I thought it would have been better had Peter just went ahead and gave Harry the blood. Point for the original script.

The father appearing at the end would have been a payoff for the buildup with the parents, but what happens next? Peter would have to be pretty angry at him. This raises tons of questions and would make the film more unsatisfying.

Well this is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I thought it would have been better had Peter just went ahead and gave Harry the blood. Point for the original script.

The father appearing at the end would have been a payoff for the buildup with the parents, but what happens next? Peter would have to be pretty angry at him. This raises tons of questions and would make the film more unsatisfying.
    That reminds me of the Clone Saga in Ultimate Spider-Man. They just made the dad a clone of Peter, which paid off for the ending.

Ultimate Member

A lot of these sounds much better than what we got:

1. Mary Jane-I can take that or leave it. I don't think that she absolutely NEEDED to be in this movie.

2. That Electro scene would have worked much better and at least given him SOME kind of deeper motivation.

3. JJJ-Would have loved to have seen him in the movie, but he didn't NEED to be there.

4. How Peter handled the blood thing was one of the bigger problems with the movie. It's not that he didn't give Harry the blood, it's that I don't buy that he wouldn't have explained himself better or offered some kind of compromise. Again, this sounds better than the actual movie, and the explanation for the Goblin suit sounds much better as well.

5. Making Dr. Kafka a man was pointless, but it didn't really hurt the movie.

6. The time gap would have filled in a few logical inconsistencies.

7. Dr. Ratha's disappearance should have been addressed, even if it was just a few lines of dialogue.

8. The "Spider-kid" at the end was a TERRIBLE idea and only made the citizens of NYC look like a bunch of complete idiots (the entire movie did that).

9. Gwen dying instantly works much better than her getting to give some kind of incredibly clichéd dying speech.

10. I'm conflicted about the Richard Parker thing. On the one hand, I like the idea of him being alive and it could have led to interesting story possibilities. However, the way that it plays out sounds flawed to me. I don't like that they give Uncle Ben's big line to Richard and I don't like the tacked-on happy ending period. I'd have had Richard approach Peter at Gwen's grave and then the movie ends on that cliffhanger.

That scene with Richard Parker would be a perfect coda if they cut out the Osborn stuff and had it be a ghost Martin Sheen instead.

BANNED

These cuts would improve the film a lot, especially the surprise return. It would give some sense on some certain degree.
    A prime example why Webb must be removed from the franchise.

1. Mary Jane-I would have liked the end scene if they could have built on it no matter what happens the friendship between MJ and Gwen is an important factor when they add Mary Jane without it will be a letdown for me.

2. I guess this would have made it better as far as I could tell Spidey made him his partner then ignored him and p****d him off, add in electrical powers and things were always going to be a bit sparky.

3. JJJ-Would have been a nice nod to the comic book fans.

4I think this would have helped the friendship between them but I have a big problem with Harry being the Goblin before Norman.

5. Dr Kafka as male was pointless, but I do wonder did the female Kafka survive the film.

6. I have no idea about the timeline for this series so I don’t think about it too much.

7. Who

8. I kinda liked the Kid at the end but that might have had something to do with the bullying thing and then he overcomes it and steps up and Peter comes back after being inspired by Gwen’s speech.

9. If Gwen had to do it was better that it was instant, but I will argue forever that she didn’t NEED to die dammit.

10. Nope don’t need it don’t want it hopefully the parker parents thing is over with
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 08-07-2014 at 06:57 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

I was grateful MJ was cut from this film primarily because of the casting of Woodley (Nothing against her, but there is nothing about her that gives off MJ vibes), and after looking at that description I am even more grateful! The abusive father and her being some sort of tomboy contrasts almost every incarnation of MJ in the Spider Universe.

I personally don't care for the character, but I think adding Jonah Jameson would've been a nice touch especially since he's an iconic character in the Spiderman series. I like how they were going to address the topic of how online articles are beginning to take over the newspaper business.
    Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    1. Mary Jane-I would have liked the end scene if they could have built on it no matter what happens the friendship between MJ and Gwen is an important factor when they add Mary Jane without it will be a letdown for me.

2. I guess this would have made it better as far as I could tell Spidey made him his partner then ignored him and p****d him off, add in electrical powers and things were always going to be a bit sparky.

3. JJJ-Would have been a nice nod to the comic book fans.

4I think this would have helped the friendship between them but I have a big problem with Harry being the Goblin before Norman.

5. Dr Kafka as male was pointless, but I do wonder did the female Kafka survive the film.

6. I have no idea about the timeline for this series so I don’t think about it too much.

7. Who

8. I kinda liked the Kid at the end but that might have had something to do with the bullying thing and then he overcomes it and steps up and Peter comes back after being inspired by Gwen’s speech.

9. If Gwen had to do it was better that it was instant, but I will argue forever that she didn’t NEED to die dammit.

10. Nope don’t need it don’t want it hopefully the parker parents thing is over with
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    A lot of these sounds much better than what we got:

1. Mary Jane-I can take that or leave it. I don't think that she absolutely NEEDED to be in this movie.

2. That Electro scene would have worked much better and at least given him SOME kind of deeper motivation.

3. JJJ-Would have loved to have seen him in the movie, but he didn't NEED to be there.

4. How Peter handled the blood thing was one of the bigger problems with the movie. It's not that he didn't give Harry the blood, it's that I don't buy that he wouldn't have explained himself better or offered some kind of compromise. Again, this sounds better than the actual movie, and the explanation for the Goblin suit sounds much better as well.

5. Making Dr. Kafka a man was pointless, but it didn't really hurt the movie.

6. The time gap would have filled in a few logical inconsistencies.

7. Dr. Ratha's disappearance should have been addressed, even if it was just a few lines of dialogue.

8. The "Spider-kid" at the end was a TERRIBLE idea and only made the citizens of NYC look like a bunch of complete idiots (the entire movie did that).

9. Gwen dying instantly works much better than her getting to give some kind of incredibly clichéd dying speech.

10. I'm conflicted about the Richard Parker thing. On the one hand, I like the idea of him being alive and it could have led to interesting story possibilities. However, the way that it plays out sounds flawed to me. I don't like that they give Uncle Ben's big line to Richard and I don't like the tacked-on happy ending period. I'd have had Richard approach Peter at Gwen's grave and then the movie ends on that cliffhanger.
    I completely agree with these assessments. Most of these changes don't really seem necessary to the film. Though I too thought the ending with the kid dressed up as Spiderman was the cheesiest and most unneeded part of the film.