Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    In the UK voting age is 18 and unless you're disabled or driving a moped a 16 yr old can only legally walk or bum a ride.
    Yeah, gotta be 17 to get a driving licence and you're right, gotta be 18 to vote.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wouldn't mind if there was a Justice League which does not feature the whole Big 7, I could see characters like Batman staying because he is the moneymaker as well as Wonder Woman, Jessica Cruz and Superman, and Barry Allen and Aquaman can be swapped with Wally I and Mera. Also I would like to see at least two or three non-Big 7 characters in the JL, like Vixen, Firestorm and Zatanna.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    And sometimes I don’t, I suppose the Bat Characters work best as a family where they aren’t stepping on each other’s toes every day but if something big happens in Gotham they will answer the call. Fair point though have to admit I’m a big family sort of guy so I like the bat family especially the way it seems set up (with a few minor changes). Where each Robin kinda has a Batgirl So Dick-Babs, Jason-Cass, Tim-Steph, I’m sure they can think of someone for Damian when the time is right.
    I always see Tim, Steph and Cass being the same age. Maybe Jason's Batgirl could be Helena Bertinelli or Bette Kane to contrast Jason's short-tempered personality and Damian's Batgirl could be Tiffany Fox or Carrie Kelly.
    Last edited by Incognito; 02-24-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    All I hope for with this new Justice League line is no more Big 7. I want a weird lineup for the main team. Spread the seven out.
    Satellite roster had a great balance that included Big 7 plus GA, Atom, the Hawks, Black Canary, Elongated Man, Red Tornado, Zatanna, and Firestorm.

I'd like to see a similar approach in the main JL book: big 7 but also another 7-8 characters whose stories are primarily being told in JL because they don't have solo books.

JLA was fun when it had a roster of 16 characters that came and went, with a good mix of A-list, B-list, and even C-list.

I'm still really hung up on Johns abandoning the new Element Woman (Emily Sung). She was a really fun character and seemed to have so much possibility. She seemed to shine through in a way that 'new,' legacy characters don't always do. Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz have also done this for me, mostly through Humphries' excellent run on Green Lanterns. And what do you know? There are three new heroes of color that are fantastic new characters and (with Cruz and Baz) are fan favorites.

But why drop Emily Sung/Element Woman? She was so unique. Her going to the Doom Patrol was a dangling plot thread I'd really like to see resolved with her rejoining one of the coming JL teams.

I feel similarly about a lot of the youngest generation of JSA characters who haven't been seen since Flashpoint and some of them are/were popular, new, and representing more diversity in a universe whose heroes are 95% white.

But I'm not just on a diversity soapbox.

Element Woman, Jessica Cruz, and Simon Baz have been some of the most memorable new characters in a long time. I'd put new Aqualad in that bunch too, going back to Brightest Day. (I'd definitely include Mime and Marionette in that category as well.) In the generations before their creation, a lot of great new characters (many of color) stuck while other great ones didn't.

I'd love to see more of Cassandra Cain and I'd love to see Jakeem Thunder and Maxine Hunkel back at all. I also miss Red Devil and Miss Martian.

But since this is a Justice League thread and I've gone way off topic my main point is "Bring Back Element Woman, DC!" And while you're at it, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if you found a way to bring back Atomica as a hero as well. I loved Atomica.

This debate isn’t necessary because its temporary teams which consist of a wide variety of heroes
    Spot on but I must cop to the fact that I haven't read the argument, only responding to your most current post. If my post is inappropriate given the context of your other posts, apologies. Again, just going on this one post.

No we have no idea about how the league looks after the event but we do know a family of books will be spun out of the event, we have no idea which of the team members will stay or go
    Since I've only read the one post maybe I'm reading you wrong but you seem to be concerned about Damian/kids in a JL book and if I have that right, I think we know just enough for you not to be too concerned about it. Here's what I mean (with apologies again if you've already been through this):

1. We know that this is a four-week Justice League, JLA, Teen Titans, Titans crossover and that none of those four titles are publishing that month. Their stories are being told in the No Justice storyline for one month. Hints seem to suggest these will not be the teams we'll be reading after May and that they're only as they are for purposes of the May event.

2. We've been told that teams would come out of No Justice and that some of the titles that aren't solicited in May will be back in some form, just not in May.

3. To me that means there will be some kind of JL titles and some kind of Titans titles coming out of No Justice.

4. If I'm right about the above, and it seems to me to be conventional wisdom that I am, I don't think you need to worry about kids in JL. You only need to worry about kids in a JL crossover.

The stuff you wrote about Starfire's and Raven's and Beast Boy's ages... DC has been jerking their ages around like crazy and I'm as frustrated as you are by it. It drives me up a wall actually to see them constantly de-aged and I think it disrespects the characters to continually set them back that way while their contemporaries are allowed to age and even mature to a point that it was natural to see them take over for their mentors in the "big League." The Fab Five all had this opportunity though Wally West was first and best to do it. Why are the non-sidekick characters (apart from a huge exception in Cyborg) constantly being de-aged to be teens? Especially Raven. It drives me up a wall so I hear you on that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I always see Tim, Steph and Cass being the same age.
    Pre-Flashpoint, Cass was a few months older than Jason, who was a year or two older than Tim, who was a year younger than Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    To me it's a surprise the team went from two to zero Green Lanterns. Sinestro is there of course because Johns has been pushing him for years.
    It's a one-month long crossover. These are not the teams after May.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I'm still really hung up on Johns abandoning the new Element Woman (Emily Sung). She was a really fun character and seemed to have so much possibility. She seemed to shine through in a way that 'new,' legacy characters don't always do. Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz have also done this for me, mostly through Humphries' excellent run on Green Lanterns. And what do you know? There are three new heroes of color that are fantastic new characters and (with Cruz and Baz) are fan favorites.

But why drop Emily Sung/Element Woman? She was so unique. Her going to the Doom Patrol was a dangling plot thread I'd really like to see resolved with her rejoining one of the coming JL teams.

I feel similarly about a lot of the youngest generation of JSA characters who haven't been seen since Flashpoint and some of them are/were popular, new, and representing more diversity in a universe whose heroes are 95% white.

But I'm not just on a diversity soapbox.

Element Woman, Jessica Cruz, and Simon Baz have been some of the most memorable new characters in a long time. I'd put new Aqualad in that bunch too, going back to Brightest Day. (I'd definitely include Mime and Marionette in that category as well.) In the generations before their creation, a lot of great new characters (many of color) stuck while other great ones didn't.

I'd love to see more of Cassandra Cain and I'd love to see Jakeem Thunder and Maxine Hunkel back at all. I also miss Red Devil and Miss Martian.

But since this is a Justice League thread and I've gone way off topic my main point is "Bring Back Element Woman, DC!" And while you're at it, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if you found a way to bring back Atomica as a hero as well. I loved Atomica.
    I totally agree with you here! I so wish they would have used her in the Terrifics and sent Metamorpho to outsiders.

If Titans weren't trash, Element Woman could be an interesting new member there.

Fantastic Member

I have a good hunch that the Benson sisters are gonna be writing an A-Force like JL title.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    I have a good hunch that the Benson sisters are gonna be writing an A-Force like JL title.
    Why do you believe so...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Well, we know they are writing the green arrow annual in May that features amanda waller and black canary, and apparently it's a no justice tie-in. I wonder if that will be connected to their actual run.

so DC is using the Bendis event strategy..interesting

those costume designs tho....
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Why do you believe so...
    Dragonpiece already mentioned the GA Annual, but for the past few weeks, Snyder has been mentioning the Benson sisters quite a lot, in terms of creators he's been sharing ideas with. Naturally, you had King and Bendis and Williamson and Tynion mentioned, but the Benson sisters were the odd ones out, imo.

Personally, I expect a new BoP book, but this time with Kendra and maybe Vixen as part of the team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Dragonpiece already mentioned the GA Annual, but for the past few weeks, Snyder has been mentioning the Benson sisters quite a lot, in terms of creators he's been sharing ideas with. Naturally, you had King and Bendis and Williamson and Tynion mentioned, but the Benson sisters were the odd ones out, imo.

Personally, I expect a new BoP book, but this time with Kendra and maybe Vixen as part of the team.
    Plus there's the fact that the Bensons already announced they're getting a new book come Summer.

For better or worse, I don't think they're getting a new BoP book, but rather a Babs, Cass and Steph book. I've talked about this on some other threads but there's just a ton of evidence to support the idea.