View Poll Results: Stewart in JL, Baz and Cruz in new jobs?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 29.73%
  • No

45 60.81%
  • Unsure / No opinion

7 9.46%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wasn't a fan at the time, but I thought Kyle sold well during his first years?
    Once upon a time Firestorm made it to 100 issues .

BANNED

DC won't regret doing this, and any complaining about it will go away very soon.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    DC won't regret doing this, and any complaining about it will go away very soon.
    What complaining? The reaction to yesterdays announcement has been overwhelmingly positive on here. The Justice League title has been floundering for quite a while now. It was inevitable that DC would do something to address that sooner rather than later. The response from fans has been very good overall.

I know you see yourself as the DC board equivalent of leading the Sermon on the Mount, with these constant open-ended statements that are as much aimed at DC themselves as anybody on here, but it's a fallacy on your part.

BANNED

Justice League and the Green Lantern franchise have been the two biggest disappointments of Rebirth. Staying the course was not an option. They needed to be shaken up. There was nothing else to do.

Feb 2015 Justice League 39 $3.99 DC 72,904
    Aug 2015 Justice League 43 $3.99 DC 82,304
    Feb 2016 Justice League 48 $3.99 DC 72,704
    Aug 2016 Justice League 2 $2.99 DC 127,402 (Rebirth)
    Feb 2017 Justice League 15 $2.99 DC 64,230
    Aug 2017 Justice League 26 $2.99 DC 51,048
    Feb 2018 Justice League 39 $2.99 DC 44,148

Once upon a time a new group of managers took over a major pet food company that had been around for a long time. They believed they had developed a better formula for dog food than the company had been using since the 1800s, so they junked the old product and substituted their new one for it, and launched a very expensive ad campaign.

They were shocked then when their sales went down. The CEO was furious, so he called in the marketer who had created the campaign, and gave him a long dressing down. He concluded it by saying, "We paid you a lot of money to sell this improved product, but we're selling less now than we did before. Explain that to me, please."

The marketer, who had sat there quietly through the whole haranguing, said, "Sir, dogs won't eat it."

Astonishing Member

Feb 2015 Justice League 39 $3.99 DC 72,904 (Amazo Virus)
    Aug 2015 Justice League 43 $3.99 DC 82,304 (Darkseid War)
    Feb 2016 Justice League 48 $3.99 DC 72,704 (Darkseid War)
    Aug 2016 Justice League 2 $2.99 DC 127,402 (Rebirth)
    Feb 2017 Justice League 15 $2.99 DC 64,230 (Timeless)
    Aug 2017 Justice League 26 $2.99 DC 51,048 (Legacy aka the Future Kids Arc)
    Nov 2017 Justice League 32 $2.99 DC 73,839 Bats out of Hell/ Metal
    Nov 2017 Justice League 33 $2.99 DC 71,769 Bats out of Hell/ Metal
    Feb 2018 Justice League 39 $2.99 DC 44,148 (People vs Justice League)

Trey I'm always amused when you try to bring up sales data because it doesn't ever seem to show what you seem to think it does. I added arc names/events the book was tied in to show you.

Do you know why the Pre-Rebirth Justice League books sales are high, or seem to be? Constant events essentially. Or close to it. Especially with the numbers you're showing which well...

Even Amazo Virus while not an event was the arc directly after the Forever Evil tie ins so its sales could be attributed to that event as well. Meanwhile Rebirth has aimed at not doing too many events and when it did its sales skyrocketed back up again. All the data shows really is folks aren't reading much regardless unless it's an event. And anyone who follows comics should understand that by now.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Do you know why the Pre-Rebirth Justice League books sales are high, or seem to be? Constant events essentially. Or close to it. Especially with the numbers you're showing which well...
    The name Geoff Johns on the front cover of the pre-Rebirth Justice League run was another advantage that it had.

BANNED

I just read through this whole thread about the new Justice League, and not one person has protested John's replacing Baz and Cruz. It was a good move to make, and kudos should go the the person at DC who realized that.

http://community.comicbookresources....amp-Jim-Cheung

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I just read through this whole thread about the new Justice League, and not one person has protested John's replacing Baz and Cruz. It was a good move to make, and kudos should go the the person at DC who realized that.

I wonder whether it's because Simon and Jessica don't have as many fans as John, Hal, Kyle, and Guy.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

10characters
    Last edited by Assam; 03-19-2018 at 12:46 PM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    No, no it doesn't, especially as it's pretty clear Jessica has become a fan favorite. Simon and Jess were never going to be in the League forever though, as no Lantern has ever been, and it's pretty clear they're putting John in to capatalize both on his popularity and, with the other members present, the popularity of the DCAU. No one is complaining because 1) People really like John too 2) Simon and Jess still have their own book and 3) The League hasn't served Simon and Jess at all anyway and isn't where the majority of their fans come from.

Dying Detective, I politely request that you stop feeding into Trey Strain's delusions of grandeur and any sense that he knows what he's talking about here.
    Well okay and I'm sure Simon has his fans too but I doubt they equal the number of Jessica fans. And from what I gather the Green Lantern DC turns back to if this one isn't working on the Justice League as well is Hal. But John is a nice change up and he's the Green Lantern I'm most familiar with other than Hal. Though i wonder whether Simon and Jessica will have their book cancelled at some point? Well I'm new here I had no idea Trey Strain was on the deluded side of things so sorry.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

If it is cancelled, THEN the fans will start complaining. Perhaps it will be retooled to add John as their mentor/leader, with the rookies perhaps also going to the Justice League B-team (JLA)? Green Lantern Corps would get a new #1 starring the rest of the Lanterns, led of course by Hal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well okay and I'm sure Simon has his fans too but I doubt they equal the number of Jessica fans. And from what I gather the Green Lantern DC turns back to if this one isn't working on the Justice League as well is Hal. But John is a nice change up and he's the Green Lantern I'm most familiar with other than Hal. Though i wonder whether Simon and Jessica will have their book cancelled at some point? Well I'm new here I had no idea Trey Strain was on the deluded side of things so sorry.
    That user has gotten a reputation for wanting Baz and Cruz out of the Green Lantern franchise and filtering stuff through that lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If it is cancelled, THEN the fans will start complaining. Perhaps it will be retooled to add John as their mentor/leader, with the rookies perhaps also going to the Justice League B-team (JLA)? Green Lantern Corps would get a new #1 starring the rest of the Lanterns, led of course by Hal.
    Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree that Baz and/or Cruz fans would be more vocal if their solo series was monkeyed with than the JL series. (Heck, I'm a Baz and Cruz fan and I'm largely indifferent to them leaving the JL comics.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wasn't a fan at the time, but I thought Kyle sold well during his first years?
    A lot of books sold well in the past.

Because folks actually focus on READING a book than trying to get books that they did not read axed or boycotted. In as large as numbers as they now.

In other words folks found books to support until they found something better.

Something else I can predict with confidence is that the sales of Justice League will now improve.

Adding Kyle will similarly improve the sames of Titans.
    Where is you proof?

Dc still has to win over John Stewart fans who they jaded for the past 10+ years.

The SJW faction will take issue with two black guys on the team. Three if Batman's other son shows up.

The Snyder hate club won't touch the book.

There is still an issue of the WRITING. Write John Stewart or Cyborg as bad as they have both been over the past 7 years....

There is still an issue of folks BUYING the book.

So any change will have to be judged after the first arc and trade are done.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    The details that were unveiled yesterday will have been in the planning stages for months now. Please stop pretending that you're influencing DC's decision making because you don't. Or keep up the pretence if you like. It's funny.
    Two things need to be pointed out here: 1) Nobody from DC is reading this site for ideas and 2) I doubt anything posted here hasn't been thought of by someone at DC years before.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Probably because for all intents and purposes League roster changes happen all the time. Especially in case of which Lantern is around. He might just as likely vanish at some point because of use in the GL books and then be in turn replaced with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The SJW faction will take issue with two black guys on the team. Three if Batman's other son shows up.
    Isn't that an anti-SJW thing? Those who hate diversity on any level unless they fit the readers very weird sense of taste and logic/have been around for like 3-4 decades usually?