Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...riters-summit/

Christopher Priest and Jonathan Hickman at the Marvel creative retreat?! Make Mine Marvel INDEED.
    I wouldn't have recognized Hickman with his hair much longer now!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Never forget that Ant-Man and Superior Foes of Spidey were pretty good.
    His Ant-Man is why I'm worried about him on Spider-Man.

Christopher Priest and Jonathan Hickman at the Marvel creative retreat?! Make Mine Marvel INDEED.
    Huh. I wonder what they did to lure Hickman back, though I recall Cebulksi had a good relationship with him.

Hickman back? That's some good news!

Also I would be happy to read Spencer on Spider-Man.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh. I wonder what they did to lure Hickman back, though I recall Cebulksi had a good relationship with him.
    Don't think they needed to lure him back. He always insisted he was taking a break not breaking his ties. His relationship with Breevort was probably the most productive and inspirational writer/editor combo in modern Marvel.

Undoubtedly he won't want to take on anywhere near the workload he had previously, but I somehow can't imagine him writing anything too small. He is a grand concept kind of guy. He would also be ideal as a consultant / story concept guy if Marvel wanted to reconfigure their line.

Hickman's mindset on twitter currently is certainly interesting, haha:

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/957794435068321792

So excited for both Priest and Hickman back on Marvel!
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Well that was a short break. Whatever happened to Hickman's rumored DC project?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

This is... once again, interesting, btw, in retrospect, regarding Hickman:

http://comicbook.com/2018/01/18/is-j...l-or-dc-work-/

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/953756244338266113
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Priest on Incredible Hulk or Thor would be sweet.
    It would be amazing!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This is... once again, interesting, btw, in retrospect, regarding Hickman:

http://comicbook.com/2018/01/18/is-j...l-or-dc-work-/

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/953756244338266113
    not really, he was trolling. Don't know if this is your first time reading Hickman's twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    not really, he was trolling. Don't know if this is your first time reading Hickman's twitter
    It isn't. And I don't think that's trolling. I think they are half-truths. Like, he's joking, but not really. And it'd be clever if he goes back to Marvel not jump right back to the Avengers or Fantastic Four. The X-Men is the kind of grand concept that fits Hickman like a glove.

Wild guesses:

Christopher Priest's Incredible Hulk, Defenders, Black Panther, Spider-Man or new Miles book;
    Jonathan Hickman's Uncanny X-Men, Eternals maybe? I'd love him on Spider-Man.
    Pull list:

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It isn't. And I don't think that's trolling. I think they are half-truths. Like, he's joking, but not really. And it'd be clever if he goes back to Marvel not jump right back to the Avengers or Fantastic Four. The X-Men is the kind of grand concept that fits Hickman like a glove.

Wild guesses:

Christopher Priest's Incredible Hulk, Defenders, Black Panther, Spider-Man or new Miles book;
    I think he'd be just as interested in a Doom solo

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Well that was a short break. Whatever happened to Hickman's rumored DC project?
    about 2 years or more

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Is Remender coming back?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Don't think they needed to lure him back. He always insisted he was taking a break not breaking his ties. His relationship with Breevort was probably the most productive and inspirational writer/editor combo in modern Marvel.

Undoubtedly he won't want to take on anywhere near the workload he had previously, but I somehow can't imagine him writing anything too small. He is a grand concept kind of guy. He would also be ideal as a consultant / story concept guy if Marvel wanted to reconfigure their line.

Same I noticed with Priest who despite not wanting to publicly be known as “that black writer who writes the black characters” he will surround a white character with black/Latin/Asian characters. Let Priest loose on the espionage side of the MU

Wild guesses:

Hickman was on record that he would choose X-Men to write but that the property wasn't a priority at Marvel. That was back in 2014. Now that there is a bigger X-Men push he would probably jump at the chance to help shape the X Books.