Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What should the premise of an Invisible Woman mini be?

Say Marvel was interested in an Invisible Woman mini.

What do you think should be a good premise for the book?

Who would you think would be a good creative team for it?

How many issues would you give it?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Invincible Member

I'm not sure what team I'd put on it, but here's my pitch.

Sue investigates the disappearance of one of Franklin and Val's friends. At first she thinks it's the one child soon learns that it's several kids from the area. Sue must get to the bottom of the child abductions. This lead to conflict with a couple minor villains, AIM and ultimately The High Evolutionary!

I'd make it 4-6 issues. I'm not which other foes I'd have in it but I'd have clues pointing to Mr Sinister as a red herring.

While I don't have an exact adventure in mind, a story that is not really related to F4 would be nice, doesn't mean it shouldn't use F4 villains, could be just some solo adventures like Johnny used to have in Strange Tales.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Sue Storm vs. The Maker. Nuff said!

her getting her medical license. or her refinding her place in the Marvel Universe while taking on some kind of leadership/mentor role with a group of young women.

Six issues (for the trade, natch).

Sue Storm: Visible is the title. It's six issues of Sue's life as she acts as the public face of Fantastic Four, Inc., the Future Foundation, and more and more the superhuman community in general. Her blending of superheros and pop culture in her life is a nice angle. There would be a main villain (a pair of them actually) over the series, but minor ones pop up here and there. Truly, the stuff that Torch used to handle back in Strange Tales is the minor stuff I;'m talking about and Sue's more than competent enough to do that. We see flashbacks to her past and education. Sue has a game she plays in her head about how long it will take any interviewer to bring up Namor.

I'd also throw in a scene where she and Unus are compared. Whether he actually appears is up to his status when Marvel actually hires me to write this. Why, yes, I do have a vivid fantasy life, thank you for noticing.

The goal of a Sue mini should be to show her doing thing the other members of the FF can't or usually don't. Scenes where Reed, Johnny, and Ben would be far out of place. Use the kids as props, but we KNOW Sue loves her kids. We don't need constant reminder of her maternal instincts. I'd go for a battle of wits with Val, maybe. Sue's been dealing with Reed for years and stands up to him when needed. Val deserves that and more as the kid.

oh and I want her to fight Living Laser. he doesn't have to be the only villain. but that would be my short want-list.

Astonishing Member

I say put her against a B-list FF villain, I would not put her against Doom, but maybe someone like Wizard or Mad Thinker or the Puppet Master. Make those guys more interesting in the process, Wizard is usually just a snore, Mad Thinker has his moments, but those get buried under a sea of bland stories with him and Puppet Master only feels like a satellite character for his step daughter. Have her be a career woman, who goes for a degree (as mentioned above) raises kids and thwarts a super villain plan.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

A 12 issue miniseries. Time wise it would skip with every two issue as a different era of Sue's life showing how much she's helped others but often goes unnoticed to play on the invisibility powers with her learning how important it is to be recognized for one's own good works to serve as a beacon/role model. 1 story with her and Johnny as kids helping him out but not speaking out that she did so, next (not sure about continuity) her late teenage/ early adult life before the F4 to show how content she is with simply doing good for the sake of good and not for the glory, next would be early F4 career where she is forced into the limelight, followed up by how she raised her kids throughout different stages of their life this would likely be a 4-parter learning how important to be an example for others, last would be a time traveling elderly Sue as a historian making the unknown known, the invisible visible as one might say, documenting the past to bring back to the present.

It's a pity SHIELD is gone, because her invisibility powers make her an ideal spy. She did join SHIELD before Secret Wars, but we didn't see enough of it (she appeared in one issue of the SHIELD comic book, the rest was in Avengers).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It should be sneaking up on anybody and changing their behaviour by changing the circumstances. Say a killer is going to kill some woman. Sue sneaks up the the killer, hides his car keys, and the killer misses his opportunity.

Kang shows up, and has the plan to defeat the Avengers, when suddenly, that very essential device he needed disappears. Now what is he going to do?

Incredible Member

The Secret Life of the Invisible Woman.

These are all pretty interesting ideas. I had a similar idea like the ones previously said where she gets her medical degree in the mini all while trying to balance being a mother and superhero. It can go into the stress of balancing all these things and the embarrassment some have of going back to school while an adult. She'd have doubts about whether she could and should do it, but finds the drive and courage to pursue her dreams through the story. At it's heart the story is about how you are never too old to chase your dreams as long as you have to drive to do so even when life throws obstacles at you ( and for Sue those obstacles could be in the form of deranged super villains and demanding kids). But the most important thing is that it will give Sue a goal, aspirations, and a career that isn't to with her family. She'd finally have development outside of being a wife and mother and it will end with her having a medical degree and new avenues for her.

I'd give the mini 12 issues and have it play around with time space to speed up her getting the training.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'd like to see them to a mini series also that takes place in the present but has call backs to the past.

I thought Fraction pulled a fast one when he suddenly had her being addressed as Dr Richards during his Fantastic Four run. Why not tell the story behind that? Or better yet, she could be just starting on that journey.

If she has a medical degree, have some flashbacks with her father Doctor Franklin Storm. Show us her mother, who remains a bit of a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'd like to see them to a mini series also that takes place in the present but has call backs to the past.

I thought Fraction pulled a fast one when he suddenly had her being addressed as Dr Richards during his Fantastic Four run. Why not tell the story behind that? Or better yet, she could be just starting on that journey.

If she has a medical degree, have some flashbacks with her father Doctor Franklin Storm. Show us her mother, who remains a bit of a mystery.
    What is her life story? Granted, it's rarely a good idea to fix ages, but how old was she when her parents died? If she was under 18 then she probably would have gone with her aunt who had the boarding house reed stayed at and hence the weird Byrne scene with a child Sue staring at college age Reed. When Sue turned 18, she could have gotten custody of Johnny and may have gone to college and medical school then. Something like this would be nice to at least refer to in a Sue mini.