Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tales of Suspense #101

I really want to like this but i just hate Hawkeye so much. Did him and Nat even actually ever date. Last i remembered they just banged in a broom closet, thats not dating. At least me and Bucky are on the same page about him. I did get a kick out of that, and the ending was interesting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I really want to like this but i just hate Hawkeye so much. Did him and Nat even actually ever date. Last i remembered they just banged in a broom closet, thats not dating. At least me and Bucky are on the same page about him. I did get a kick out of that, and the ending was interesting.
    They dated before he joined the Avengers. You see he wanted to be a hero, got seduced by Black Widow to fight Iron Man, eventually he got his chance to be a hero and I guess they drifted from there.

You only need to go back 37 issues. (yes, I know. I'm joking. I know this is ancient history in Marvelland)

"Sando and Omar?" oh why haven't these two been brought back? :tongueincheek:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    "Sando and Omar?" oh why haven't these two been brought back? :tongueincheek:
    #SANDOMAR

Make it happen, Marvel!

I liked the spy intrigue stuff, with both Clint and Bucky admitting it was actually fun. As far as Bucky's disrespecting of Clint goes, first of all, hating on the WCA is just rude; second of all, how can he say Clint has a problem with commitment when he was the one Clint turned to for help when trying to win Bobbi back and then when trying to help her with her post-Skrull trauma? I can accept it if he means a lack of commitment over the past few years (during the Hawkguy phase), but then why drag the WCA into it?

You'd think Thunderbolts would come up at some point. Bucky and Clint both used to lead the team, and pretty much the same roster to boot (the only other lineup difference is Kobik instead of Jolt).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They did. It's Silver Age stuff mostly (correct if I am wrong guys. I suck at telliz apart silver age from bronze age and stuff like that) and basically their origin story.
    Weren't it for him she'd maybe still be a Villain so while it's been a while it's a rather significant relationship.
    Since then it was mostly handled in Alternate Universes or other Media, like in Earth's Mightiest Heroes while in the 616 Universe they only hinted at being still interested in each other up until Secret Empire other than that they have been portrayed as besties a lot. I sincerely doubt the closet room sex was everything that happened between them in the weeks of Hydras takeover.

@101:
    Another great issue. I love how the humour and action is in perfect balance so far. Like there are many jokes but there is enough room for character defining moments, drama and a whole lot of action while NO ONE is portrayed as incompetent.

I think this is the best Barton has been written in a very long while and I even think Bucky, who I usually like just fine though he comes off as stale quite often, is surprisingly entertaining and relatable.
    It really helps that we get to read his thoughts.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

If it's before Gwen died in 1973, it can be considered to be silver age. Anything in the anthologies is silver age, they were broken up into solos in 1968.
    Comics scholar Arnold T. Blumberg places the end of the Silver Age in June 1973, when Gwen Stacy, girlfriend of Peter Parker (Spider-Man) was killed in a story arc later dubbed "The Night Gwen Stacy Died", saying the era of "innocence" was ended by "the 'snap' heard round the comic book world — the startling, sickening snap of bone that heralded the death of Gwen Stacy."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Age_of_Comic_Books
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Skids made a crude joke about the boys and their crushes, but it's not like Clint is claiming that he and Natasha had some great love story. She's his friend, and he's certainly allowed to be concerned about her and hope that she's alive.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Issue was better then the first. After reading i only have one thought. I wanna know of Skids was the body they found lol. Her shield could protect her from an explosion. Also figures it was Yelena. Its fitting
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    You only need to go back 37 issues. (yes, I know. I'm joking. I know this is ancient history in Marvelland)

Wow, 37 issues and we get a price hike from 12 cents to 3.99 .... yikes, inflation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You'd think Thunderbolts would come up at some point. Bucky and Clint both used to lead the team, and pretty much the same roster to boot (the only other lineup difference is Kobik instead of Jolt).
    That does seem like a good question to ask about...

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Issue was better then the first. After reading i only have one thought. I wanna know of Skids was the body they found lol. Her shield could protect her from an explosion. Also figures it was Yelena. Its fitting
    There was nobody else in the car. So it had to be her...

I'm surprised that the X office allowed an Avengers family title to whack a New Mutant though.

I didn't know what Skids's mutant power was until I looked it up just now, but apparently she has some kind of force field that makes her invincible, so I wouldn't be surprised if the body that they found in the river (that we didn't see) was a red herring, and she's actually fine.