Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    If we count fanfic, then he has thousands of those running around, especially sisters.
    I meant fanfictions with secret siblings being the inspiration for Teresa's existence, if we counted fanfictions to include the ammount of secret siblings, there's probably enough of them to make an army lol.

If I know the mentality of people enough, I bet there's **** like, the sibling having spider powers somehow, being a better hero than Peter, other characters saying the sibling is a better hero than Peter even if feats aren't impressive (Or if they are, they're too impressive reaching ridiculous levels like that time Spidey beat Firelord), sibling being more loved than Peter, if it's a sister, Peter being overprotective of who she dates, and of course incestuous love, yep, did I miss anything?

I am a fanfic writer, even I find the number of "long lost siblings" ridiculous. In my opinion, OCs should be used sparingly, and if there is a canon character who can play the role you want, use them.
    I can understand the mentality behind that, people just want themselves to be in the story in some way, so even if a character is like the OC they're making, they'll use the OC because it's "themselves", it's also why those characters can/will become Mary Sues, though I'm not sure of the numbers of those who are/become one (I just assume it's very high lol), and chances are with a character like Spider-Man, he is a Mary Sue (Or whatever the male equivalent is) more often than not, which I assume it'd be to compensate for how bad his life gets, and do absurd things while they're at it lol.

Although, specificaly about secret siblings, just the very idea of it already irks me, it's a cliché that'll do that to me regardless of how it's used, like resurrection, though I can put up with it, hell, I even find Teresa to be an alright character, and while issue 2 of current Spectacular is by far the worst of the first 4 (And that's quite an achievement), it's not because of her, her part in that issue is actualy the best one, that really surprised me lol.

secret siblings, resurrections, evil twins...all pretty much par the course for superhero comics. and days of our lives, of course.
    troo fan or death

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I meant fanfictions with secret siblings being the inspiration for Teresa's existence, if we counted fanfictions to include the ammount of secret siblings, there's probably enough of them to make an army lol.

If I know the mentality of people enough, I bet there's **** like, the sibling having spider powers somehow, being a better hero than Peter, other characters saying the sibling is a better hero than Peter even if feats aren't impressive (Or if they are, they're too impressive reaching ridiculous levels like that time Spidey beat Firelord), sibling being more loved than Peter, if it's a sister, Peter being overprotective of who she dates, and of course incestuous love, yep, did I miss anything?
    Man, almost all of those match up to (Dan Slott's version of) Silk. Having spider powers (from the same spider, none the less), being better with her powers, having to save him all the time, reaching ridiculous feats, being super important in the mass spider family crossover. Check them all! The only thing we can add here is that their "love" wasn't incestuous (still creepy, though, because of animal pheromones).

Man, almost all of those match up to (Dan Slott's version of) Silk. Having spider powers (from the same spider, none the less), being better with her powers, having to save him all the time, reaching ridiculous feats, being super important in the mass spider family crossover. Check them all! The only thing we can add here is that their "love" wasn't incestuous (still creepy, though, because of animal pheromones).
    When I heard of Silk's existance, I legit thought it was a Mary Sue from a fanfiction that got popular for the memes, to the point someone even wrote an article about her on the wiki, when I learned that she was an official character, I was both very shocked and disgusted lol.

One funny thing that I recently learned is that the spider which bit Peter survived long enough to bite Cindy is a retcon, though I already knew it was a retcon from the original, but in Slott's Free Comic Book Day Spidey issue from 2011 (When Spidey starts the Spider-Fu training), it's mentioned again that Peter is the last one it bit, so either he didn't plan Cindy (Which is possible, think he was supposed to stop after Superior) or he didn't want to hint at Silk's existance, which sounds unlikely since unless he specificaly mentioned that it bit someone else, I doubt people would raise a fuss.

When I heard of Silk's existance, I legit thought it was a Mary Sue from a fanfiction that got popular for the memes, to the point someone even wrote an article about her on the wiki, when I learned that she was an official character, I was both very shocked and disgusted lol.

One funny thing that I recently learned is that the spider which bit Peter survived long enough to bite Cindy is a retcon, though I already knew it was a retcon from the original, but in Slott's Free Comic Book Day Spidey issue from 2011 (When Spidey starts the Spider-Fu training), it's mentioned again that Peter is the last one it bit, so either he didn't plan Cindy (Which is possible, think he was supposed to stop after Superior) or he didn't want to hint at Silk's existance, which sounds unlikely since unless he specificaly mentioned that it bit someone else, I doubt people would raise a fuss.
    I’m pretty certain Slott was writing as he was going. That alone I don’t have a problem with, but he never made sure his “great new idea” didn’t contradict what he had already written! Even I try to do that with my fanfic!

pic.jpg

This is really the pic I that calls this to my attention. It took me a while to figure out Phil was on the left and Peter on the right, sad to say. I knew Peter was on the right, but I almost thought the other guy was another clone.

Admittedly, the version I saw cropped out the picture of the Hobgoblin, so that probably would have tipped me off.
    Last edited by SilverWarriorWolf; 02-21-2018 at 06:27 PM.

pic.jpg

This is really the pic I that calls this to my attention. It took me a while to figure out Phil was on the left and Peter on the right, sad to say. I knew Peter was on the right, but I almost thought the other guy was another clone.

Admittedly, the version I saw cropped out the picture of the Hobgoblin, so that probably would have tipped me off.
    I wonder if that was intentional, because I would think Caselli would do a better job of differentiating between them.

I'll be legit pissed if Phil turns out to really be Peter's secret evil twin brother, mostly because I joked about it and I hate to be right when I make my dumb jokes...

Maybe Peter sensed evil within him and tried to kill him in Mary's womb

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'll be legit pissed if Phil turns out to really be Peter's secret evil twin brother, mostly because I joked about it and I hate to be right when I make my dumb jokes...

Maybe Peter sensed evil within him and tried to kill him in Mary's womb
    Hmm, like what happened with John Constantine in the Hellblazer books? Or, to keep it Marvel, Professor Charles Xavier with Cassandra Nova?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, like what happened with John Constantine in the Hellblazer books? Or, to keep it Marvel, Professor Charles Xavier with Cassandra Nova?
    Yeah I was referencing that **** from Morrison's New X-Men, I had no idea something like that was ever done more than once though, fucking comic books lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah I was referencing that **** from Morrison's New X-Men, I had no idea something like that was ever done more than once though, fucking comic books lol.
    Yeah, that's about my answer to all the strange and screwed-up things that happen in comics.
    The spider is always on the hunt.