View Poll Results: Stewart in JL, Baz and Cruz in new jobs?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 29.73%
  • No

45 60.81%
  • Unsure / No opinion

7 9.46%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Kyle and John should be the resident Earth GLs

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    The "other jobs" would very likely be "in limbo" because there is very little reason to keep them around if they are not GLS.

I'd say yes to John being on the Justice League (so long as he's not just wallpaper there) but no to Jess and Simon losing their GL status.
    Exactly, it's clear op wants to get rid of Jess and Simon or else he would provide other options instead of just saying "new jobs."

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Exactly, it's clear op wants to get rid of Jess and Simon or else he would provide other options instead of just saying "new jobs."
    Pretty much and its not as if the GLs are the largest "Family" in the DCU. Six Earth Lanterns is small compared to say the Bat Family currently. Its also not as if all six of them are in Earth's space sector at the same time either.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-30-2018 at 02:12 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I'm not interested in Stewart, so I really don't care what they do with him.

I don't think that Baz and Cruz need to be on the JL forever. Them leaving would mark the point where I stop reading/buying that series, but superhero team series like the JL, Avengers, X-Men, etc. do shake up rosters from time to time and I think that's the way it should be (keeps thing fresh).

However, I do not think that Baz and Cruz should loose their GL status (or break up their little partnership on the beat). They were created specifically for this role so giving them a new job would be along the lines of having Batman take on a different mantle. Besides, since there's no set limit on how many Lanterns can come from one planet and there are ways to give all of them something to do, the "problem" that would prompt them being defrocked doesn't really exist.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I said in the opening post that this is driven by the idea that there are too many Earth Lanterns. So why would I include the option to keep them as Earth Lanterns?
    But whether John Stewart joins the Justice League or not has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not there are "too many Earth Lanterns".

Yes.

Put John on the JL, Hal going solo in his own title, Kyle with the JLA, Guy with the JLI and Baz and Jessica with the Corps

BANNED

Go back up and read. I said I'd make them regulars in one of the Bat books. That's hardly throwing them away. But it doesn't have to be that.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

John is the man in charge of the Green Lantern Corps and that is a more important job than just being the Green Lantern of the Justice League so I say no.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    John is the man in charge of the Green Lantern Corps and that is a more important job than just being the Green Lantern of the Justice League so I say no.
    That's a good point. But I'd like to see the Guardians back in charge. Also, Justice League sells a lot better than Hal's comic, so it would be a higher profile role for John.

That's a good point. But I'd like to see the Guardians back in charge. Also, Justice League sells a lot better than Hal's comic, so it would be a higher profile role for John.
    The Guardians are in Charge again. John had a huge argument with them last week and threatened to resign

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    The Guardians are in Charge again. John had a huge argument with them last week and threatened to resign
    No humans should be calling any shots in the GLC. I understand why Geoff Johns turned the Guardians evil and replaced them with Hal, and I understand why John Stewart then replaced Hal. Those seemed like good ideas at the time. But they didn't work. The Guardians should be like Star Fleet Command. Kept off-camera most of the time.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Go back up and read. I said I'd make them regulars in one of the Bat books. That's hardly throwing them away. But it doesn't have to be that.
    What role could they possibly serve in a batman book? There are already too many bat family members as is.

BANNED

What role could they possibly serve in a batman book? There are already too many bat family members as is.
    The Bat books are DC's most popular franchise by far. If you think there's no room for them there, then I don't know what to tell you. But I'm sure their comic is headed for cancellation. I bet when that happens, their fans will be much more open to other roles for them.

BANNED

If it was my decision, I'd make them regulars in one of the Bat books.
    In that case, hell fucking no.

The Bat books are DC's most popular franchise by far. If you think there's no room for them there, then I don't know what to tell you. But I'm sure their comic is headed for cancellation. I bet when that happens, their fans will be much more open to other roles for them.
    I don’t care how popular Batman is. If the only way for Jessica and Simon to live on is to add them to the more bloated bat books why stop there? Let’s make NuWally, Vixen, Lobo, the Legion of Superheroes, hell let’s make everyone who doesn’t run around with a bat symbol on their chest a Batman character.

You do realize this would only add to DC’s biggest problem of getting people interested in their lineup that doesn’t have heavy ties to Batman.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 01-30-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Now that he isn't the leader of the Green Lantern Corps, I would not mind John pulling double duty in a Justice League book and HJatGLC. However, I don't want Simon and Jessica to get new jobs, so I voted no.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman