Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 104
  1. #31
    Incredible Member Ra-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I'm somewhat interested in this, as I've really been surprised by how much I enjoy Gotham.

    Other than that, though, Superman's world without Superman does seem like more of WB/DC being ashamed of their own character.
    The question is, Superman is out of this projects because of some WB/DC embargo or the creators didn't have any interest in using him from the start? Krypton clearly is a creative decision, this Metropolis stuff just seems... off.

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member misslane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    I think this is a great idea. Gwenda Bond's YA series featuring a young Lois investigating in Metropolis and even working with Lex at one point worked really well, and on Smallville the evolution of characters like Lex, Lois, and even the young journalist Chloe Sullivan often are what made the show successful moreso than Clark himself. Batman's world often thrives, and him with it, because the world of Gotham is so well-developed and peopled with rich characters that succeed even out of his spotlight. This show can develop Superman's world and Superman related themes in intriguing and important ways, and I am rooting for it.

  3. #33
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I can say with 100% honesty that I am completely uninterested. Lois is fine. Lex is fine. But Superman stirs the drink. I just don't care without him.

    Wish they'd stop wasting their time with crap ideas like this and give us a Superman animated series or something.
    Uh, well...

    wp-1488307856673.jpg

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,097

    Default

    For everyone complaining, look at the bright side. The only other Superman location at this point is the ice fortress. That would have to be a superman themed show at least lol

  5. #35
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I meant something new.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

  6. #36
    Maintaining Status Q _Feely_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    297

    Default

    I'm now looking forward to the Wonder Woman prequel where all the Amazons are just kicking about Themyscira, wasting time by fighting, f**king and engineering some mad science machines before Diana is born and they get something to do.

    An entire island of beautiful, ageless, warrior women just trying to find things to fill their days with.

    I'd watch that show.

    This weird Fringe/ X-Files/ Not Superman show? Not so much
    Last edited by _Feely_; 01-30-2018 at 04:20 PM.

  7. #37
    (formerly "Superman") JAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The question is, Superman is out of this projects because of some WB/DC embargo or the creators didn't have any interest in using him from the start? Krypton clearly is a creative decision, this Metropolis stuff just seems... off.
    I'm not sure it's an embargo situation, since Superman has had cameos in various cartoons, as well as both movie and CW TV versions. I think this was the idea from the start: Gotham, but Superman's world.

    It's a pretty basic thought process, but could be really good.

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I think this is a great idea. Gwenda Bond's YA series featuring a young Lois investigating in Metropolis and even working with Lex at one point worked really well, and on Smallville the evolution of characters like Lex, Lois, and even the young journalist Chloe Sullivan often are what made the show successful moreso than Clark himself. Batman's world often thrives, and him with it, because the world of Gotham is so well-developed and peopled with rich characters that succeed even out of his spotlight. This show can develop Superman's world and Superman related themes in intriguing and important ways, and I am rooting for it.
    Yeah, this could be really good! It's going to come down to the execution. I think the reason there might be more resistance to a Super-related show with no Superman is because we don't generally get as much Superman as we do, say, Batman. So it feels like he's lacking needed exposure. However, that doesn't mean it's a bad idea, and could do really well for Superman in the end. Who knows, maybe we'd get Superman showing up after a few seasons and the show would have a whole new set of legs?
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

  8. #38
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    On the one hand, Jesus Christ, a third Superman show running without Superman in it? But a Lois-led show about defining Metropolis as a whole is actually at least somewhat interesting by contrast to, say, Krypton. This is by no means a non-starter of a premise.
    Its just in unfortunate company, being the third series about Superman's world that won't actually have Superman in it.

    Its a cool idea, and Ive been advocating for years giving Lois a solo title again so arguing against this show would make me quite a hypocrite. But damn, its hard not to look at all these and think that DC is anything but embarrassed by Superman himself.

    Especially when you consider that, in some ways, this is the fourth Superman show without Superman in it, if you count Smallville.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  9. #39
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,477

    Default

    I see what people are saying about this being another Superman show with no Superman.

    However? Gotham was supposed to be a Batman show with no Batman. That lasted for about a season or two. By the current season, Bruce is already Batman in all but name and costume. I have little doubt Clark will show up sooner or later on the show. Unless this show is intended to only last a season or two, they'll have to bring him in eventually or the show will just kinda lose whatever luster it may have.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  10. #40
    Incredible Member Ra-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I'm not sure it's an embargo situation, since Superman has had cameos in various cartoons, as well as both movie and CW TV versions. I think this was the idea from the start: Gotham, but Superman's world.

    It's a pretty basic thought process, but could be really good.



    Yeah, this could be really good! It's going to come down to the execution. I think the reason there might be more resistance to a Super-related show with no Superman is because we don't generally get as much Superman as we do, say, Batman. So it feels like he's lacking needed exposure. However, that doesn't mean it's a bad idea, and could do really well for Superman in the end. Who knows, maybe we'd get Superman showing up after a few seasons and the show would have a whole new set of legs?
    Yes. Batman show up in a couple of animations every year, he have some special comic project every once in a while, this past year was White Knight, Dark Prince Charming, Batman/The Shadow, Batman/TMNT, etc. And we know that his movie is coming out, if wasn't for Affleck's personal issues it would probably be coming out in 2019 for the anniversary, but even with all this troubles we know that WB is doing the movie. Superman is in a a entirely different situation, he have two regular comics, but he is only the protagonist in one, since Superman is more about Jon, he didn't even got a looney tunes crossover. Christopher Priest say very clearly that Superman isn't very important in his Justice League story and in Doomsday Clock, that was advertised as being Superman heavy, he appeared in one page, that's it.

    It's good that Superman's world is getting exposure, is only weird that he isn't getting.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 01-30-2018 at 04:36 PM.

  11. #41
    Maintaining Status Q _Feely_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    297

    Default

    How about a show set next to the bins in what will become Spawns Alley where we get to see the hobos slowly die of cold and starvation?

  12. #42
    Incredible Member Ra-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Someone should start a thread " Pitch your Superman project... without Superman", DC will be interest.

  13. #43
    Maintaining Status Q _Feely_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    297

    Default

    A Flash prequel where we follow Barry's college forensics tutor during his first year on the job!

    The laughs; the tears; the lack of Speedsters!

    A Captain America prequel where we follow Steves Drill-Sergeant during his basic training!

    A Fantastic Four prequel where we follow the pregnancies of Mesdames Richards, Grimm and Storm (x2!).

  14. #44
    Astonishing Member misslane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    _Feely_, can you please stop spamming this thread with your strawman arguments?

  15. #45
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,719

    Default

    I was really banking on that Perry White origin show...."One day he will be editor-in-chief at a newspaper that legendary hero Superman will work at occasionally- now he's just a college kid."

    Or, that sitcom about the hair stylist Lex Luthor loved and employed prior to going bald.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-30-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •