View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Beauty #19

1 20.00%
  • Bonehead #2

0 0%
  • Elephantmen #80 [series finale]

0 0%
  • God Complex #4

0 0%
  • Hack/Slash: Resurrection #4

1 20.00%
  • Outcast #33

1 20.00%
  • Realm #5

1 20.00%
  • Spawn #282

0 0%
  • Underwinter: Field of Feathers #4

1 20.00%
  • Void Trip #3 (of 5)

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #5 - we bid thee goodnight, Elephantmen

It's another Wednesday, and that means new comics are releasing! In these weekly threads we vote on our faves and maybe chat about whatever we want, join in!

Last week's poll ended in already the second draw of the year, with Black Science #34 drawing equal votes as the return of Monstress did. It's gonna be one of those 'we can't decide'-years huh? Can't blame us.

This week not a whole lot is happening: besides Void Trip hitting the half-way point, Realm reaches a conclusion, possibly also its finale outright? At the very least of this storyline though. Spawn has bigger news: with the conclusion of the Dark Horror arc, the book introduces a new character... Who will soon receive their own comic series? Will it be a Spawn spin-off, or something more removed? Guess we'll need to read to find out!

News of the week will invariably need to be the end, finale, full stop, point of no return of Elephantmen though. Following a run that lasted an impressive 80 issues, this collossal series comes to and end this week with what looks to be a heartbreaker issue for long-time readers. Elephantmen is one of those series that hasn't been a sales cannon for a long time now it seems, but nonetheless attracted enough of a dedicated core audience to be both sustainable as well as continue to push boundaries of its fictional universe.

After the recent end of Witchblade (which has just been rebooted) and the impending end of Invincible (due in a week or 2), Elephantmen is yet another long-running Image series that is coming to an end. Is anyone here still reading it? If so, I hope it'll be a knock-out ending for you; certainly seems to me that Elephantmen never compromised much to blaze its own trail, and I wager it'll be remembered & revered for that for a long time.

297195.jpg

Amazing Member

pretty dull week for comics on the list that are interesting to me. I'll be getting God Complex (I still need to read all 4 of them though), Outcast, which I am a handful behind on, Realm, and Void Trip.
    Of the entire list I think I am only kind of excited to get to Void Trip and Realm. Feels like a lot of nothing on this week's list for me and overall.