Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I’d like to see them develop an enemy specific for Sue.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    What is her life story? Granted, it's rarely a good idea to fix ages, but how old was she when her parents died? If she was under 18 then she probably would have gone with her aunt who had the boarding house reed stayed at and hence the weird Byrne scene with a child Sue staring at college age Reed. When Sue turned 18, she could have gotten custody of Johnny and may have gone to college and medical school then. Something like this would be nice to at least refer to in a Sue mini.
    Wasn't she a model at one time? We never see much of that except I think there was a flashback scene in the Nuff Said Fantastic Four issue a while back

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Wasn't she a model at one time? We never see much of that except I think there was a flashback scene in the Nuff Said Fantastic Four issue a while back
    Probably, but all of the Marvel women of the sixties were models, weren't they? Just look at the Cyclops Marvel Girl reprint for the True Believers Phoenix set. (X-Men 48). I'd dump a modelling experience for med school in a nano-second for Sue.

Probably, but all of the Marvel women of the sixties were models, weren't they? Just look at the Cyclops Marvel Girl reprint for the True Believers Phoenix set. (X-Men 48). I'd dump a modelling experience for med school in a nano-second for Sue.
    It's a thing of those times. Most of the women who worked for a living were teachers or nurses if they weren't married. Model or actress was a more glamorous back story to give her I suppose.

Now that Marvel Time has sort of embraced 1998** as the new marker for the start of the MU, we should see Marvel update her origin too.

** It's the date on Victor's trophy in Marvel 2 in One.

You could combine most of these ideas and have her doing the medical training in secret over the years. It would make sense why she hasn't done anything like operate because she legally can't until she got her licence. A reason she's doing it in secret is because of the fear of failure and not wanting to worry the others or something. There are even previous instances that could help sell the idea:

Even the little looks he gives at the end could be interpreted as a lie

It wouldn't be that surprising considering she kept being a spy a secret all these years. So instead of her having to start from the beginning of the training with 8+ years away from the licence she could be half way through when the story picks up. We can have flashbacks to early on in the training where she first tries the balancing act and it could be in the art style of FF comics of different time periods.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-01-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It's a thing of those times. Most of the women who worked for a living were teachers or nurses if they weren't married. Model or actress was a more glamorous back story to give her I suppose.

Now that Marvel Time has sort of embraced 1998** as the new marker for the start of the MU, we should see Marvel update her origin too.

** It's the date on Victor's trophy in Marvel 2 in One.
    Marvel time. The boys only need to switch out a war or its location. Sue's been the hardest hit with her portrayal over the first coupld of decades of the FF,.

Marvel time. The boys only need to switch out a war or its location. Sue's been the hardest hit with her portrayal over the first coupld of decades of the FF,.
    I always think it's best to ignore that part of the team history. It's just like when you watch the old sitcoms where Mrs Cleaver is strolling around the house in a well ironed dress and a string of pearls. Or how just about every female character was married or looking for a husband.

Sue starts to get treated better later in Stan and Jack's run, when she comes back from her maternity leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's a pity SHIELD is gone, because her invisibility powers make her an ideal spy. She did join SHIELD before Secret Wars, but we didn't see enough of it (she appeared in one issue of the SHIELD comic book, the rest was in Avengers).
    SHIELD isn't the only or even the best intelligence agency in the Marvel Universe. ARMOR and SWORD seemed to operate independently. There's also the CIA.

I'd steer right into the name and make it a book that's timely for what's going on in the world right now. Bring back an old-time villain like Mind-Master or Miracle Man and revamp them to be more of the "legit type with shady dealings" kind of villain and have them engaged in human trafficking, particularly women for the sex trade...women who are all but "invisible" to the world anymore. Sue becomes their champion by fighting not just the villains (and the odd flashy costumed henchman so it's not completely removed from a superhero book) but that industry as a whole. Not only could it tell a good story and make a statement, it could also be used as a tool to bring more attention to the issue that's going on.

Anyway, just my two cents.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    oh and I want her to fight Living Laser. he doesn't have to be the only villain. but that would be my short want-list.
    "That's the problem with invisible force fields light, even focused light like mine passes right through them" - Dazzler.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    "That's the problem with invisible force fields light, even focused light like mine passes right through them" - Dazzler.
    That's where her invisibility power gets some shine.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

if some short bald jerk hadn't killed him, I think Living Laser could have given her a good fight. like the name implies, he was living intelligent light. that means that he could, theoretically, adjust/adapt to Sue's powers. Arthur was pretty smart (if crazy) to begin with. and he quickly learned how to render himself invisible and intangible; upon getting his upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if some short bald jerk hadn't killed him, I think Living Laser could have given her a good fight. like the name implies, he was living intelligent light. that means that he could, theoretically, adjust/adapt to Sue's powers. Arthur was pretty smart (if crazy) to begin with. and he quickly learned how to render himself invisible and intangible; upon getting his upgrade.
    Perhaps substitute Dr. Edward Lansky (Lightmaster)?
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I'd steer right into the name and make it a book that's timely for what's going on in the world right now. Bring back an old-time villain like Mind-Master or Miracle Man and revamp them to be more of the "legit type with shady dealings" kind of villain and have them engaged in human trafficking, particularly women for the sex trade...women who are all but "invisible" to the world anymore. Sue becomes their champion by fighting not just the villains (and the odd flashy costumed henchman so it's not completely removed from a superhero book) but that industry as a whole. Not only could it tell a good story and make a statement, it could also be used as a tool to bring more attention to the issue that's going on.

Anyway, just my two cents.
    Sue with Doom shadowing her, much like Doom shadowed Stark. A sort of sexual tension knowing Sue and Victor were married in Secret Wars. Doom redeeming himself, (popping up if Sue gets into difficulties), which Sue gets annoyed at. Sue and Namor sexual tension could be added, and now you see why Doom and Namor are allies, through their connection to Sue. I’d love an argument like that between Victor and Namor : You don’t know how to satisfy her/ I give her intellectual stimulus. (Rude, I know). While Sue stands there arms folded rolling her eyes like normal : Are you two finished? Victor you take the right side. Namor? You break down the wall. On my mark, now. Victor and Namor together : I will not be ordered by a woman. Sue : NOW!
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-01-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Doom is overexposed