Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Christopher Priest spotted at Marvel Comics creative retreat

So, for those who doesn't know who Christopher Priest is, he is "just" one of the best contemporary comic book writers out there, currently writer of two critically books for DC Comics, Justice League and Deathstroke, the last one nominated for an Eisner last year.

Here's a picture of him:

And here's a screencap of the promo that Marvel posted at the exact moment he shows up, 43 seconds into the video:

With the new "No Justice" saga happening over at DC, it seems that Scott Snyder might be the one writing that book in the future, and I honestly believe that Marvel Comics scored one of the biggest hires in a decade with Christopher. He is one of the best comic book writers out there and the prospect of having him as an exclusive Marvel Comics writer excites me one hell of lot more than Bendis putting the underpants over Superman pants at DC(ugh).

“I was a little horrified when the words ‘Black’ and ‘Panther’ came out of Joe’s mouth,” he would later write. “I mean, Black Panther? Who reads Black Panther? Black Panther?!” But they were adamant, and Priest acquiesced — with “one basic stipulation: Black Panther could not be ‘a black book.’ ” Even though he had become the best interpreter of race in the game, Priest saw something troubling happening to his career. “I stopped being a writer, or being thought of as a writer,” he tells me, “and started being thought of as a black writer.”
    Source: http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/chris...sappeared.html

Knowing that Priest is one of the best comic book writers out there that truly doesn't want the stigma of being a "black writer", what would you want him to write? I say give him one of the big books and other where he can do whatever he wants and make a gem like Deathstroke. So I'm thinking maybe Wolverine, one of the Avengers or X-Men books and give him free reign over the Inhumans or The Defenders, maybe? What about you? Are you excited that one of the best Marvel writers is back home? 'Cause I know I am.
    Last edited by ijacksparrow; 01-27-2018 at 10:58 PM.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Best Black Panther writer ever of all times, hope he writes T'challa again.

Coates is a great Black Panther writer. I agree that Priest is the best, but I don't want him to write a book he doesn't want to. I truly hope they give him a flagship book, Marvel Comics getting Christopher Priest is fucking huge news, and one hell of a trade for Bendis.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

Extraordinary Member

I hope he isn't going exclusive at Marvel, though. His Deathstroke run is just too good to let go. I hope he can still continue with it.

As for what he might write. Hmmm. I mean, they haven't announced the new ASM writer yet (I think?). Could Priest be the guy?
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-27-2018 at 11:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Best Black Panther writer ever of all times, hope he writes T'challa again.
    Agreed. I love his BP run. Btw, have you checked out his Deathstroke? He's actually created a Black Panther pastiche to act as Slade's "frenemy," Red Lion, who is just a ton of fun to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I hope he isn't going exclusive at Marvel, though. His Deathstroke run is just too good to let go. I hope he can still continue with it.

As for what he might write. Hmmm. I mean, they haven't announced the new ASM writer yet (I think?). Could Priest be the guy?
    I'd definitely be down for that, but I doubt it. Amazing Spider-Man often double ships and has an insane pace, not sure if he'd sign on that. I don't want Dan Slott to leave but I'd love to have Priest in the book, I'm just not sure if he'd do it.
    Pull list:

Whatever he wants to write will be amazing

But selfishly, I want from him on Avengers, a Monica Rambeau solo or Spidey.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    I'd definitely be down for that, but I doubt it. Amazing Spider-Man often double ships and has an insane pace, not sure if he'd sign on that. I don't want Dan Slott to leave but I'd love to have Priest in the book, I'm just not sure if he'd do it.
    Very true. Hm. Fantastic Four relaunch?

Maybe F4, that could be great. Based on his Deathstroke run, I think maybe Punisher and the Denfenders book would be something he'd be interested on, maybe even Uncanny Avengers or whatever Avengers books come out after No Surrender.
    Pull list:

BANNED

Is he going to Marvel though?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Is he going to Marvel though?
    He was at the Marvel creative retreat and people that go there usually are all exclusive writers. For example, Gail Simone is writing Domino but she wasn't spotted there and probably wasn't there. It's safe to say that it's very likely he is signing or has already signed an exclusive contract with them. The fact that Marvel Comics hasn't said anything yet and just that video is annoying me though. This is as big as Bendis going to DC, and still... nothing.
    Pull list:

The Fantastic Four relaunch, please! It will need a great writer and Priest imho would be a better choice than anyone currently writing for Marvel.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

BANNED

Why couldn't he be the one taking over Iron Man? Sigh... Also, it seems like Deathstroke will be ending after the 6-Part Deathstroke vs Batman arc ends, which is a shame. The Society's debate on the nature of Evil was a high point of the past year for me. Either way, I'll be sure to check out whatever he lands on.

My first thought was Defenders.

Wolverine book could be fun.

Give him the Inhumans and let him run wild.