View Poll Results: Stewart in JL, Baz and Cruz in new jobs?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 29.73%
  • No

45 60.81%
  • Unsure / No opinion

7 9.46%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Stewart to JL, Baz and Cruz to new jobs?

I posted a similar poll the other day, but I put too many ideas in it, and that made things murky. So here is a stripped-down version to clarify things.

Would you like to see John Stewart in Justice League, and Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz elsewhere in non-Lantern roles?

The driving idea here is that six Earth Lanterns is at least two too many.

BANNED

I'm fine with all six earth Lanterns. John was my introduction to the GL mythos and I'm currently enjoying Simon and Jessica's GL book. So with that said

Hell freaking no.

With Hal in the JL in Metal I canīt imagine John in the JL...

About Jess, I donīt know... I like her in the JL and without her WW is the only woman in the team..

I think that Hal will replace these 2 again..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-30-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Yes to the former, no to the latter. So I guess I'm once again voting unsure.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-30-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Why can't John Stewart take their spot(s) on the Justice League but have Jessica and Baz continue to be Green Lanterns as well?!?
    The choices, once again, don't have to be just "A" with "B"; what about if people only want "B" but not "A" to be included?!?

I want to hear what the “other jobs” might be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Why can't John Stewart take their spot(s) on the Justice League but have Jessica and Baz continue to be Green Lanterns as well?!?
    The choices, once again, don't have to be just "A" with "B"; what about if people only want "B" but not "A" to be included?!?
    I said in the opening post that this is driven by the idea that there are too many Earth Lanterns. So why would I include the option to keep them as Earth Lanterns?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That's pretty much why I didn't bother voting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

I think that Hal will replace these 2 again..
    No matter what rigmarole they go through, that always seems to be the reset point, doesn't it? So I think Baz and Cruz will leave JL regardless.

BANNED

Default If Baz and Cruz were no longer Lanterns...

...what would you want them to do?

I realize that some folks want them to remain Lanterns. That's fine. But if they weren't Lanterns, then what should be their roles?

Please don't suggest that they become different colored Lanterns. The emotional spectrum seems to be on the way out, and I imagine their fans would like to see them remain visible.

And please don't suggest putting them in a B Justice League title that would be canceled within four years.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post

I realize that some folks want them to remain Lanterns. That's fine. But if they weren't Lanterns, then what should be their roles?

Please don't suggest that they become different colored Lanterns. The emotional spectrum seems to be on the way out, and I imagine their fans would like to see them remain visible.

And please don't suggest putting them in a B Justice League title that would be canceled within four years.
    They already put Simon in one. In terms of skill Simon and Jessica don't have much going on for them being Lanterns is the only thing they have unless they were relegated to supporting cast roles. But for the life of me I can't think of anything even then. Though A.R.G.U.S. might offer some possibilities.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-14-2018 at 03:39 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post

For Simon may be a scholar because he is a Muslim and for Jessica she can go back to Earth 3 if still exist. This doesn't mean i don't love her.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    For Simon may be a scholar because he is a Muslim and for Jessica she can go back to Earth 3 if still exist. This doesn't mean i don't love her.
    Isn't Jessica from the main Earth? Muslim or not Simon isn't an honours student over here we have an abundance of Muslims but not all of them can be scholars.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-14-2018 at 03:49 AM.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Isn't Jessica from the main Earth? Muslim or not Simon isn't an honours student over here we have an abundance of Muslims but not all of them can be scholars.
    You need to read more about Jessica Cruz and i believe everyone can change to be a better person especially people who can learn from their own mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    You need to read more about Jessica Cruz and i believe everyone can change to be a better person especially people who can learn from their own mistake.
    Right good to know but I find it weird that it looks like Jessica whole life has been on Prime Earth from what I have seen of her in the recent comics and some are not born to be scholars some are more suited for manual labour which Simon appears to be suited for.