View Poll Results: Amazing or Spectacular?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing Spider-Man

29 47.54%
  • Peter Parker, Spectaular Spider-Man

32 52.46%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Y'know I'm noticing that sometimes the votes go in favor of one of the options but then they get in a tie again, are people here trying to create a perfect balance like the Neutral response video?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man. Dan Slott has easily the best mainstream superhero run of this century in my book.
    Couldn't agree more. Amazing has been unbelievably great. I couldn't get past the first three issues of SSM
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

While I agree that Spectacular has improved dramatically from its first few issues, it still feels like a different type of Spider-man. It actually feels more like a Marvel/Spider-man team up series, as there has been guest stars (which includes the Human Torch) in almost every issue. Reading future solicits about going back in time seems like a convenient means to put the Jameson reveal back in the bottle, but we'll have to see how that plays out. I am enjoying the current arc, but it has an over the top air to it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    While I agree that Spectacular has improved dramatically from its first few issues, it still feels like a different type of Spider-man. It actually feels more like a Marvel/Spider-man team up series, as there has been guest stars (which includes the Human Torch) in almost every issue. Reading future solicits about going back in time seems like a convenient means to put the Jameson reveal back in the bottle, but we'll have to see how that plays out. I am enjoying the current arc, but it has an over the top air to it IMO.
    I would be really surprised and really disappointed if the JJJ reveal was undone so quickly (if at all). It was, IMO, one of the better character moments over the last few decades and is rich with possibility. Unlike Peter's CW unmasking, this is a sustainable plot point and I can't see it going away anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I would be really surprised and really disappointed if the JJJ reveal was undone so quickly (if at all). It was, IMO, one of the better character moments over the last few decades and is rich with possibility. Unlike Peter's CW unmasking, this is a sustainable plot point and I can't see it going away anytime soon.
    It'll stay around for a while until it's undone by OMD2

Astonishing Member

I am all for Spectacular.

The main problem with ASM is, that its so boring. I dont know why but i have to fight to keep my eyes open when i read ASM. The word balloons are full, but i have the feeling its too wordy. if that makes sense.

I was a fan of Superior Spider-Man, my favorit run since New ways to die or American Son and i am a fan of some of his characters (no, not Black Cat, he destroyed her) but Max Modell, Anna Maria, Uatu and Sajani...

So PPSSM is the book for me. It feels fresh...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I like amazing spider-man still personally

BANNED

Spectacular, based on everything AFTER issue#3.....just feels more like the Spiderman I grew up with, hanging with another hero, having supporting characters that are more than just shadows and even the big unannounced event with JJJ, all of it is just clicking...and I'm with oldschool, if they undo the JJJ thing with the upcoming time travel, I'll be one seriously unhappy fan..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Amazing has been unbelievably great. I couldn't get past the first three issues of SSM
    Can't say I blame you because they were terrible, but everything after...you should really give it a read..

Another dead heat----tied 15 to 15; gotta say I find that very surprising considering PPSSM is still such a new title and the first few issues were universally hated....

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Another dead heat----tied 15 to 15; gotta say I find that very surprising considering PPSSM is still such a new title and the first few issues were universally hated....
    My guess is that it’s because ASM hasn’t has a universally praised issue since Spider Island.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    My guess is that it’s because ASM hasn’t has a universally praised issue since Spider Island.
    Well, I am not sure if that's true; first off, I don't believe Spider-Island was "universally praised"----it's just that I don't think it was divisive the way Superior was. But I do think there are a lot of fans like me that really enjoyed Slott's run on the title from his start through roughly the end of Superior but then found him running on fumes the rest of the way. I am definitely ready for a fresh voice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Renew Your Vows does count as part of the ASM legacy numbering, so there's that.

By the way, a nice thing about seeing the positive response to PPSSM is that this hopefully foreshadows a new era of competitiveness between Chip Zdarsky on PPSSM and the new creative team for ASM. I recall the days----many moons ago----when we had Stern and then DeFalco killing it on ASM and we had Peter David on PPSSM and it was a treat to see top creative teams doing their thing on their respective titles; hopefully, we get that once again.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Well, I am not sure if that's true; first off, I don't believe Spider-Island was "universally praised"----it's just that I don't think it was divisive the way Superior was. But I do think there are a lot of fans like me that really enjoyed Slott's run on the title from his start through roughly the end of Superior but then found him running on fumes the rest of the way. I am definitely ready for a fresh voice.
    There are also fans who think it was garbage from start to finish. I’m not one of them (I think Slott’s run was a patchwork of high highs and low lows), but until there’s more of an agreed upon consensus, newcomers are going to be leery Slotts run.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Renew Your Vows does count as part of the ASM legacy numbering, so there's that.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t count in continuity.