Default Silver Surfer #4 Discussion/Spoilers Thread

Another stellar issue!

Dan Slott and Mike Allred outdid themselves again. Just a wonderful book.

The art style works well with the tone of the story and I love Slott's great use of continuity. The references to the old Surfer tales on earth were great and the humor is balanced well along with the heart of Surfer's turmoil. The Guardians cameo was funny and spot on as well as with Dr Stange and Hulk. Looking forward to their battle with Shuma Gorath. Loved seeing Surfer "silver down" and eat and sleep as Norrin Radd. Touches like this make this book a standout.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Cannot wait to read it! You got me pumped up now

Mighty Member

I really enjoyed this issue, even more than the previous three. It's definitely a growing favorite.

BANNED

One of my absolute favorite titles in recent years and we're only four issues in. Where has Dan Slott been all the Surfer's life? He should have at least been on that abysmal cartoon about fifteen years ago.

I feel like someone finally asked the obvious question, "How do you take a concept like a shiny alien who rides a surfboard through the air and churn out nothing but mopey melodrama with him year after year?"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Another stellar issue!

Dan Slott and Mike Allred outdid themselves again. Just a wonderful book.

The art style works well with the tone of the story and I love Slott's great use of continuity. The references to the old Surfer tales on earth were great and the humor is balanced well along with the heart of Surfer's turmoil. The Guardians cameo was funny and spot on as well as with Dr Stange and Hulk. Looking forward to their battle with Shuma Gorath. Loved seeing Surfer "silver down" and eat and sleep as Norrin Radd. Touches like this make this book a standout.
    And Star-Lord has got brown hair again!

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    And Star-Lord has got brown hair again!
    YES! And Rocket IS a Raccoon again.

Though I am not a fan of Slott & Alred's Surfer, this issue stood out. It still had some comedic moments that made me cringe, but the interaction between Dawn & Norrin was mostly really touching (when she's not being quirky, half-bossy etc.) and warm.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Loved the interaction between SS and Dawn's family.

This is really a great book, I feel sorry for anyone not enjoying it. Dan has hit it out of the park again.. He is the Robert Kirkman of Marvel

I always look forward for the next issue to come out. This title is always on the top of my comic stack. I really hope this series will run for at least 30 something issues if not more.

This issue was the best one of this series so far.