Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    It is my hope that, when the dust clears from Rebirth, related Rebirth-like stories, and Doomsday Clock, there will be enough changes to Diana's origin to permit Donna to have a story like the one I described, and they'll give her one. But long years of experience suggest otherwise.
    Slightly OT, but am I to conclude by what you've written here, and what Agent 86 wrote above, that there's another Event on the horizon and that DC is going start fresh with continuity? I'm not buying any DC books right now so I've no idea what's going on.

Suffering Sappho! Isn't Rebirth a mere two or three years old??

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Slightly OT, but am I to conclude by what you've written here, and what Agent 86 wrote above, that there's another Event on the horizon and that DC is going start fresh with continuity? I'm not buying any DC books right now so I've no idea what's going on.

Rebirth is the establishing, er, re-establishing of a lot of post-Crisis continuity (a lot, but some elements of New52 remain). Essentially kicked off with the return of original Wally West and the reveal of pre-Flashpoint Superman (and family).

The real events, right now, are Dark Knights Metal and Doomsday Clock (not to be confused with the Kryptonian monster). Dark Knights Metal has brought up the Dark Multiverse (where things go VERY wrong) and re-introduced hypertime. Doomsday Clock is diving into what led up to Flashpoint and New52 (Doctor Manhattan interfering with time, space, and memories when Barry tried to undo Flashpoint).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Rebirth is the establishing, er, re-establishing of a lot of post-Crisis continuity (a lot, but some elements of New52 remain). Essentially kicked off with the return of original Wally West and the reveal of pre-Flashpoint Superman (and family).

The real events, right now, are Dark Knights Metal and Doomsday Clock (not to be confused with the Kryptonian monster). Dark Knights Metal has brought up the Dark Multiverse (where things go VERY wrong) and re-introduced hypertime. Doomsday Clock is diving into what led up to Flashpoint and New52 (Doctor Manhattan interfering with time, space, and memories when Barry tried to undo Flashpoint).
    Okaaaaaay. Well, thank you. (And people wonder why the comic-reading audience keeps shrinking. Who, besides die-hard completists, would be interested in tracking all of this?)

Rebirth feels like the messy precursor of Doomsday Clock to me. In that, it's supposed to be messy with Wally West returning and Jay Garrick showing up briefly and The Button showing that things aren't what they seem. In effect, Doctor Manhattan keeps messing with things so continuity is a mess and worlds like Earth 2 came and went through different incarnations.

It's a long rebirthing cycle now since Doomsday Clock got pushed out. It may be still a bit of a loose free for all until Doomsday Clock resets/rebirths/remembers/revamps the multiverse "the way it's supposed to be." (In terms of Amazon-related changes, I hope it gives us back a recognizable, classic Donna and Cassie.)

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post

Rebirth, in a way, is still going on. Superman:Rebirth made it clear that "someone" (almost certainly Doctor Manhattan) made changes to DCU history and, specifically, "took 10 years away" from the heroes. Superman now has those 10 years back, as well as some other changes from what was left over from The New 52. (For example, his romance with Wonder Woman has been removed from continuity.) That's how he and Lois can be married and have a son who is - what? 12 years old?

In theory, this suggests that everybody should have their 10 years back now, since they all remember their interactions with the Superman of this new continuity, and their careers have to, more or less, synch up. But we haven't seen the effects of that change on the other heroes in the same way that we've seen them on the Super-Family.

And Doctor Manhattan will probably make further changes to DCU history and continuity by the time Doomsday Clock is done - perhaps undoing a lot of the changes he made, but keeping others and making a few more. So we are still in a time of transition - confusing, convoluted, unclear transition.

It is my hope that, when the dust clears, most of the confusion, convolution, and lack of clarity will be left behind. But I wouldn't bet my weekly comic-book budget on it. At least, not without being offered very good odds.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Rebirth, in a way, is still going on. Superman:Rebirth made it clear that "someone" (almost certainly Doctor Manhattan) made changes to DCU history and, specifically, "took 10 years away" from the heroes. Superman now has those 10 years back, as well as some other changes from what was left over from The New 52. (For example, his romance with Wonder Woman has been removed from continuity.) That's how he and Lois can be married and have a son who is - what? 12 years old?

In theory, this suggests that everybody should have their 10 years back now, since they all remember their interactions with the Superman of this new continuity, and their careers have to, more or less, synch up. But we haven't seen the effects of that change on the other heroes in the same way that we've seen them on the Super-Family.

And Doctor Manhattan will probably make further changes to DCU history and continuity by the time Doomsday Clock is done - perhaps undoing a lot of the changes he made, but keeping others and making a few more. So we are still in a time of transition - confusing, convoluted, unclear transition.

It is my hope that, when the dust clears, most of the confusion, convolution, and lack of clarity will be left behind. But I wouldn't bet my weekly comic-book budget on it. At least, not without being offered very good odds.
    Jon is actually 10 years old.

What's more, both Bruce and Diana were now there for Jon's birth.

But yeah, not only are the memories coming back, but pre-Flashpoint origins are as well. Tim Drake being one of those.