Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I understood exactly what you said. It was the comic character I was referring to.
    And you were implying that if I knew any 13 year old girls and how they behave, and accept that this is how they are like, that I'd like the comic character too. But that's not the issue. Here's the deal. Comic books tell stories, and stories have narrative structures, and characters have their role to play in the narrative. The role played by the character Gabby is taking away important moments from the character Laura.

I'll elaborate in Laura's thread as this is a derailment.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Why would the Genocidal Witch lead the X-Men? To kill them again? Who's the next? Red Skull lead the Avengers?
    Jean leading the X-Men and Wanda leading the Avengers.
    I'm tired of hating the Scarlet Witch. I want to move on and like her crazy ass again. I want to like Black Bolt again... but that'll take significantly longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm tired of hating the Scarlet Witch. I want to move on and like her crazy ass again. I want to like Black Bolt again... but that'll take significantly longer.
    I just wanna pretend Wanda doesn't exist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Okay, so Wanda, Black Bolt and Medusa will pay for what they did, right?! And they will receive the same treatment as Cyclops... for six years.

So if the X-Men and Avengers recognize that Cyclops was right...
    If Avengers and X-Men recognize that they were hypocrites and idiots, and yeah, Ciclope was right...
    If Beast, Storm, Iceman, Captain America, Tony Stark, Clint Barton, Maria Hill, Magik, Tyke and Wolverine formally apologize to Cyclops...
    And if they say... "Cyclops was right!"...
    So yeah, I'll forgive Wanda, Captain America, Black Bolt, Medusa, Beast and so on. That's it.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Avengers Vs X-Men... that was a really bad crossover that rarely made any sense. Poorly drawn for the most as well. Especially that Beach brawl in the first couple issues... my goodness, all that was missing was a big dust cloud "POW" "BANG" sound fx bubbles. It really annoys me when talking heads on YouTube gas movie watchers up for this idea like it was a good story. It was horrid and illconceived. Why would anyone want to see more of this Hero vs Hero foolishness? Why not expand on the notion that all reality ended a couple years ago and only a handfull of people are aware of it? I think if people knew they were on their second life, it'd create some interesting talking points, especially if they knew who was involved, responsible and how it was resolved.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Avengers/X-Men crossover?! Why.....? Can’t we just have our X-Men stories without tainting them with Avengers? And this sounds like an event. Weren’t we supposed to have 18 months after Secret Empire without any events?! As far as I can tell we’ve had multiple small events since then and a build up for another massive event involving the Infinity Gems has already started yet again and this sounds like another big event.
    They promised no major events. They were specifically referencing line-wide events that are supposed to "change the shape of the Marvel universe forever" and also said smaller events would continue. Since they don't have the major events and, frankly, major events are still a comic company's best seller, they've increased the volume of smaller events. A crossover involving 2-4 books is definitely not a major event. Whatever is going on with the Infinity Gems could be, but we don't know. My suspicion is it's going to be similar to No Surrender - something self-contained in one book that ships multiple times a month that will then spin off into various books at the end.

I certainly don't think anyone has to agree with Marvel's decision to do so many crossovers or specifically this crossover, but people either never read the original quote, don't remember the original quote, or are being very disingenuous with what Marvel said. Either way, I don't think it's fair to accuse Marvel of being dishonest about this when they flat out said smaller events would continue.

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    "Most" as in most of All New Wolverine readers, or X-Men fans in general? I might agree with you on the former, but I highly doubt the latter is true. And if you were to include all of Marvel comics readers, it's safe to say that Gabby is not a loved character, if they even know of her.
    I think the problem is this ends up being an argument against new characters rather than in favor of it. Great new characters are being created, but most people don't care, they just want to see the old characters. It's why the first question when there's a new X-book is "what's the lineup?" If the answer was "an entire team of new, untested characters," the response would be "I don't care about that."
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think the problem is this ends up being an argument against new characters rather than in favor of it. Great new characters are being created, but most people don't care, they just want to see the old characters. It's why the first question when there's a new X-book is "what's the lineup?" If the answer was "an entire team of new, untested characters," the response would be "I don't care about that."
    So much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

Well, I think there's a lot more to this than meets the eye.

I do think a lot of people like new characters. I am one of those that loves a good retro team, but also loves new characters. I like when a team of established characters gets one or two new characters. In this style of introducing a new character, the audience get to learn about the newbie(s) slowly and see how they interact with the vets. This is how characters like Kitty, Jubilee, Gambit, Bishop, Pixie, Cecilia, Beak, etc got either introduced or really pushed. I also LOVE when a team of new characters gets introduced (ie: New X-Men, Generation X, Generation Hope, New Mutants, etc). I could be wrong, but I think a lot of people feel the same way.

I think where the most recent complaints are coming from stems from fatigue with new characters getting introduced and then never utilized again so that a new Wolverine, time displaced original X-Man, or Bloodstorm can take the spotlight. Over the last 20 years we've met Hellion, Surge, Hope, Elixir, Wind Dancer, Wallflower, Mercury, Quentin, Kid Gladiator, Broo, Oya, Nature Girl, Evan, Hindsight, Dust, Blindfold, Prodigy, Bling, Beak, Angel, Idie, Pixie, Goldballs, No Girl, Gazing Nightshade, Eva Bell, Hijack, Triage, Morph, Shark Girl, Anole, Rockslide, The Stepford Cuckoos, Transonic, Eye Boy, etc etc etc. The list can go on and on. Anywho, so many fans embraced these characters for the short time they were featured. I think many fans would just like to see some of these characters get some time in the sun again. And, it's not just these characters. There are older vets that just get guest spots if they're lucky, that many would like to see revisited again like Dazzler, Havok, Captain Britain, Meggan, Sage, Lifeguard, Slipstream, Kylun, Cerise, X-Man, Moonstar, Karma, Cecilia Reyes, Warlock, Cypher, Nocturne, Wild Child, Siryn, Firestar, Justice, Frenzy, Marrow, Pete Wisdom, Daytripper, Layla Miller, Husk, Chamber, etc etc. There's just SO many characters in the X-Universe that have a fan base (even if it's small) that would like to see some of these unused characters get some attention rather than focusing on a new Wolverine character or a time displaced original X-Man. Personally, I'm more interested in a character like Trinary than I am in a character like Jimmy or Gabby.

At least this is what I've gathered from my own personal feelings as well as the sentiments of several vocal customers at my shop. I know there are people at this board that love new Wolverines and the time displaced O5 AND I know there are people at this board that hate all new characters as well. So, maybe I'm just talking about those that fall in the middle?
    Last edited by Shadowcat99; 01-28-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    Well, I think there's a lot more to this than meets the eye.

I do think a lot of people like new characters. I am one of those that loves a good retro team, but also loves new characters. I like when a team of established characters gets one or two new characters. In this style of introducing a new character, the audience get to learn about the newbie(s) slowly and see how they interact with the vets. This is how characters like Kitty, Jubilee, Gambit, Bishop, Pixie, Cecilia, Beak, etc got either introduced or really pushed. I also LOVE when a team of new characters gets introduced (ie: New X-Men, Generation X, Generation Hope, New Mutants, etc). I could be wrong, but I think a lot of people feel the same way.

I think where the most recent complaints are coming from stems from fatigue with new characters getting introduced and then never utilized again so that a new Wolverine, time displaced original X-Man, or Bloodstorm can take the spotlight. Over the last 20 years we've met Hellion, Surge, Hope, Elixir, Wind Dancer, Wallflower, Mercury, Quentin, Kid Gladiator, Broo, Oya, Nature Girl, Evan, Hindsight, Dust, Blindfold, Prodigy, Bling, Beak, Angel, Idie, Pixie, Goldballs, No Girl, Gazing Nightshade, Eva Bell, Hijack, Triage, Morph, Shark Girl, Anole, Rockslide, The Stepford Cuckoos, Transonic, Eye Boy, etc etc etc. The list can go on and on. Anywho, so many fans embraced these characters for the short time they were featured. I think many fans would just like to see some of these characters get some time in the sun again. And, it's not just these characters. There are older vets that just get guest spots if they're lucky, that many would like to see revisited again like Dazzler, Havok, Captain Britain, Meggan, Sage, Lifeguard, Slipstream, Kylun, Cerise, X-Man, Moonstar, Karma, Cecilia Reyes, Warlock, Cypher, Nocturne, Wild Child, Siryn, Firestar, Justice, Frenzy, Marrow, Pete Wisdom, Daytripper, Layla Miller, Husk, Chamber, etc etc. There's just SO many characters in the X-Universe that have a fan base (even if it's small) that would like to see some of these unused characters get some attention rather than focusing on a new Wolverine character or a time displaced original X-Man. Personally, I'm more interested in a character like Trinary than I am in a character like Jimmy or Gabby.

At least this is what I've gathered from my own personal feelings as well as the sentiments of several vocal customers at my shop. I know there are people at this board that love new Wolverines and the time displaced O5 AND I know there are people at this board that hate all new characters as well. So, maybe I'm just talking about those that fall in the middle?
    Completely agree with all of this!

My guesses for the which one-shots the "Hunt for Wolverine" writers will be handling:

"Adamantium Agenda" - Ed Brisson

"Claws of the Killer" - Matthew Rosenberg

"Mystery in Madripoor" - Kelly Thompson

"Weapon Lost" - Charles Soule

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My guesses for the which one-shots the "Hunt for Wolverine" writers will be handling:

"Adamantium Agenda" - Ed Brisson

"Claws of the Killer" - Matthew Rosenberg

"Mystery in Madripoor" - Kelly Thompson

"Weapon Lost" - Charles Soule
    I'm gonna guess Deodato teamed up with Brisson, Stegman teamed up with Soule, and Pacheco teamed up with Rosenberg. One of them is either doubling up for Thompson or the leaker doesn't know who she's working with.

-Cable potentially gets a big push
    -Weapon X is getting a roster change-up

Seems that Cable could potentially join Weapon X. I sure hope so, Old Man Logan and Cable need to interact.

I’m betting if Cable joins, it’ll be OML he replaces honestly. Or I could see younger Logan joining up in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    -Cable potentially gets a big push
    -Weapon X is getting a roster change-up

Seems that Cable could potentially join Weapon X. I sure hope so, Old Man Logan and Cable need to interact.
    But then it's basically X-Force in all but name .

BANNED

Just copying my thoughts as posted elsewhere regarding an Avengers/X-Men crossover title:
    The potential for stories with Jean Grey+Scarlet Witch, Beast+Wonder Man, Dani Moonstar+Valkyrie, Rogue+Captain Marvel etc. is really exciting if done right. But knowing how all of our other X-Men interactions with other teams in the MU have been in recent years, I'm anxious about what this may look like.

And I'd honestly much rather than Weapon X just relaunched as X-Force with a new creative team. The roster should keep Warpath + Domino. Cable should lead (giving him more exposure) and then a selection of mutants fit for X-Force: Daken, Siryn/Morrigan, Boom-Boom, Shatterstar, Marrow, Adam-X, Forge, Sage, Dr. Nemesis, Spiral, Blink, Dead Girl, Empath, Random..... maybe even a revolving cast depending on what the mission requires