Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Good shout - especially as Detective is changing creative team, so the two former Batgirls could end up in limbo. Is that what they'd call such a book, Batgirls?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Plus there's the fact that the Bensons already announced they're getting a new book come Summer.

For better or worse, I don't think they're getting a new BoP book, but rather a Babs, Cass and Steph book. I've talked about this on some other threads but there's just a ton of evidence to support the idea.
    I could see them including Harper as well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good shout - especially as Detective is changing creative team, so the two former Batgirls could end up in limbo. Is that what they'd call such a book, Batgirls?
    Pretty sure we'd only get that title if the current Batgirl book ended, which IS possible. Like I said, there are a lot of signs pointing to it. BoP's over and so is Tynion's 'Tec. Batgirl is selling poorly, at this point almost as badly as Batwoman, so a relaunch would be in the cards with or without Cass and Steph. Then, add in that Babs is FINALLY gonna be talking with Cass and taking a stake in her life in this week's 'Tec and the Bensons having said before that they want to redevelop that relationship. And then there's the solicit for #980 which suggests the possibility of Cass and Steph rediscovering their old lives.

I wouldn't be terribly excited by the prospect of the Bensons writing this book (I'm not a fan based on the storyline of BoP I read) but anything, barring character assassination, is better than limbo. Maybe since they've become part of Snyder's inner circle, they'd even continue Tynion's plans for them.

I hope they wouldn't continue Tynion's plans for them. Tynion's plans for them sucked. He turned Steph from a genuinely fun and likable character, to a frustratingly miserable and unlikable character. And Orphan is DOA. That whole identity has been a nonstarter, and they know it. Both characters desperately need new plans.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-26-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I hope they wouldn't continue Tynion's plans for them. Tynion's plans for them sucked. He turned Steph from a genuinely fun and likable character, to a frustratingly miserable and unlikable character. And Orphan is DOA. That whole identity has been a nonstarter, and they know it. Both characters desperately need new plans.
    rebrand Birds of prey with cass and Steph working under Batgirl/oracle

letting chracters like Babs dinah Helena mentor and train future crime fighting women of gotham, flesh out the team with others like Maps, Maya, Rikko,Harper Tim

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Sorta news, not really: "It was announced that the Benson sisters are writing the

Green Arrow Annual #2, with art by Cameron Carmero. On sale 5/30. "We can't tell you too much except this is a No Justice perspective from the roots on the ground.""

https://www.newsarama.com/38857-eccc...dis-panel.html

Also Tynion was asked about what his dream DC book would be, could he be hinting at writing Teen Titans? " Tynion said Teen Titans. "I really want to do a Teen Titans series. It would have to be Geoff Johns' Titans. That's the definitive run for me.""

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Sorta news, not really: "It was announced that the Benson sisters are writing the

Green Arrow Annual #2, with art by Cameron Carmero. On sale 5/30. "We can't tell you too much except this is a No Justice perspective from the roots on the ground.""

Also Tynion was asked about what his dream DC book would be, could he be hinting at writing Teen Titans? " Tynion said Teen Titans. "I really want to do a Teen Titans series. It would have to be Geoff Johns' Titans. That's the definitive run for me.""
    Maybe he’s writing that book, but it’ll be called Young Justice instead. Also, I’m not a fan of him saying it “has to be Johns’ Titans.” That never works out, just look at X-Men Gold.

Thanks for the link. Here's my favorite takeaway:
    James Tynion talked about the process working with Scott Snyder in the Batverse. He mentioned that Scott writes the script outloud.
    I'm now imagining Snyder sitting by himself reading is long monologues out loud and thinking, "Yup. This is good."
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Well of course they won't call it YJ ugh.the only reason I would be ok with it being called TT,is because I just know they are gonna throw some Geoff TT characters,like BB, Starfire,and Raven,and they DO NOT belong in YJ.

Tim is moving in his own direction in the Detective comics books,and the other YJ3 will help him

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what they do with Damian on this team and In the UK voting age is 18 and unless you're disabled or driving a moped a 16 yr old can only legally walk or bum a ride.
    Actually you cant get a full driving licence until you are at least 17 however you are allowed a provisional which would allow you to drive with an adult in the car (ie for lessons) after 15 years and 9 months. While you are a learner you can only go at a maximum of 45mph however at 16 you can drive (you can also do it if you get a higher rate mobility benefit) however at 13 you cant. As for the voting thing its been a while but you are right you can vote at 18 however in my own defense 3/4 isn’t bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I always see Tim, Steph and Cass being the same age. Maybe Jason's Batgirl could be Helena Bertinelli or Bette Kane to contrast Jason's short-tempered personality and Damian's Batgirl could be Tiffany Fox or Carrie Kelly.
    True enough wasn’t sure of any good choices for Damian’s Batgirl you know because he is only 13 but thanks for the suggestions. I like the thought of Jason’s too really need to give that some consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Spot on but I must cop to the fact that I haven't read the argument, only responding to your most current post. If my post is inappropriate given the context of your other posts, apologies. Again, just going on this one post.
    Fair enough.

Since I've only read the one post maybe I'm reading you wrong but you seem to be concerned about Damian/kids in a JL book and if I have that right, I think we know just enough for you not to be too concerned about it.
    I don’t know if concerned would be the word I would use, I just don’t like it.

We know that this is a four-week Justice League, JLA, Teen Titans, Titans crossover and that none of those four titles are publishing that month. Their stories are being told in the No Justice storyline for one month. Hints seem to suggest these will not be the teams we'll be reading after May and that they're only as they are for purposes of the May event.
    I think it’s a stretch from what I have heard to call it a crossover, one issue I know some fans have is that it looks like the Titans are getting the short end of the stick with the Teen Titans going into space and the Titans being left behind.

We've been told that teams would come out of No Justice and that some of the titles that aren't solicited in May will be back in some form, just not in May.
    That’s true I guess

To me that means there will be some kind of JL titles and some kind of Titans titles coming out of No Justice.
    I have heard of a family of JL books haven’t heard anything about Titans yet.

If I'm right about the above, and it seems to me to be conventional wisdom that I am, I don't think you need to worry about kids in JL. You only need to worry about kids in a JL crossover.
    Which is why I think I’ll wait for the June/July solications before I either calm down or hit the roof. 😊

The stuff you wrote about Starfire's and Raven's and Beast Boy's ages... DC has been jerking their ages around like crazy and I'm as frustrated as you are by it. It drives me up a wall actually to see them constantly de-aged and I think it disrespects the characters to continually set them back that way while their contemporaries are allowed to age and even mature to a point that it was natural to see them take over for their mentors in the "big League." The Fab Five all had this opportunity though Wally West was first and best to do it. Why are the non-sidekick characters (apart from a huge exception in Cyborg) constantly being de-aged to be teens? Especially Raven. It drives me up a wall so I hear you on that.
    I have no answer for you, I wish I did I mean you could stretch it to Batgirl and Supergirl as well. Ages in the DCU are not the easiest to figure out.
    Truth is the best policy

"Very excited for the news coming soon regarding books rolling out of Metal and No Justice. Some old favorites return, some brand new projects, some mixes, going to be fun"

https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...407063552?s=19
    A Hawkman solo was announced and is spinning out of Metal.

Do we think there are any other books coming out of Metal?

As for No Justice, we finally know the roster of the main Justice League book that will spin out of No Justice.

And as previously stated Bleeding Cool is adamant that Titans/Teen Titans/Supergirl is becoming one book.

Does anyone have any new ideas about what books are coming out of No Justice?

And last but not least a mini for Plastic Man and a Teen Titans special, do we believe these are books spinning out of metal/No Justice or are they just books DC is deciding to do...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

As for No Justice, we finally know the roster of the main Justice League book that will spin out of No Justice.

And as previously stated Bleeding Cool is adamant that Titans/Teen Titans/Supergirl is becoming one book.

And last but not least a mini for Plastic Man and a Teen Titans special, do we believe these are books spinning out of metal/No Justice or are they just books DC is deciding to do...
    Aside from the Dark Matter books? The Terrifics definitely owes a lot to Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Maybe he’s writing that book, but it’ll be called Young Justice instead. Also, I’m not a fan of him saying it “has to be Johns’ Titans.” That never works out, just look at X-Men Gold.
    John’s teen titans had a couple of characters that don’t exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

Where is the article stating that the titans, teens and supergirl are merging?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Where is the article stating that the titans, teens and supergirl are merging?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...ns-merge-2018/

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...young-justice/

As stated previously this is from Bleeding Cool, so it's about 50/50.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 03-15-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer