Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I have being hoping for Priest to get one of the Superman books for some time, so I hope he doesn't go Marvel exclusive, but I would like to see him do some ongoing on Marvel, mayba Odinson book, Priest character tend to be really badass and after a long time of depressed drunk Thor it would be good to read something about him being half as competent as Panther and Slade are in Priests hand.

Hopefully a Defenders book, Inhumans and perhaps when Coates is off BP, BP

Just for the record, can anyone recognize who else was at the retreat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I hope he isn't going exclusive at Marvel, though. His Deathstroke run is just too good to let go. I hope he can still continue with it.

As for what he might write. Hmmm. I mean, they haven't announced the new ASM writer yet (I think?). Could Priest be the guy?
    Rumor has it that it's Nick Spencer.

Hey if you want a multicultural creators line-up, might as well get the very best black writer.

Dude is gonna teach these kids a thing or two. His Black Panther was one of my favorite comic runs ever. Dude can straight up write.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just for the record, can anyone recognize who else was at the retreat?

Rumor has it that it's Nick Spencer.
    Ah crap, really?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I have being hoping for Priest to get one of the Superman books for some time, so I hope he doesn't go Marvel exclusive, but I would like to see him do some ongoing on Marvel, mayba Odinson book, Priest character tend to be really badass and after a long time of depressed drunk Thor it would be good to read something about him being half as competent as Panther and Slade are in Priests hand.
    I was thinking the same thing. I would love to see him write something for Marvel, but I love his Deathstroke run too much to see him leave DC right now.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yes, completely. Was his run good?
    It was a prequel miniseries. It started great, but the ending was completely anticlimactic and some of the continuity inconsistencies were a bit confusing. It was an interesting philosophical book that wasn't afraid to be weird, which was nice.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Give him the Inhumans and let him run wild.
    He just finished the Inhumans mini series Once and Future Kings for Marvel so he's already been freelancing for both companies.

Invincible Member

I know he's expressed interest in Iron Man in the past. I wouldn't mind seeing that but I guess Dan Slott is taking over IM.

I wouldn't mind seeing Chris doing white Nick Fury or Black Widow or some kind of espionage title.

Has CP done a straight forward horror comic before?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Captain America, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), X-Men, Avengers, or Thunderbolts. Hmm, come to think of it, Thunderbolts would be great, given Priest has done very well with deeply morally ambiguous, if not downright amoral/immoral, characters, giving them depth and shade and complexity while also reminding the reader at the end of the day that these are not good, heroic people they are reading. Some of them might want to be good and heroic, some of them might try to be good and heroic, and some of them might even succeed, if only for a while. Basically, Christopher Priest's Deathstroke, but applied to an entire team of villains or "anti-heroes" trying to make good, whether because that's what they're genuinely striving towards or simply for the fringe benefits of being "one of the good guys."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    He just wrote Inhumans, did everyone miss it?
    I came here just to say that. We knew he was working with Marvel again for several months now. I mean, I appreciate all the love for the guy, but it's not exactly breaking news.

Yeah, but what IS news is that he was at the retreat, which he shouldn't have if he's writing for DC. That implies he's going exclusive. It definitely means he'll be getting another Marvel book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Priest on Incredible Hulk or Thor would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post

Ah crap, really?
    Never forget that Ant-Man and Superior Foes of Spidey were pretty good.

Spectacular Member

If he gets Avengers, I hope he brings in Everett K. Ross as their liason...

I still get a chuckle every time I read that Black Panther-Deadpool crossover with the Avengers involved....

Oh and 'You have been identified as Mephisto...please stand by while we restrain you" is probably the most hilarious thing I have ever heard the Avenger's security system says back in 2001.

If he wrote X-Men I'd actually buy it would be the first X-Men book I've followed since Pad's X-Factor (Investigations) book wrapped.

That said, I'd love to see him do Daredevil or Spider-Man.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...riters-summit/

Christopher Priest and Jonathan Hickman at the Marvel creative retreat?! Make Mine Marvel INDEED.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X