Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It seems to me like popular opinion (at least from what I've found poking online) has shifted over time. It seemed to me that when ASM2 came out, it had a better reception, granted of the "it's a weak plot, but the leads are great and make it worth while." I also recall that it seemed like popular opinion was that the Raimi movies had been superseded by the ASM movies, which ostensibly a truer version of the Spider-Man mythos. There also seemed to be positive anticipation for the ASM cinematic universe.

However, the series gets canceled, and then you started to see a lot more online chatter wondering if the ASM movies were really that good, more voices suggesting that Andrew Garfield may have actually been a bad Spider-Man instead of one of the movie's assets, and the idea that the Raimi movies have been the superior version after all gained traction.

It could've just been a honeymoon period for the ASM movies, or maybe the cancelation and announcement of the MCU reboot may have soured the series. I don't know. However, it does seem like the ASM movie series is a bit of footnote in the history of Spider-Man movies, but, like anything, the most vocal don't always represent the majority. Heck, it got a nice new BluRay boxed set when Homecoming came out, so Sony clearly still thinks theres a market for it.
    I was one of those people who was really into the ASM films and their potential "back in the day." I still think there was a lot of potential in that franchise that Sony really squandered with their creative choices in driving the direction of those movies.

It's kind of funny. I see everyone praising Homecoming, and I enjoyed the film too, but the issues I had with it honestly made me more appreciative of what the ASM films did.

But I guess that's the nature of a film franchise that's been as rebooted as Spider-Man has.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Since I just got around to watching Homecoming on HBO.

Spider-Man 2
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man: Homecoming

big drop off

The Amazing Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 3
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-18-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Alright everybody, here's the final podcast, dealing with the three bets films. I actually edited it nice this time... For an amateur.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/132209/64...ament-the-best

Give it a listen, maybe some feedback, and if you haven't voted yet, go here:

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/zkwtr...st-of-the-best
    Last edited by godisawesome; 02-20-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I know this was for a podcast, but I was curious with it being almost a year later and with the release of Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, has your rankings changed and also where would you include Into The Spider-Verse?

My rankings:

1. Spider-Man 2
    It will take a lot to knock this film from number 1. It is not only one of my all time favorite superhero films, but one of my all time favorite films period.

2. Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse
    Absolutely LOVED this film! The characters, the story, the music, everything was top notch! This film did what a great film is supposed to do and stay with you even after weeks of seeing it.

3. Spider-Man
    A bit cheesy now but still a fantastic film and great start to the Raimi verse.

4.Spider-Man Homecoming
    Definitely in my top five MCU films. A bit controversial with some fans for the Tony Stark stuff, but I still really enjoyed it and I really like Tom Holland as a young Peter Parker. Also, love Michael Giacchinno’s score.

5.Spider-Man 3
    Not a great film and tried to do to much but still fairly fun and I love Tobey as Peter/Spider-Man which is more than I can say for......

6. The Amazing Spider-Man
    I liked the lizard and I liked the suit but Garfield’s Peter and Spider-Man is kind of a punk and a jerk.

7. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Mine:

1. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
    2. Spider-Man 2.
    3. Spider-Man: Homecoming.
    4. Spider-Man 2.
    5. Spider-Man.
    6. Spider-Man 3.
    7. The Amazing Spider-Man.
    8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

We're not counting his appearances in Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War. I'd put them in #2-3 spots if we were.