie and a few mytholodgy or magic based heroes
    Batman with Dick, Tim, Barbara and a few street level detective heroes (including Question and Batwoman)
    Flash with OG Wally and a few other science

As much as it sucks, I’m a trade waiter so I haven’t read all of his current solo quite yet so that could be a reason too, heard about some team during metal is that what you were talking about.
    I just wanted to mention, I like the idea of the first and second teams. They just sound cool. The fourth one, it could work for sure, but the third one... that just sounds like a big mess waiting to happen. It's already bad enough how the Batfam members have been categorized into what their specialty is and having their personalities stripped away to allow for easy interaction, it'd only get worse if they were all part of one big team and working together...

Edit: Oops, for got the reason I wanted to reply in the first place was to answer that Green Arrow question. And no, the Metal thing was the Gotham Resistance, in his own solo, Ollie joins the JL as a hidden member of some sort, idk how to describe it because Ollie basically doesn't explain it himself, lol. I've also fallen behind so I can really tell you more than that, but I do know the JL are meant to show up again in the final issue of the run.

Wait what this is why I think DCU is messed up, do we even know what is and isn’t in the records. Because Dick is older right I always though Kori was 22/23 similar to Barbara and Dick was maybe 25. I don’t know anymore. This also says what the hell happened to the missing ten years, does that mean Damien is going from 13 to 23,
    Dick was 21 as of Grayson, just like Babs was 21 as of Burnside. The DCU works as a sliding timeline, so Dick was 21 when he stopped being Batman and became Nightwing again, was 21 throughout Grayson which definitely took place over more than a year, etc. Basically, Dick's been 21 for more than 2 years, lol. And across the Rebirth timeline, it's been several months for Dick, two months passed in #15 of his solo alone, so it's not a stretch for him to be between 21 and 23 right now, but 25 is much too old for how he's written. I actually think it's weirder that Kory is only 20, but this is based on Kory saying she's 3 years older than Raven, who was 17 as of the first issue of the new Raven mini-series from Wolfman, but having not read it, I'm not sure when exactly that took place relative to the Rebirth Teen Titans run. So Kory may be 21 right now, or maybe only 19 if Raven only turns 17 a couple months after the events of Teen Titans #16. Tbh, I think her age is just going to change to be relatively the same as Dick's whenever they interact, just like Selina was randomly aged up to match Bruce again during and following the New 52.

Yeah... it's confusing. And I also agree that it's messed up. For example, DC missed their chance to up Supergirl's age to 20 so she could act more like her TV counterpart and join the Titans' generation instead of being stuck in Tim's but not being able to actually join any team. They also missed that chance to fix Raven and Gar's ages. Instead they pretty much just aged up Bruce, Damian, and Barry and called it a day...
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 02-07-2018 at 08:34 PM.

This was my idea for an eclectic space-centric JLA not too long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I just wanted to mention, I like the idea of the first and second teams. They just sound cool.
    Sometimes I get great ideas

The fourth one, it could work for sure,
    Must admit I’m pretty much struggle to who put on that team, I have the concept just not sure what heroes would be classed as science heroes. Maybe the atoms.
    but the third one... that just sounds like a big mess waiting to happen. It's already bad enough how the Batfam members have been categorized into what their specialty is and having their personalities stripped away to allow for easy interaction, it'd only get worse if they were all part of one big team and working together...
    And sometimes I don’t, I suppose the Bat Characters work best as a family where they aren’t stepping on each other’s toes every day but if something big happens in Gotham they will answer the call. Fair point though have to admit I’m a big family sort of guy so I like the bat family especially the way it seems set up (with a few minor changes). Where each Robin kinda has a Batgirl So Dick-Babs, Jason-Cass, Tim-Steph, I’m sure they can think of someone for Damian when the time is right.

Edit: Oops, forgot the reason I wanted to reply in the first place
    Easily done
    was to answer that Green Arrow question. And no, the Metal thing was the Gotham Resistance, in his own solo, Ollie joins the JL as a hidden member of some sort, idk how to describe it because Ollie basically doesn't explain it himself, lol. I've also fallen behind so I can really tell you more than that, but I do know the JL are meant to show up again in the final issue of the run.
    Maybe have to do some research on that but then again my point is that could change after no justice, I mean Ollie hasn’t joined the JL and appeared in a book since the new 52 JLA I believe.

Dick was 21 as of Grayson, just like Babs was 21 as of Burnside. The DCU works as a sliding timeline, so Dick was 21 when he stopped being Batman and became Nightwing again, was 21 throughout Grayson which definitely took place over more than a year, etc. Basically, Dick's been 21 for more than 2 years, lol. And across the Rebirth timeline, it's been several months for Dick, two months passed in #15 of his solo alone, so it's not a stretch for him to be between 21 and 23 right now, but 25 is much too old for how he's written.
    Fair enough I must have missed the 21 reference in Grayson, was it at the end or the start I’ll maybe see if I can find it.
    I actually think it's weirder that Kory is only 20, but this is based on Kory saying she's 3 years older than Raven, who was 17 as of the first issue of the new Raven mini-series from Wolfman, but having not read it, I'm not sure when exactly that took place relative to the Rebirth Teen Titans run. So Kory may be 21 right now, or maybe only 19 if Raven only turns 17 a couple months after the events of Teen Titans #16. Tbh, I think her age is just going to change to be relatively the same as Dick's whenever they interact, just like Selina was randomly aged up to match Bruce again during and following the New 52.
    Well truthfully if Dick is 21 and Kory is 20 then not much has to change, for me it just seems that they are shoving years of comics into like 2-3 years comic book time just so that the characters don’t get too old.

Yeah... it's confusing. And I also agree that it's messed up.
    Thank you

For example, DC missed their chance to up Supergirl's age to 20 so she could act more like her TV counterpart and join the Titans' generation instead of being stuck in Tim's but not being able to actually join any team. They also missed that chance to fix Raven and Gar's ages. Instead they pretty much just aged up Bruce, Damian, and Barry and called it a day...
    I think they left her there to maybe fill the void left by Kon-El and also so they didn’t need to think of a new codename for him because they want to push Jon as Superboy also Stephanie and Cassie Sandsmark have been shown to be good friends in the past so they could want Kara as a similar age peer. However here is a question what the hell is the age difference between the robins. Something like 2 years that’s crazy to me.
    Truth is the best policy

I would just like to reiterate that I want Justice League Detroit back after the reminder these characters appearances in dctv.

Vixen
    Martian Manhunter
    Vibe
    Gypsy (give her a new name that's not a slur to her own people)
    The Elongated Man
    Citizen Steel (who's on LoT, especially since Steel aka Hank is dead)
    Zatanna
    Batman
    Aquaman
    Firestorm

Everybody I named was in Justice League Detroit and is or was in the live action dctv in one form or another except Zatanna who might be in another book anyway and whose spot could easily be filled with Supergirl, Black Canary, or Killer Frost.

It would be a great book to bridge old and new fans as well bring in new readers who watch the DCTV shows, that's not to say that I want the comics and tv shows to be interwoven/interconnected or self reliant on each other, but I can totally see some ideas from live action transferring over etc for dynamic purposes.

The team is eccletic looking like they don't belong together, but that is a part of their appeal, I feel like some characters would get updated costumes if they haven't already, Batman would help keep sales afloat before (hopefully) a good writer could manage on.

I feel like this diverse team is on a silver platter waiting for DC to notice it.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

This was my idea for an eclectic space-centric JLA not too long ago...
    It would be great to see Wildfire in a monthly again.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Haha, not one member from the Titans team is in this. It is all JL and Teen Titans. Can we stop pretending like DC gives a shit about that team now and move on?
    Titans will make up the REAL A Team. Starro? Sinestro? Luthor after her finally shed the S plate and looked like he was ready to be all he can be again?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Flash on the team, of course.. https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...34962451841024

So Flash,Batman and Martian Manhunter confirmed so far...classic lineup so far. wonder if there will be any surprises.

To me it's a surprise the team went from two to zero Green Lanterns. Sinestro is there of course because Johns has been pushing him for years.

How can Team Wisdom not have Shazam/Captain Marvel? Colour scheme fits perfectly and the wisdom of Solomon, come on.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

From Twitter
    20180213_213108.jpg

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    From Twitter
    20180213_213108.jpg
    Can't imagine more than a cameo with 4 issues to introduce four different teams with so many characters.