Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Maybe travel the world helping kids/teens control their powers and find their path in life.
    That was supposed to be the drive behind the New52 version of the team as I recall. It's very X-Men but it works. I like the idea of a group of heroes finding other young superhumans and giving them a hand. Its a direction I'd support, at least conceptually, and it gives you a reason to mix up the roster, combining the original, adult heroes (in mentor roles) with younger, new faces.

Its also a niche no other team in DC is even close to owning, which resolves what I consider to be one of the team's biggest problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Nightwing needs love too. That mentality is why Titans has become rather toxic for arguably its most popular character. Its not ok to do nothing with Nightwing, or push him into the background, just because the others are worse off. What Titans is doing with him is frigging criminal. They shouldn't squander the successes they do have.
    Oh, I agree with you on that. What I meant was, we've been discussing Nightwing almost exclusively here and I was hoping that some other characters would get a little more attention/ideas than we've seen so far.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Of course, my ideas would work better if DC had been keeping the momentum going from Wolfman's run and hadn't removed them from having an X-Men level of importance... but, here goes...

Starfire would temporarily join the Omega Men in a new mini-series that unearths a secret alliance between Blackfire and another heavy hitter cosmic villain and would lead to a major event shining a light on DC's space heroes. A new ongoing Omega Men series would then spin out of it with Starfire, Tigorr, Donna Troy, Adam Strange, Captain Comet, Maxima, Kyle Rayner, Warhawk (an updated Thanagarian Hawkman Katar Hol, freeing Carter Hall for the Earth Hawkman) and Vril Dox.

Beast Boy would return to being called Changeling and with Robotman, Rebis and Bumblebee, would form a new Doom Patrol.

Nightwing would take the experience he gained from his time with Spyral to form a new Outsiders. His team would consist of Black Lightning, Red Arrow, Cheshire, Katana, Nemesis, Bronze Tiger and Manhunter Kate Spencer. They would use covert operations tactics in combating organized crime rings, with a focus on the streets, while also giving shelter to runaways and kids falling on the wrong side of the tracks.

Raven would join Shadowpact, which would really just be a new Justice League Dark without a League affiliation. Lilith would also be a member and it would give DC a chance to really show how different they are from each other.

Cyborg and Deathstroke would reform Justice League Task Force, with Jericho, Lobo, Artemis and a few others. Cyborg would also be used to link Project Cadmus with STAR Labs and their main focus would be dealing with Queen Bee and the new HIVE.

Wally West and an alternate reality Terra (the one from Team Titans) would form a new Forgotten Heroes that has ties to Multiversity. The concept would be similar to Exiles, with the team visiting both entirely new realities and ones already seen in various Elseworlds tales in search of the missing Team Titans members. Waverider, Shikari (from DnA's Legion run), Triumph and the Helena Wayne Huntress would also be members.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Switch Roy's name to Arsenal (and stop limiting him to a bow) and I 100% approve of all of this.

Though I am really curious how you'd get Slade Wilson to work with the heroes long term.

Love that Outsiders roster. Kate Spencer! Hell yeah!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Switch Roy's name to Arsenal (and stop limiting him to a bow) and I 100% approve of all of this.

Though I am really curious how you'd get Slade Wilson to work with the heroes long term.

Love that Outsiders roster. Kate Spencer! Hell yeah!
    Red Arrow is now Arsenal. Done.
    Slade would have a beef with Queen Bee. Mutual enemies and all that. And he would get beat up real bad in the first issue (kind of a karmic balance for Identity Crisis), and then realize that taking down Queen Bee may be too much work for one person.

My vision for Roy is that he chokes to death on a ham sandwich . In all seriousness, how about Rise of Arsenal 2: Revenge of The Cat.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-01-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    My vision for Roy is that he chokes to death on a ham sandwich . In all seriousness, how about Rise of Arsenal 2: Revenge of The Cat.
    Actually, Roy could become a useful character if they take what makes him unique and focus on it.
    1. Give him a Cloak & Dagger sense of purpose, helping kids who are on the wrong path or runaways, while taking down gangs and druglords that prey on the youth. And it's okay for him to have a troubled past. Just don't dwell on it or make it a weakness. Keep it that his victory over those demons is what drives him to help others who may not be as fortunate as he.
    2. Give him and Cheshire a meaningful relationship. Have him see the good in her where no one else can. Have her see the hope for a future in him that she can't see in herself. She does what she does because it's who she is, but Roy sees who she could be and she's frightened because it would mean giving up the one thing that makes her feel in control of her life. And she could toy with the idea of going straight, but the next contract around the corner feeds her addiction to her lifestyle.
    And this would require Lian to exist, because without her Cheshire would be even more tempted to cut Roy out of her life and never look back, in much the same way a normal person would cut a bad person out of their lives to remove their influence.

With this, Roy would not only become a positive role model (even for real life comics readers who may have had bad experiences that they barely survived or need help overcoming) but also a productive DC hero in his own right.

And while 'Outsiders' could be what readers initially consider the team themselves to be, they would come to realize that the name 'Outsiders' would actually refer to the types of kids, teens and young adults that they struggle to protect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Actually, Roy could become a useful character if they take what makes him unique and focus on it.
    1. Give him a Cloak & Dagger sense of purpose, helping kids who are on the wrong path or runaways, while taking down gangs and druglords that prey on the youth. And it's okay for him to have a troubled past. Just don't dwell on it or make it a weakness. Keep it that his victory over those demons is what drives him to help others who may not be as fortunate as he.
    2. Give him and Cheshire a meaningful relationship. Have him see the good in her where no one else can. Have her see the hope for a future in him that she can't see in herself. She does what she does because it's who she is, but Roy sees who she could be and she's frightened because it would mean giving up the one thing that makes her feel in control of her life. And she could toy with the idea of going straight, but the next contract around the corner feeds her addiction to her lifestyle.
    And this would require Lian to exist, because without her Cheshire would be even more tempted to cut Roy out of her life and never look back, in much the same way a normal person would cut a bad person out of their lives to remove their influence.

With this, Roy would not only become a positive role model (even for real life comics readers who may have had bad experiences that they barely survived or need help overcoming) but also a productive DC hero in his own right.

And while 'Outsiders' could be what readers initially consider the team themselves to be, they would come to realize that the name 'Outsiders' would actually refer to the types of kids, teens and young adults that they struggle to protect.
    That doesn't sound too bad.

You might want to ignore Godlike13 though.

Starfire joining the Omega Men is such a brilliant, obvious idea that I'm jealous I didn't think of it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

What i would hope is that the TITANS would head off and lead some respective teams. Cyborg deserves as much respect as Nightwing and maybe reestablish their history together as teammates.

I would say that Donna and Wally would start their own group of Lost days given their history mess up in the current timeline.

Have Starfire, Raven and Beast boy join their respective groups. As for Roy....maybe have him quit while it's still good given his slippery slope in the past.

Allow them to grow up. Have some move to the League, have some create their own teams, or even have some retire. However, as someone already mentioned, there should be an arc that brings them all together and they take care of the threat that was implied back during their younger years.

And have that be the purpose of the Teen Titans. They're a group of heroes who are being groomed, not to be heroes, but to prepare for a specific threat that only they can take care of. Circumstances constantly brings this group of kids together so that they can solve a problem only they can. A new group of heroes should constantly be created for the team and this should probably be one of the more experimental "mainstream" books going on.

I was fond of the Weapon Clans in Lemire's run so having him be a member of the Arrow Clan feels like a good way to go. Or I see him having an existence like Matt Fraction/David Aja's Hawkeye so he could be the plainclothes superhero helping people out in his local area.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Red Arrow is now Arsenal. Done.
    Sweet.

Slade would have a beef with Queen Bee. Mutual enemies and all that. And he would get beat up real bad in the first issue (kind of a karmic balance for Identity Crisis), and then realize that taking down Queen Bee may be too much work for one person.
    I'd be interested in seeing this play out. Lobo though? Seems an odd place for the Main Man. Of course, that's sorta become his thing lately.

As for Roy.....I have an idea of what I'd do with him, but it's mostly just stealing stuff from various places and mixing it together.

Roy's personality and capabilities would be stolen from Winnick's Outsiders. Roy's still something of a screw up and things rarely go the way he planned. He's gotta work twice as hard as other heroes; he's like the Scottie Pippen to Grayson's Michael Jordan.

Roy works for Argus (or possibly Checkmate, if that group is in a good place). He's got a kid to take care of, and pro bono hero work doesn't pay the bills. With Argus, he has health insurance, vacations, and a 401K.

He lives in a nice suburban home with his daughter Lian, his ex-wife Cheshire, and Jade's younger sister Artemis. Jade is trying to go straight for Lian's sake, but it's not who she is. Roy is trying to help her get over her "addiction" while also keeping her off Argus' radar. Artemis is stuck in the middle. I'm basically stealing from the Young Justice cartoon as well as the Brad Pitt/Jolie movie The Smiths, and a little bit of Tom King's Vision series. It'd just be a weird clash of sensibilities; superhero spies and assassins set against this mundane suburb setting.

When he's not working with Argus, Roy helps out troubled kids. I'm stealing this from Lee Stone. Sometimes, Artemis helps him out on this pro bono superhero work as Tigress.

Roy goes by Arsenal, and uses a wide range of weapons. I think we might even go with the weaponized metal arm from the Young Justice cartoon. It's over the top, but I like how that ridiculous 90's-esque vibe will rub up against the suburbanite elements.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was fond of the Weapon Clans in Lemire's run so having him be a member of the Arrow Clan feels like a good way to go. Or I see him having an existence like Matt Fraction/David Aja's Hawkeye so he could be the plainclothes superhero helping people out in his local area.
    I did like those weapon Clans. Wouldn't be against Roy being involved with them, especially since it looks like they'll never return in Green Arrow.

And Im pretty sure Fraction's Hawkeye is the best Roy Harper series we'll never get.

EDIT: I have an idea for Beast Boy (finally) but Im not sure how well it'd go over with people. Especially his fans. I'll post it a little later, after coffee.

~ Black Panther.

I was going to say something but Lee Stone basically just gave me my dream.

And "the Pippen to Grayson's Jordan" is a perfect pitch for Roy, and I agree that Fraction's hawkeye was basically a roy harper book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sweet.

I'd be interested in seeing this play out. Lobo though? Seems an odd place for the Main Man. Of course, that's sorta become his thing lately.

As for Roy.....I have an idea of what I'd do with him, but it's mostly just stealing stuff from various places and mixing it together.

Roy's personality and capabilities would be stolen from Winnick's Outsiders. Roy's still something of a screw up and things rarely go the way he planned. He's gotta work twice as hard as other heroes; he's like the Scottie Pippen to Grayson's Michael Jordan.

Roy works for Argus (or possibly Checkmate, if that group is in a good place). He's got a kid to take care of, and pro bono hero work doesn't pay the bills. With Argus, he has health insurance, vacations, and a 401K.

He lives in a nice suburban home with his daughter Lian, his ex-wife Cheshire, and Jade's younger sister Artemis. Jade is trying to go straight for Lian's sake, but it's not who she is. Roy is trying to help her get over her "addiction" while also keeping her off Argus' radar. Artemis is stuck in the middle. I'm basically stealing from the Young Justice cartoon as well as the Brad Pitt/Jolie movie The Smiths, and a little bit of Tom King's Vision series. It'd just be a weird clash of sensibilities; superhero spies and assassins set against this mundane suburb setting.

When he's not working with Argus, Roy helps out troubled kids. I'm stealing this from Lee Stone. Sometimes, Artemis helps him out on this pro bono superhero work as Tigress.

Roy goes by Arsenal, and uses a wide range of weapons. I think we might even go with the weaponized metal arm from the Young Justice cartoon. It's over the top, but I like how that ridiculous 90's-esque vibe will rub up against the suburbanite elements.
    For this idea I would fully do a Young Justice and make current Roy a Clone, leading to the Discovery of the Real Roy (with 1 arm) being held at Cadmus with the real Conner Kent. Clone Roy could then- In shame of being a clone implanted with Roy's memories become Red Arrow while 1 Armed Roy becomes Arsenal with a Metal Arm given to him by either Luthor or some other shady character like Waller.