Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    You're going to be left hoping it seems. With the exception of Hal, DC doesn't seem to give a damn about any of those characters you mentioned.

Wally, like the rest of that team, will be left to rot in a directionless Titans series.

DC published a monthly title where they pretty much shat on Ted as hero or JL member and Booster Gold was kept in limbo for years.

John, Guy and Kyle haven't been JL members in years! I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

No need for Ray Palmer when Ryan Chou is already featured in the lineup with Flash's team.

Anyway I'm glad we're getting away from the Big 7 lineup but I hate that they're adding villains to the team (ie Starro, Sinestro, Harley)! Also is Teen Titans ending? Because 4 of their members have curiously found a new home! On a side note, Flash and Wonder Woman totally have the best teams!
    Can we accept Lobo on the League at least- The Main Man's been with the JLA for a Year and he's earned his place, and Slade I'd say is just a bastard, and based off the Defiance Arc in his title, he does want to make a difference now and Lex isnt a 'Bad Guy' currently. As for Wally- He's returning to Williamson's Flash title now and Williamson said he's been allowed to use him in a more regular capacity now- he wasnt before. Ted needs a new home after Jaime's book ends and his costume and JLI days are back in canon. Booster's in play a lot between Action atm and Batman in April. And the Lanterns not being on the League for a while- Neither have Dr Fate, Etrigan and J'onn
    Last edited by Denirac; 01-26-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Sounds cool to me. I like pretty much everyone and it will be cool seeing Harley and Deathstroke doing JLA stuff. Probably get all these depending on what else we hear about them by the time they come out.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Snyder confirms that the new JL books will be launching out of these teams.

https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...27181976342528
    Can't imagine that the kids or the villains will be part of the JL proper after this. So I would assume the new JL roster will be based on the remaining characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Can we accept Lobo on the League at least- The Main Man's been with the JLA for a Year and he's earned his place, and Slade I'd say is just a bastard, and based off the Defiance Arc in his title, he does want to make a difference now
    I'd be more accepting of them if it didn't mean several actual heroes, who actually belong with the JL, would be left in limbo.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Can't imagine that the kids or the villains will be part of the JL proper after this. So I would assume the new JL roster will be based on the remaining characters.
    Aside from Lobo, I'd agree, Lobo's a mainstay for JLA and has been for a year, so Lobo will likely remain a Leaguer

I'd be more accepting of them if it didn't mean several actual heroes, who actually belong with the JL, would be left in limbo.
    I'd say Slade and Lex are temporary, Lobo probably is staying to (ironically) be the Batman's Big Gun.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

You're going to be left hoping it seems. With the exception of Hal, DC doesn't seem to give a damn about any of those characters you mentioned.

Wally, like the rest of that team, will be left to rot in a directionless Titans series.

DC published a monthly title where they pretty much shat on Ted as hero or JL member and Booster Gold was kept in limbo for years.

John, Guy and Kyle haven't been JL members in years! I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

No need for Ray Palmer when Ryan Choi is already featured in the lineup with Flash's team.

Anyway I'm glad we're getting away from the Big 7 lineup but I hate that they're adding villains to the team (ie Starro, Sinestro, Harley)!
    Also is Teen Titans ending? Because 4 of their members have curiously found a new home! On a side note, Wonder Woman totally has the best teams!
    My exact feeling. I'm so happy we moving away from the big 7 but damn, I wanted the heroes who we barely see nowadays not damn villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be fair, some of these characters we haven't see on the League in years.

I mean, we haven't even seen Martian Manhunter since his cameo in the Rebirth special and a cameo in Priest's Justice League.
    True. My biggest gripe is with the villains mainly, I'm fine with MM.

What fresh hell is this?!?

I'm strangely interested in it. Probably because it rides on Metal's waves and I've really loved this event so far (it may, obviously, change, if the end is botched). The Wonder and Entropy teams are definitely my favourite based on their line up, the Wisdom coming a distant third (thanks to Barry and Cyborg) and the Space team dead last by a wide margin, considering that only Starfire interest me as a character...

Mighty Member

Looks like Priest was always going to be a temporary thing. Too bad, but I can't say the prospect of Scott Snyder and Joshua Williamson on Justice League is too upsetting.

Extraordinary Member

Okay, can artists please please stop drawing Beast Boy as if he's prepubescent?

This makes him look 12. Yet in other appearances, like Priest's Deathstrok series, we see that he's much older looking. Compare the picture from above to this one:

In the latter, you can see that he has more defined musculature and, while he's squatting, you could probably tell that he's much taller. And even in Teen Titans, we can see he's the same height as Starfire, an adult woman:

In the latter appearances, he would probably be no younger than 18 or 19, but in the first one, he looks like he isn't even old enough to cross the street unattended. I've never seen a character portrayed so inconsistently. Come one, DC.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-26-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Just realized, but I guess we know now why the Sanctuary Initative will be launched in-universe now. I guess the events of No-Justice and the following JL titles will be the reasons for it coming into the spotlight.

Extraordinary Member

The only thing that's really exciting to me at the moment is seeing Martian Manhunter back on the League and in a more Pre-Flashpoint looking costume, which IMO is pretty awesome. It harkens back to this look:

I'm assuming though that the black patches on everyone's costumes are only for this life of this event, however. IMO, that's a good thing. Get those black blotches off of Superman.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-26-2018 at 05:22 PM.

I wonder who are the four Celestial like faces in the background.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Looking on the bright side, we might get a new creative team for Detective Comics.
    I'm hoping that will be the case as well.

In any case Snyder and Tynion being involved makes this a hard pass for me. And WTH DC you put Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Starfire on these teams and exclude Nightwing in the initial stages.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG