Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

TBH I think this is the proper avenue to go down when trying to build up Metropolis. Use Lois, Lex and Jimmy. I want to see Superman in a medium that will better let him stretch his wings, time travel, interstellar adventures, cosmic escapades, stopping full scale wars. I think people would rather see Lois doing reporter work than Clark. I'm fine with it but don't know if it's worth another subscription service after Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime to mention a few.
    Last edited by The World; 01-31-2018 at 08:53 AM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

If they used different names for the characters and called the city something else this would be just another show on TV.the names sell this show.

The only real part that sounds interesting about Krypton is the time travel stuff

Supergirl steals from Superman and turns everything into a social justice my Little pony show.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

How are they ashamed of Superman with MoS2 in the works? Maybe they just want other characters to catch on, too. The Lois Lane one shot out of nowhere stayed nowhere, because there was no strong promotion. Superwoman also couldn't catch on. If people are familiar enough with Lois from TV, maybe it can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I meant something new.
    That's the funny thing, isn't it? New, but not actually something new. Just a new shot at something old. Hey I'm in the same boat because I prefer cartoons. I don't watch much tv at all, and I certainly don't watch the live action "superhero" shows as they are because they're pretty cheesy.

I wish that showrunners I like from elsewhere would get off their high horses and try to make one of these shows work. But premise wise, "Metropolis starring Lois and Lex" is pretty cool. So is Krypton starring uh... what, Jor-el and Adam Strange? I just wish I had confidence that it wouldn't be like Gotham or Flash.

Mighty Member

... So... While we have Lex and Lois, who else are they going to pull? John Henry Irons? Dan Turpin? Maggie Sawyer? (Characters I'd love to see by the way)

Like Gotham, a LOT of characters play off of a response to thier local super hero. I mean, who are we going to have in terms of villains? are we going to rely solely on Luthor doing shady things that he can't be brought to justice for? or are we going to dig into things like Intergang? Or ugh...original characters? A lot of Superman's rogues have power sets that it would be hard to believe that they aren't running the city and that the police can handle them alone. Even gangsters like Intergang have a bit of a technological donations from a sponsor. Also, I don't think we could do the "city is completely corrupt" thing that they could do with the likes of Gotham city.

However, maybe I'm just ignorant on the subject...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I thought it was awful what little I watched of it gave me physical pain to see the mythos used like that. Krypton and Metropolis just sound like a waste of time altogther. Gotham gives me that impression too. But then only Black Lightening impresses me out of DC shows.
    How does Supergirl give you physical pain? It is the most accurate live action version of the idea of Superman currently in existence. Unless you just don't like Superman in general.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Supergirl steals from Superman and turns everything into a social justice my Little pony show.

Supergirl and Superman exist in the same world so how exactly is Supergirl stealing anything? That's like saying Smallville stole Superman or Gotham stole Batman. And what is wrong with social justice?
    Are you an advocate of keeping the oppressed down? White (male) Power? What exactly is your problem with that? Supergirl is needed precisely because of people like you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    How does Supergirl give you physical pain? It is the most accurate live action version of the idea of Superman currently in existence. Unless you just don't like Superman in general.

Supergirl and Superman exist in the same world so how exactly is Supergirl stealing anything? That's like saying Smallville stole Superman or Gotham stole Batman. And what is wrong with social justice?
    Are you an advocate of keeping the oppressed down? White (male) Power? What exactly is your problem with that? Supergirl is needed precisely because of people like you.

Wow,watch ur BS buddy.

Smallville was a Superman show
    Gotham has batman
    Both young,but they are there,there is no other character who is stealing their story beats.

Oh and really buddy you throw the "white power" crap around,really dude.hate is a 2 way street,and I see what side you r on now.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    You mean currently on television?

There's a ton of shows that more accurately portrayed Superman. The Adventures of Superman from 1955 was Superman, at his core. Smallville did a better job too, when it was having a good day.

I've seen a few episodes of SUPERGIRL and found it grating tbh. Not at all akin to Superman. Far too saccharine.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-31-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I get the feeling the long-dead Lex and Lois 'ship will have new life injected into it now.
    That would turn my general lack of interest to full-on hatred. This has always been the most ridiculous of ideas. And it misses the point completely of Lois as a character. She can read people. She's good at that. Even when Lex is trying to play good, a Lois Lane-type should see who he really is deep down upon getting to know him. She wouldn't go for someone she knew was dark at their core.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

It occurs to me: this show could basically end up being more or less worse written Supreme: Blue Rose. If you haven't read it, you should. You really, really should. But the idea is that the Supreme analogs to Lois and Lex basically try to uncover the mystery of enigmatic world they live in. The Lex analog is sort of like the Lois analog's benefactor and introduction into the strange of the world.

The final mystery of the the show would likely be the mystery of this Clark Kent guy from Nowhere USA very much mirroring Blue Rose.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That would turn my general lack of interest to full-on hatred. This has always been the most ridiculous of ideas. And it misses the point completely of Lois as a character. She can read people. She's good at that. Even when Lex is trying to play good, a Lois Lane-type should see who he really is deep down upon getting to know him. She wouldn't go for someone she knew was dark at their core.
    I don't want Lois to be in a romance with Lex either, especially if it is clear he is evil. However, as much as Lois can read people and would avoid bad people, she also wouldn't assume someone is dark at his core. So, yeah, if she "knew" or suspected Lex was not a good man, I wouldn't want them to be together in any way. But if there was still some hope for him? I'm not sure.

Astonishing Member

I guess that depends on what Lex they go with. Charming businessman or dark hearted mad scientist.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I am with you here. lol. A lead character struggling with something. Isn't it pretty much any show nowadays? If executed properly anything can be great. In fact, i read an article just a while ago. It said that Spider-man when it came out was one of the worse ideas. It sounds so. Why base a hero on spiders? No one likes spiders. Or a lead superhero who happens to be a teenager. At a time when all of them were sidekicks and pretty successful at that.

http://www.looper.com/105890/thats-w...wesome-comics/

Execution can make ideas which can appear terrible on the surface work. Star Wars pitch might have been an insane pitch to the studio execs.

http://www.cracked.com/article_25351...de-at-all.html

And this pitch does not sound terrible actually.
    Former heavy weight boxer. Former military man. Former alcoholic. Former lottery winner. Current bar owner in a seedy part of the city set against the docks, where anyone from a mob boss to a celebrity reporter to alien refugees might cross his doorstep on any given day......

Bibbo is basically every two-fisted pulp hero rolled into one.

Bibbo: The real hero of Metropolis!!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I guess that depends on what Lex they go with. Charming businessman or dark hearted mad scientist.
    I think he'll be quirky science guy who slowly becomes the mad scientist/businessman he's most known as.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    HEY!!!

My Little Pony (the current Friendship Is Magic show anyway) is awesome!

Oh and I like Supergirl too, such a fun show and I think the "social justice" aspect fits with the show and at least isn't as condescending as the promotion behind the Ghostbusters reboot. At least it has a better Superman than Brandon Routh.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Former heavy weight boxer. Former military man. Former alcoholic. Former lottery winner. Current bar owner in a seedy part of the city set against the docks, where anyone from a mob boss to a celebrity reporter to alien refugees might cross his doorstep on any given day......

Bibbo is basically every two-fisted pulp hero rolled into one.

Bibbo: The real hero of Metropolis!!
    I did not know that about him. My attraction was based on few readings: Wedding Album, Superman Adventures and Superman TAS. Or they might have been mentioned in them and i forgot.I haven't even seen or read the last two completely. He sounds even cooler then before. Thanks!

Now my complaint about sidelining the Metropolis cast is stronger. And i haven't even read the Triangle era yet.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-31-2018 at 09:51 PM.