Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    And vice-versa, which is why I'm amazed when some people (not YOU, but other posters in the past on the Internet) have claimed that Vixen is a "lesser" Animal Man just because she was not "shown" doing the same things he was shown doing in Grant Morrison's books.
    That's kind of asinine, really. There are several times in which their powers are presented to be exactly the same. Now, there was a period in which Vixen's powers were inferior to Animal Man's; during 52 when Buddy could pretty much use the power of any animal in the universe. Then again, shortlly after Buddy's powers returned to normal, and Mari's went haywire and started working on other metahumans instead of animals, so it evens out.

Overall, they've always been the same.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    But that was not "the red", it was "the morphogentic field".
    The "Red" and "Morphogenic Field" are the same thing.

And what the hell, is the "Divided"?

Feel like I missed something.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    The "Red" and "Morphogenic Field" are the same thing.
    Now they are. Back then they weren't.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Can’t believe I’m the first to mention him, but Deathstroke has a healing factor, at least he did pre-Nu52 I don’t follow much of what has gone on since the reboot
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

So Lobo would be at the top.

Then the characters connected to the Red and Green would be next right?

Or is there another character or characters who have better regerative/healing abilities than Animal Man, Vixen, Swamp Thing, and probably Poison Ivy.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-03-2018 at 08:14 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    Can’t believe I’m the first to mention him, but Deathstroke has a healing factor, at least he did pre-Nu52 I don’t follow much of what has gone on since the reboot
    If I remember correctly, he came back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

Or is there another character or characters who have better regerative/healing abilities than Animal Man, Vixen, Swamp Thing, and probably Poison Ivy.
    I'm sure there some supernatural characters out there who are damn near unkillable
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-04-2018 at 07:33 AM.

If I remember correctly, he came back from the dead.

I'm sure there some supernatural characters out there who are damn near unkillable
    Well, the Giffen/Bisley Lobo was technically unkillable since he was kicked out of both heaven and hell. he’s band from the afterlife so he can’t die.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

Ivy doesn't have healing powers, Harley Quinn had them briefly, Deathstroke and adult Damian have them.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It seems Vixen just upped her healing abilities and reconstructed her entire body after being killed in an explosion.

I absolutly hate it when they pull **** like this out of their asses. This is just like when they made Wolverine come back from a single cell or when he was able to regenerate from nothing but a charred skeleton. It is bad writing. It just hurts the character in the long run. If the totem has always been able to do that then why did all the previous bearers die? This is a classic example of a writer just going "oh this will be cool" without thinking on if it makes any sense at all first.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    I think like Halrey quinn he has lost his meta human abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well, the Giffen/Bisley Lobo was technically unkillable since he was kicked out of both heaven and hell. he’s band from the afterlife so he can’t die.
    I miss that Lobo

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I absolutly hate it when they pull **** like this out of their asses. This is just like when they made Wolverine come back from a single cell or when he was able to regenerate from nothing but a charred skeleton. It is bad writing. It just hurts the character in the long run. If the totem has always been able to do that then why did all the previous bearers die? This is a classic example of a writer just going "oh this will be cool" without thinking on if it makes any sense at all first.
    Well the single cell thing was a one time event back then. IIRC, it stated if he had enough energy he could regenerate his whole body. Now the charred skeleton/coming back to life is connected to him fighting a demon and winning the right to come back...I think.

As far as Vixen using a flatworm to regenerate her body, it's not really that far-fetch, as flatworms can regenerate their body.

That awkward moment when Planarians can actually do this in real life but its called "pulled out of their ass"
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    That awkward moment when Planarians can actually do this in real life but its called "pulled out of their ass"

Right. The real question should be where was her conscienceness when she died (inside the totem?) and how can she accelerate something that takes the amimal 7 to 10 days to do.

BANNED

yeah I hate when comic books use actual science...so lame

Right. The real question should be where was her conscienceness when she died (inside the totem?) and how can she accelerate something that takes the amimal 7 to 10 days to do.
    Its simple. Magic of the trickster god. I've always thought deriving her power from Anansi opened up a lot of potiential with her abilities, i.e The cheetah. In her animated Series she was running up the side of sky scrapers with that speed which means with respect to certain animals, she doesn't simply take on their abilities, she takes on the symbolic representation of their power.

For lack of better wording, she takes on the cheetah's ability to sprint extremely fast, not the speed of a Cheetah. Same with her healing abilities (that and the totem is supposed to heal any wound she has by touching it)

As for her conscience? I'm willing to bet she was inside the totem. I would actually like it to be bonded to her like the animated series, that would also help this instance.
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 02-04-2018 at 03:02 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡