Default New animated series coming?

http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/lucas...r-wars-rebels/

Although as noted this could be referring to LEGO or Forces of Destiny, we'll wait and see I suppose.

There's a few gaps they could cover.....between ESB and ROTJ (A new take on "Shadows of the Empire"?) Between ROTJ and TFA (although apparently most of that era was peaceful, with the Republic in relative prosperity despite corruption, and the First Order gaining strength but not making any major moves until TFA. Plus it's probably best to leave the whole Snoke/Luke/Ren thing backstory to perhaps episode 9)....or maybe the Old Republic? Both CW and REBELS dealt in part with a somewhat revised ancient history of the Jedi vs. Sith conflict in some episodes; and Rian Johnson's proposed new trilogy won't be covering that era.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

I'd expect something to do with the FO conflict but I'd prefer the Old Republic for how much it can offer since we wouldn't be limited by the Rule of two so long as it pre-dates Darth Bane. It would also keep the door open to other writers to explore that era considering there was just so much.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Yeah, maybe showing a group of characters dealing with the First Order conquering the galaxy and the new rebellion against it, perhaps tying in with Episode 9....although maybe that seems a bit too much like Rebels.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah, maybe showing a group of characters dealing with the First Order conquering the galaxy and the new rebellion against it, perhaps tying in with Episode 9....although maybe that seems a bit too much like Rebels.
    It's bad enough that TLJ tries to reinstall the OT status quo in itself without having the cajones to tackled the actually likely fallout from events of TFA in a galaxy that would likely explode in fury at an Imperial successor state, so no, I really don't want them to try some tepid Rebels retread out of a paranoia about stepping in film toes.

I say you go with the Old Republic since you can have totally unrelated and unknown heroes, villains, and conflicts, or between the two trilogies, using the Wild West style setup from Aftermath, with the New Republic sharing space with several other governments including a *pirate kingdom,* and just use new characters and new antagonists, with the FO on the backburner.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Given they've jumped from the prequel trilogy era to the original trilogy era, it would seem fitting to move forward to the timeline of the current trilogy with the next major cartoon.

Though personally I'm also little curious as to when/if they'll be a season 3 of the Freemaker Adventures...