Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I can't stand Supergirl and this sounds bad. Looks like all my hopes are pinned on Krypton to be great.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Sounds interesting. Lois and Lex can be just as compelling as Superman, sometimes more so. With Superman locked up by the stalled movie franchise, this is certainly frustrating as a fan, but I am certainly looking forward to seeing what they do with Lois and Lex without Clark being the primary focus.

However, given that it's being created by two Gotham guys, a show I have only heard terrible things about, I don't have a lot of enthusiasm.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It's weird getting all these Superman-adjacent shows without getting an actual Superman show. Could he at least get a cartoon or something? I suppose he's in that new Justice League cartoon but I'm indifferent to that. We got one about his teenage years. We got one about Supergirl (the closest thing to an actual Superman show since at least she is an actual superhero in her own right and fights villains and he does make guest appearances once in a while), one about Krypton two generations before he is even born, and now his adopted city but without him. This is starting to look a little ridiculous. I'd blame Smallville but at least they knew to put him in it in at least some form. I also don't like the idea of making Lex a "good guy" only to know what he's going to become. We went through that with Smallville and it was a bit draining. There is also the risk of Superman fatigue with so many different shows on about him but not ABOUT him. I don't want him to become like Star Trek where people get burned out from over saturation.
    Assassinate Putin!

I think the only way I'm watching this, is if it get really good reviews, almost unanimous. If I watch it, it would be because is a good sci-fi thriller or something, not because it is slightly related to Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post
    5 seasons of Bibbos harrowing journey to sobriety.
    Its a good idea. A man struggling with alcoholism. It can be a good drama. Or comedy if they want it to be. Of course Bibbo is a nice character. Why wouldn't he be? He's a Superman fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You joke, but I'd watch that.

Bibbo for life!!!
    I am with you here. lol. A lead character struggling with something. Isn't it pretty much any show nowadays? If executed properly anything can be great. In fact, i read an article just a while ago. It said that Spider-man when it came out was one of the worse ideas. It sounds so. Why base a hero on spiders? No one likes spiders. Or a lead superhero who happens to be a teenager. At a time when all of them were sidekicks and pretty successful at that.

http://www.looper.com/105890/thats-w...wesome-comics/

Execution can make ideas which can appear terrible on the surface work. Star Wars pitch might have been an insane pitch to the studio execs.

http://www.cracked.com/article_25351...de-at-all.html

And this pitch does not sound terrible actually.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-30-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    On the one hand, Jesus Christ, a third Superman show running without Superman in it? But a Lois-led show about defining Metropolis as a whole is actually at least somewhat interesting by contrast to, say, Krypton. This is by no means a non-starter of a premise.
    haha that is pretty funny/sad that there will be three tv shows involving the world of Superman and none of them will star Superman. but a show starring Lois Lane could potentially be amazing. I think she's been overlooked for a long time. they need to make an effort to reestablish her as the icon she truly is.

BANNED

So did Metropolis have any metas or sci fi type stuff happen BEFORE Superman showed up?

I'm sure it will now lol

BANNED

this seems to me like a serious dramatic version of powerless especially if Lois is shown to be working for luthor initially. It would be just like the dynamic shared by Vanessa and Vandeer where she works for him but despises him after coming to know his shady persona. Although it could be that he has her completely fooled that he is on the side of angels until his true colours are revealed when Clark shows up if he ever does on the show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Supergirl I think. And probably Minerboh idea of the Fortress of Solitude show would happen eventually.
    But isn't Supergirl a show about...Supergirl?

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I can't stand Supergirl and this sounds bad. Looks like all my hopes are pinned on Krypton to be great.
    Supergirl is the closest to a Superman show of the three. It pretty much has had just about all the Superman characters on it, including Superman. I doubt Krypton will have any of the Luthors or Lanes on it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    But isn't Supergirl a show about...Supergirl?
    A show about Supergirl that pulls a lot of material from Superman. We have Jimmy Olsen in the supporting cast. Kara's job is as a reporter. She s the one to first encounter Mon-El and the Legion. Her opponents have included Morgan Edge, Metallo, Cyborg Superman, Mxyzptlk, Toyman, Vartox and Livewire. Shw even gets to be the one in the "Justice League" (Barry and Ollie taem-ups).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Supergirl is the closest to a Superman show of the three. It pretty much has had just about all the Superman characters on it, including Superman. I doubt Krypton will have any of the Luthors or Lanes on it.
    I thought it was awful what little I watched of it gave me physical pain to see the mythos used like that. Krypton and Metropolis just sound like a waste of time altogther. Gotham gives me that impression too. But then only Black Lightening impresses me out of DC shows.

Another Superman-inspired show that doesn't have Superman proper. Not interested, but not going to rain on anyone else's parade.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm more interested in "Krypton" but a show where Lex and Lois play Mulder and Scully could also be interesting.

(How the Lex+Lois ship is going to be called? Lexis? ?

Do you guys remember the first time you found that Johnny Storm wasn't the first Human Torch? Or that Barry Allen wasn't the first Flash? That's how people will feel a few years from now when they learn that Supergirl was actually predated by a "Superman".

I will make a prediction, we will see a Jon Kent or a Kenan project before we see Superman starring anything outside Action Comics again.