Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Post Death Note in DC and Marvel

While going over an old versus thread from last year I thought what would happen if the Death Note and most of the characters of the manga existed in the DC or Marvel Universes and how would the Death Note and these characters affect either universe? Everyone is free to give their ideas and self written scenarios as how it would all play out and to make it easier I will give some conditions to prevent arguing and so people can go wild as much as they want with their scenarios.

Starting

Like in the manga Light through Ryuk acquires the Death Note and begins his killing spree and this attracts the attention of the Marvel and DC characters both villains and heroes.

Characters Present

L., Near, Mellow, Watari, and the other members of Wammy's House are absent from either universe.

Everyone else from the Death Note universe now lives in Marvel/DC.

Additional Death Note Abilities, Conditions, and Assumptions

The Death Note's powers are stronger than any other force of magic in Marvel/DC. So someone like Doctor Strange can't simply counter its powers or track Light down using magic.

Anything that is biological can be killed by it regardless of what race they are from or if they are made differently yes that means aliens, Atlanteans, Amazons even Wonder Woman can be affected by it.

Anyone who touches the Death Note is immune to mind powers (mind reading, mind control, etc).

Almost nobody in Marvel/DC knows about the shinigami or their realm prior to Light picking up the Death Note.

And like always names must be written down but they have to be in that person's native language.

And those are the conditions make sure that you follow them before writing out your scenario.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-03-2018 at 08:38 PM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Okay since everyone is clearly hesitant I will set a precedent and kick things off anyone is free to add to the stories doesn't matter if makes sense it's just all fun and games:

DC Universe (which will include the best of Post Crisis and Rebirth and some characters won't be used due to preference and balance be warned there will changes to the power set since it's all ludicrously broken at this point)

Criminal deaths spike in Japan which draws the attention of Batman who travels there to investigate along with the Birds of Prey as his eyes they are led by Oracle who as always will Barbara Gordon but is not crippled just chose to retire from being Batgirl. This also brings in Superman who is accompanied by his wife Lois Lane to get the story on the killings for the Daily Planet. Superman will have Heat Vision, Super Speed, Super Strength, Flight, and his Solar Flare ability and these are the standard abilities for Kryptonians under a yellow sun. And Amanda Waller sends in Deadshot on his own. And this begins a game where Light kills Huntress then later Black Canary which draws in Green Arrow into the fight. And Batman and Superman have to reign in Green Arrow as Light is covering his tracks too effectively. And this also brings in Nightwing along with Tim Drake and Damian Wayne in tow.

Marvel Universe (Civil War I never happened nor did House of M)

Criminal deaths spike in Japan which attracts the attention of S.H.E.I.L.D. who sends Black Widow and Mockingbird in to track down the cause of the deaths. Instead they are manipulated by Light and wind up missing in action (make of that what you will). And so The Avengers are called in as Hawkeye is determined to avenge Black Widow and Mockingbird with Captain America and Winter Soldier doing most of it. And the killings also attract the attention of the Hand so Daredevil and Wolverine get called in.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-03-2018 at 11:29 PM.

BANNED

The entire fiasco ends after at most ten deaths or so, long before the likes of SHIELD notice anything, when Doctors Strange or Fate go put an end to Light Yagami's silly games.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The entire fiasco ends after at most ten deaths or so, long before the likes of SHIELD notice anything, when Doctors Strange or Fate go put an end to Light Yagami's silly games.
    Please refer to the conditions I set no magic can simply counter the Death Note here that means they all have to put some extra effort and that would imply it might not be able to track it down using magic and no one can read Light's mind since it also renders it unreadable.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-03-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Please refer to the conditions I set no magic can simply counter the Death Note here that means they all have to put some extra effort and that would imply it might not be able to track it down using magic and no one can read Light's mind since it also renders it unreadable.
    There are super geniuses in both universes capable of deduction far better than L. Super genius computer hackers who would be able to find out who ran a search/searches that match the victims, etc. Also characters like Superman who have superhearing and can just listen for some crazy guy talking to nobody about his magic notebook. Also Light won't have the advantage of knowing exactly who is investigating him like he did with L and his successors.

It wouldn't last long.

Light's only real chance at survival is to drop the god act and start killing people more sporadically in believable fashions to the point where you wouldn't think twice about it. Or to do something like create a massive list of hundreds of thousands of names over like a year and just start writing them in the notebook at the exact same time so he can just kill a huge percentage of serious criminals in one extended go and hope the confusion keeps everyone busy and he can just burn all the evidence and slide away. Basically he can't do what he did in the series. There's also still the chance that someone like Superman is able to hear the writing of L and deduce it that way as well.

The squirrels tip off Doreen and she has Tippy Toe bury the death note along with some nuts.

BANNED

That is some serious moving of goal posts...

What about other, far bigger gods?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Making Light's mind unreadable would make him stick out even more to telepaths than if they could read it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Making Light's mind unreadable would make him stick out even more to telepaths than if they could read it, lol.
    Not if Light chooses to get rid of the Death Note and people will have no grounds to prove anything wrong with him even with telepathy. But ti shouldn't be too hard A lot of telepaths are well known even among the normal people. Of course there's J'onn J'onzz to consider he could sneak around and try to read people's minds but he would need to know the user of the Death note's mind cannot be read.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-03-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That is some serious moving of goal posts...

What about other, far bigger gods?
    Gods are a whole other story he can't kill them nor can he kill demons like Nero, Blackheart, and Mephisto but it's not like they will care unless he actually makes a move on them but most times really the gods don't do anything unless it affects them directly. And it's not so much as moving the goal post as it factual in design. Circe was in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon couldn't be found by Zatanna with magic because she was that powerful but for clarity reasons I will put that in so no arguing can come up.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-03-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    There are super geniuses in both universes capable of deduction far better than L. Super genius computer hackers who would be able to find out who ran a search/searches that match the victims, etc. Also characters like Superman who have superhearing and can just listen for some crazy guy talking to nobody about his magic notebook. Also Light won't have the advantage of knowing exactly who is investigating him like he did with L and his successors.

It wouldn't last long.

Light's only real chance at survival is to drop the god act and start killing people more sporadically in believable fashions to the point where you wouldn't think twice about it. Or to do something like create a massive list of hundreds of thousands of names over like a year and just start writing them in the notebook at the exact same time so he can just kill a huge percentage of serious criminals in one extended go and hope the confusion keeps everyone busy and he can just burn all the evidence and slide away. Basically he can't do what he did in the series. There's also still the chance that someone like Superman is able to hear the writing of L and deduce it that way as well.
    Good point so say if Light was being a lot smarter about it and does not pull any stupid stunts like playing god unless he got all his opposition out of the way. But it will take some high caliber manipulation to kill Superman, Wonder Woman, or anyone really. There maybe great geniuses on both worlds but Marvel has a shortage of super detectives Jessica Jones is not even on the same level as L so who can track him down other than S.H.E.I.L.D. agents who aren't even in L's league either and I would say Black Widow and Mockingbird aren't even in L's league either. I will think of something though no one wants to try.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-04-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    The squirrels tip off Doreen and she has Tippy Toe bury the death note along with some nuts.
    You do realise Squirrel Girl just made opened the doors for other psychos to find the Death Note, right?

You do realise Squirrel Girl just made opened the doors for other psychos to find the Death Note, right?
    Of course.
    The premise was kind of weak, so we'll need the sequel to make the money back.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Of course.
    The premise was kind of weak, so we'll need the sequel to make the money back.
    Sure and the next person could very well be the Red Skull or even the Green Goblin.

Sure and the next person could very well be the Red Skull or even the Green Goblin.
    Oh Em Gee, can you imagine the sales numbers for that? Profit!

Then for part three, Galactus finds the Death Note!