View Poll Results: Stewart in JL, Baz and Cruz in new jobs?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 29.73%
  • No

45 60.81%
  • Unsure / No opinion

7 9.46%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

No thanks, I like Jessica and Simon exactly where they are right now. Also what kind of silly idea is it to squeeze even more characters in the Batman Family. We get you hate the new GL but at least try to pretend you care.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Pretty much and its not as if the GLs are the largest "Family" in the DCU. Six Earth Lanterns is small compared to say the Bat Family currently. Its also not as if all six of them are in Earth's space sector at the same time either.
    The Bat family never had a war between who should be on top.

The Bat family in all media has always had BRUCE as Batman with the exception of Batman Beyond.

The Bat family didn't try to bury anyone else who wore that Batman outfit.

The Bat family had no issue building up others under different names except when the head of the company decided to declare war on Batgirls & Robins.

And the Bat Family can boast this-

Nightwing-150+ solo issues
    Tim Drake 200 solo issues
    Harley with over 50+
    Cass with 72
    Stephanie with 18
    Arkary with 100
    Babs with 100+
    Michael Lane 18
    Batwoman 50+
    Batwing 40+
    Gotham Academy 20+
    Red Hood 50+

They can justify that family size. We can't do that here without a war of fans.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    We can't do that here without a war of fans.
    You must be seeing a different Bat fandom then I see everyday on this very forum then. The Bat Family is far from exempt from fan wars and I would even go so far as to say that fan wars within the Bat fandom are just as bad, if not worse, than similar wars in other fandoms. You're implying that there is no divide within the fandom here when there actually is. Fans of one Robin hate on fans of another. Fans of Stephanie Brown hate on fans of Barbara Gordon. The amount of hate characters like Duke Thomas get is ridiculous. The list goes on and on.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-30-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    You must be seeing a different Bat fandom then I see everyday on this very forum then. The Bat Family is far from exempt from fan wars and I would even go so far as to say that fan wars within the Bat fandom are just as bad, if not worse, than similar wars in other fandom's. Your implying that there is no divide within the fandom here when there actually is. Fans of one Robin hate on fans of another. Fans of Stephanie Brown hate on fans of Barbara Gordon. The list goes on.
    As a Bat-Family Fan I like all the Batgirls and the Robins.... Aside from Damian, I dont like him, but I dont hate any of the others in the way certain fans of say... Wally West hate on Barry and Nu Wally

BANNED

After Green Lanterns has been canceled for a while, I'll repost this poll. I bet the numbers will be reversed then. Things always look a lot different when your guy no longer has a comic.

I would like to see them swap roles, Simon and especially Jessica have barely been off Earth with the Corps so make them earn their wings in space and bring John back home.

And if any Lantern needs a new job it's Guy Gardner, he seems more suited to being a street level hero anyway.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    After Green Lanterns has been canceled for a while, I'll repost this poll. I bet the numbers will be reversed then. Things always look a lot different when your guy no longer has a comic.
    At most, the comic will just become monthly, I don't see them cancelling the book anytime soon.

BANNED

Considering how long and hard DC has pushed them as GLs, I'm surprised Simon and Jessica don't have more support than this.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    As a Bat-Family Fan I like all the Batgirls and the Robins.... Aside from Damian, I dont like him, but I dont hate any of the others in the way certain fans of say... Wally West hate on Barry and Nu Wally
    I like all the Robins and most of the rest of the family on top of that. Still over the years I've been a Bat fan I've seen plenty of fans of one Robin hating on fans of another. Same with the Batgirls. I've seen fans complaining about how one Robin or Batgirl has stolen what is rightfully another ones skill set or friends. And there's been quite a bit of hate for characters like Harper Row and Duke Thomas as well. It's not all sunshine and Rainbows in the Bat fandom which is what Skyvolt was implying in their post.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

With so many Green Lanterns from Earth, I have always been of the opinion that which ever GL is in Justice League should only be in Justice League, and should probably be either John Stewart or Guy Gardner.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

I think John Stewart should be in the Justice League. I don't see why not. He's always been a good team player. As for Baz and Cruz, I don't really care much for those characters, so I didn't vote.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The choices, once again, don't have to be just "A" with "B"; what about if people only want "B" but not "A" to be included?!?
    That's pretty much why I didn't bother voting.

I don't even read any of the books involved, I just voted "No" to oppose the OP's "my way or else" bullshit. I want the option to vote for "D) Petition to get the OP banned from the forums again, this time permanently."

Astonishing Member

They can all be Earth Lanterns. It doesn't actually matter.

I'd be ok with John taking over with JL but I rather they still have the green lanterns solo. Putting them in new jobs is controversial but doable. The main problem is that OP didn't come with a good place for them.

Putting them in the bat-books is shortsighted because the bat books don't even have space for the actual bat-characters.

I would say have them be the new Hawks reincarnated but that ship has sailed. Maybe Hawk and Dove ? (half serious/half joking)

I was a fan of Simon from his intro but i never cared for him as the next green lantern. He and Rhonda Phineda (atomica from forever evil) would have been better off as new ips or other legacies like Simon could be the new Air Wave so I'd go do that.

Back when the GL and Sinestro corps were working together Simon should have been the Yellow Ring partner to Jess's Green but alas...