Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Sue with Doom shadowing her, much like Doom shadowed Stark. A sort of sexual tension knowing Sue and Victor were married in Secret Wars. Doom redeeming himself, (popping up if Sue gets into difficulties), which Sue gets annoyed at. Sue and Namor sexual tension could be added, and now you see why Doom and Namor are allies, through their connection to Sue. I’d love an argument like that between Victor and Namor : You don’t know how to satisfy her/ I give her intellectual stimulus. (Rude, I know). While Sue stands there arms folded rolling her eyes like normal : Are you two finished? Victor you take the right side. Namor? You break down the wall. On my mark, now. Victor and Namor together : I will not be ordered by a woman. Sue : NOW!
    Those two will take focus away from Sue so I would not want them in her mini at all. I'm tired of her life being revolved around the men in it and the mini should be a book to get away from that. When you look at your premise it's more about Doom and Namor than Sue, she's just there being the mother/big sister figure or an object to fight over again.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-01-2018 at 06:18 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I’d like to see them develop an enemy specific for Sue.
    They did that a while back in the Fantastic Four vol. 3 that was created immediately after the Heroes Reborn stuff ended. Doom remained stranded on Franklin's planet, conquered it and called it Planet Doom. There were quite a few dopplegangers that Franklin populated that world with that were similar to the counterparts sometimes, sometimes not. There was the Atlan Warrior Queen Dorma and she became on of Doom's generals

To make a long story short, Reed ended up being trapped in Doom's armor after they defeated the Dreaming Celestial while Doom was sent back to Planet Doom. Reed had to continue the masquerade as Doom to keep Doom's generals under control. He also went through another wedding ceremony with Sue while still trapped in the armor. Dorma, who got intested in Doom while they were on Planet Doom, became very jealous of Sue and tried to kill her a couple of times until she was sent back to her home planet.

I think she later died in the Exiles.

how original. a villainess whose motive is romantic jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Those two will take focus away from Sue so I would not want them in her mini at all. I'm tired of her life being revolved around the men in it and the mini should be a book to get away from that. When you look at your premise it's more about Doom and Namor than Sue, she's just there being the mother/big sister figure or an object to fight over again.
    You could be right. I like the premise of Sue on her own. She did it hounding Stark in secret in Civil War, and in SHIELD that one story. I was a little surprised Sue had real affection for Tony Stark in that story. Like maybe they used to sit around playing cards together.

There have been a good few stories published in FF where Sue wanders off alone, like, becoming the Queen of Old Atlantis for one, or, in Civil War 6, Sue implores Namor to help Cap. Sue has been seen in lone situations in publication, and another that comes to mind is Sue and Jessica Jones in conversation, and Sue and MJ in conversation for another. Or even Sue as her evil counterpart.
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-01-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Probably, but all of the Marvel women of the sixties were models, weren't they? Just look at the Cyclops Marvel Girl reprint for the True Believers Phoenix set. (X-Men 48). I'd dump a modelling experience for med school in a nano-second for Sue.
    You wouldn't have to dump it. There's a fair number of women ( and men) who do a little minor modeling and then more on to other careers. Just establish that she did it for say just under a year or whatever then moved on to her med studies.

BANNED

I do think that besides invading the Spider Man verse , Sinister targeting Franklin should of happened a,long time and should be a recurring situation. They aren't just gonna outsmart him and take him down. That just isn't gonna happen.

BANNED

And heres another idea..Sue and Jean Grey are so squeaky clean. She needs an unexpected affair to change the game up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Doom is overexposed
    I agree, I feel like if Doom appeared in this mini, he would take the wind out of Sue's sails. Having a smaller villain (could be a B-list FF villain, but not necessary) would give Sue more focus and maybe provide her with a more personal enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    I do think that besides invading the Spider Man verse , Sinister targeting Franklin should of happened a,long time and should be a recurring situation. They aren't just gonna outsmart him and take him down. That just isn't gonna happen.
    I've always found it weird that Sinister hounded Scott and Jean when Sue and Reed had a literal God-baby. They can't hide Franklin's powers forever.

And heres another idea..Sue and Jean Grey are so squeaky clean. She needs an unexpected affair to change the game up.
    I think that's the last thing either of them need. There are so few "squeaky clean" heroes in Marvel anymore and either of them having an affair would not be of benefit to either of them. It would be cheap drama that ruins the characters and be all about the men in their lives, which is something both characters need to get away from.

BANNED

I've always found it weird that Sinister hounded Scott and Jean when Sue and Reed had a literal God-baby. They can't hide Franklin's powers forever.

I think that's the last thing either of them need. There are so few "squeaky clean" heroes in Marvel anymore and either of them having an affair would not be of benefit to either of them. It would be cheap drama that ruins the characters and be all about the men in their lives, which is something both characters need to get away from.
    Sinister is brilliant..the top geneticist on earth and surely knows of Franklin Richards and everything he's capable of..so that was a odd blind spot with writers to let Franklin exist without him being a target of Nathaniel Essex.

And no...an affair wouldn't ruin her. I think she needs drama and an unexpected cliffhanger that throws the reader off instead of another trip into Malice. That stuff is dead. Neglected pretty blonde wives? They have affairs every single day...especially those very well off like her. It's relatable and you can always build her back up.

Say Marvel was interested in an Invisible Woman mini.

What do you think should be a good premise for the book?

Who would you think would be a good creative team for it?

How many issues would you give it?
    Something what doesn’t include romantic relationships, Reed, Namor etc.

And no...an affair wouldn't ruin her. I think she needs drama and an unexpected cliffhanger that throws the reader off instead of another trip into Malice. That stuff is dead. Neglected pretty blonde wives? They have affairs every single day...especially those very well off like her. It's relatable and you can always build her back up.
    I disagree, her having an affair would do nothing to develop her and would be a terrible decision. It would be like utilizing all of the problems with Sue over the years instead of leaving them behind and finally letting her grow. Keep her happy with Reed as there is no reason to mess that up for heap drama. An affair would just another case of her life being revolved around the men in it and it has to stop. I do believe that Malice is tired and needs to stop being used instead of actually developing her. But having an affair is just as bad if not worse.
    It's way past due that she got goals, aspirations, and actual character development. She should be more than just the wife of Reed.

BANNED

I disagree, her having an affair would do nothing to develop her and would be a terrible decision. It would be like utilizing all of the problems with Sue over the years instead of leaving them behind and finally letting her grow. Keep her happy with Reed as there is no reason to mess that up for heap drama. An affair would just another case of her life being revolved around the men in it and it has to stop. I do believe that Malice is tired and needs to stop being used instead of actually developing her. But having an affair is just as bad if not worse.
    It's way past due that she got goals, aspirations, and actual character development. She should be more than just the wife of Reed.
    Here's the thing..are they really happy? The secrets he keeps from them...in all truth, this shouldn't be a problem free marriage. It kind of doesn't seem feasible from a logical standpoint unless we are to take it that Sue Richards has no backbone and wants to continue to be in the dark and be a underling to Reed and Valeria.

Here's the thing..are they really happy? The secrets he keeps from them...in all truth, this shouldn't be a problem free marriage. It kind of doesn't seem feasible from a logical standpoint unless we are to take it that Sue Richards has no backbone and wants to continue to be in the dark and be a underling to Reed and Valeria.
    Yes they are happy. Whenever Reed keeps thing s from his family it's always to protect them and Sue has had conversations with him about how that isn't helping. They've gotten past that and Reed is sharing more. The last book they both were (Avengers:Time runs out) had Sue knowing about the Illuminati and helping Reed try and save what he could of the universe. An affair would not only be a repeated story but it would make Sue look horrible, all for cheap drama. There is no positive and it would not benefit the character in any way. What she needs are stories that get away from that tired drama and focus on her as growing as a person. It's been over 50 years since her creation and we know hardly anything about her. We don't know what she's like outside of the family, we don't know of any goals or aspirations, and she doesn't even have best friend.

The most people can describe about Sue is "nice" or "loves her family". That's it. While there could be paragraphs written about the other three. An affair would do nothing but ruin Sue's image and taint the only long-lasting superhero marriage.

You want a real shocking affair? Have Sue and Ben Grimm have an affair and see what that means to Reed Richards. Ben always had a crush on Sue and was fighting for her affections right up until Reed and Sue got married. A writer could manufacture a situation where Sue and Ben find themselves together and it turns romantic while Ben is turned back human. Sue feels guilty she does it but can’t end the affair once it starts. It would be a sensational story.

Love your little Icon Crimz. I remember Steve McNivens provocative covers of Sue and the Thing in “the 4” just before Civil War. They were so sexy and suggestive having Sue with the Thing alone like that.

But what would you suggest for Sues best friend? And how would you fill in Sues back story? I could see Sue having a Secret life, considering the family were aware of Sue needing mummy time in Secret Invasion FF. What went on in those mummy times? With Sues invisibility’s she could have entered any secret meetings and changed the course of history, like a secret agent of Man on the Wall Nick Fury. From the first time Nick Fury visited Reed Richards in the Silver Age, Fury could have whispered in Sues ear to meet him at the coffee shop and start their relationship. You think the Illuminati were clandestine? What would a Nick Fury/Invisible Girl teamup have done? That’s some Tales To Astonish right there.
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-04-2018 at 07:17 PM.