Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Default Is Phil Urich supposed to look just like Peter Parker?

Because, I swear, there are times I can’t tell them apart.

...maybe it’s just me.

Well, as far as Slott's run he was intended to be an "evil mirror" of Peter, so I guess throwing in more of a resemblance between them was part of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, as far as Slott's run he was intended to be an "evil mirror" of Peter, so I guess throwing in more of a resemblance between them was part of that?
    Even in his original series, Phil was supposed to evoke comparisons to Peter. Much like Darkhawk, Phil was kind of an attempt at a "90s Peter Parker."

The flip that Phil saved his Uncle Ben by doing something he probably shouldn't have done was taken to another level by Slott making him an "evil mirror" as Frontier said.

-Pav, who would love to see Phil and Ben Reilly reunited...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Phil does sort of become very much like the nerdier Peter of old in MC2.

Maybe Phil is another character who may or may not be Peter's secret sibling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Maybe Phil is another character who may or may not be Peter's secret sibling.
    He’s got quite a few of those running around. And that’s NOT counting the clones.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    He’s got quite a few of those running around. And that’s NOT counting the clones.
    Waaaait, there's more? I thought Teresa was the only one... Fucking comic books, maybe Parkers were fucking around quite literaly lol.

Who are some of the others? I'm curious now.

Waaaait, there's more? I thought Teresa was the only one... Fucking comic books, maybe Parkers were fucking around quite literaly lol.

Who are some of the others? I'm curious now.
    There’s another girl from the Sinister Six novels named Pity whose kinda-sorta maybe but not really Peter’s sister.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

There’s another girl from the Sinister Six novels named Pity whose kinda-sorta maybe but not really Peter’s sister.
    I have one of those. Maybe that's where Mark Waid and James Robinson got the idea for Teresa. That being said, yeah, Phil Urich is supposed to be a darker parallel to Peter Parker, so the artists do end up drawing them looking somewhat similar. In that regard, anyone read the Armor Wars miniseries from Secret Wars? The Spider-Man equivalent in that Battleworld domain was still named Peter, but his Uncle Ben was Ben Urich, which made me think he was supposed to be a melding of Peter Parker and Phil Urich.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I have one of those. Maybe that's where Mark Waid and James Robinson got the idea for Teresa.
    Or some random fanfiction from the internet

Also I wasn't aware that Phil is supposed to be a darker parallel to Peter, did they start that once Slott turned him in a villain or the parallels were there before? Although back then he definitely wouldn't be a darker parallel since he was a good Goblin.

Also I wasn't aware that Phil is supposed to be a darker parallel to Peter, did they start that once Slott turned him in a villain or the parallels were there before? Although back then he definitely wouldn't be a darker parallel since he was a good Goblin.
    Technically, the foundation for Phil Urich becoming a villain was already laid in C.B. Cebulski's miniseries "The Loners," which was kind of a spinoff of Runaways based in the post-Civil War Marvel Universe. In a nutshell, Phil went nuts thanks to the Goblin formula lying dormant inside him, hijacked a Darkhawk armor, and bad s*** ensued. Not sure how he got from there to a job at The Daily Bugle trying to impress Norah Winters, though.

Technically, the foundation for Phil Urich becoming a villain was already laid in C.B. Cebulski's miniseries "The Loners," which was kind of a spinoff of Runaways based in the post-Civil War Marvel Universe. In a nutshell, Phil went nuts thanks to the Goblin formula lying dormant inside him, hijacked a Darkhawk armor, and bad s*** ensued. Not sure how he got from there to a job at The Daily Bugle trying to impress Norah Winters, though.
    Loners was one of the most disappointing comics I've ever read. It started pretty okay, but by the end was a total mess.

I was really worried about where it left Phil especially, but I'm glad Dan Slott saw some utility left in Phil's character.

-Pav, who did like how Ricochet was portrayed...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

If we count fanfic, then he has thousands of those running around, especially sisters.

I am a fanfic writer, even I find the number of "long lost siblings" ridiculous. In my opinion, OCs should be used sparingly, and if there is a canon character who can play the role you want, use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Loners was one of the most disappointing comics I've ever read. It started pretty okay, but by the end was a total mess.

I was really worried about where it left Phil especially, but I'm glad Dan Slott saw some utility left in Phil's character.

-Pav, who did like how Ricochet was portrayed...
    Hmm, yeah? Well, if Ricochet at least has a good showing . . . and Mattie Franklin's in it, so that's pretty much my whole reason for checking it out.

If we count fanfic, then he has thousands of those running around, especially sisters.

I am a fanfic writer, even I find the number of "long lost siblings" ridiculous. In my opinion, OCs should be used sparingly, and if there is a canon character who can play the role you want, use them.
    Fully agree on the last bit, which is why for my next-generation Marvel and/or DC ideas, I prefer to dig up offspring or successors that do exist already in some corner of the Marvel and DC Multiverses.

Hmm, yeah? Well, if Ricochet at least has a good showing . . . and Mattie Franklin's in it, so that's pretty much my whole reason for checking it out.

Fully agree on the last bit, which is why for my next-generation Marvel and/or DC ideas, I prefer to dig up offspring or successors that do exist already in some corner of the Marvel and DC Multiverses.
    Same here. I'm still waiting on a universe that has Mayday, Annie, and Benji at the same time.